Swatch — watch cannot be repaired or replaced after 2 years & needs to be thrown away.
Dear Sir/ madam,
I, Gale C Roberts, am writing from India, to inform you about my BAD experience with Swatch watches India. I purchased a swatch watch SKIN from official swatch store at palladium mall, lower parel, Mumbai. This is one of the most premium malls in the city of Mumbai having a presence of all premium brands like Armani, Gucci, Zegna etc.
I was gifted my Swatch Skin in October 2017( warranty & bill attached ) . I do not use this watch daily just on Sundays so it has very little chance of any wear & tear. thus when it stopped functioning this November & visited Swatch service centre, I was surprised to learn that my watch is lazer sealed & can't be repaired. Since the 24 month warranty period is over, I would have to either THROW MY WATCH IN THE GARBAGE or Swatch India would offer me a 35% discount on a new watch(attached service response)
I HAVE 2 COMPLAINTS:
1) Does a reputed Swiss company like swatch make watches with a life of just two years.
2) I sincerely feel that Counterfeit sub standard Swatch watches are being sold in India, because at the service centre many customers had same problem as me. Let me bring to your notice that all the swatch official stores have been closed in Mumbai, there is only one very far from the city in panvel or thane. this must be the case because all customers like me feel cheated.
Swatch Skin is a fantastic design & we own other swatch watches but they were purchased in USA.
I would like some help from the Swatch company. please consider my complaint & offer me some solution. Looking forward to hearing from you at the earliest. Thank you.
Please find attached 4 documents:
1) forwarded email from Swatch service center
2) my BILL( in the name of my family member Vikesh)
3) my WARRANTY &
4)image of Watch.
(response from Mumbai, India service centre)
Customer Service, Mumbai
Mon 02/12/2019 2:33 PM
Good Afternoon !!! As per your visit to our service centre, Please confirm if you wish to go ahead with the Swatch replacement post warranty benefit, wherein you may get an exchange offer (purchase of new watch) with 35% percentage of discount depending on the current condition of the watch, provided you carry the invoice or warranty card along with the watch.
Swatch as a brand do not offer any repair service. Instead as per the warranty norms given by the brand we can replace the watch if the mechanism of the watch fails under warranty. Swatch watches are laser sealed and therefore cannot be repaired, only replaced. All Swatch watches come with a two (2) year warranty on the internal movements of the watch.
As general information, we would like to point out that the international warranty only comes into force if the warranty card is submitted with the watch and the card is properly filled in by an official retailer.
This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information which may be confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient please do not read, save, forward, disclose or copy the contents
of this e-mail. If this e-mail has been sent to you in error, please delete this
e-mail and any copies or links to this e-mail completely and immediately
from your system. We also like to inform you that communication via e-mail
over the Internet is insecure because third parties may have the possibility
to access and manipulate e-mails.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of
The Swatch Group Ltd.
More Swatch Complaints & Reviews
- Swatch Group - poor customer service
- Swatch / Tissot - repair and warranty
- Swatch Group / Hamilton Watch - repair rip-off scheme
- Swatch - don't honor warranty
- Swatch - no spare parts
- Swatch - total rip off!!
- Swatch - unethical behaviour and unauthorized charges
- Swatch - horrible customer service
- Swatch Irony Chrono - defective band
- Swatch - watch