Complaints & Reviews

date Tue, Jan 11, 2011
subject Part-Time Job

Swatch Group Job Application

Greetings,

We would like to present you a part-time job offer as a finance officer for our company, Swatch Group. Our company sells deluxe watches in Europe and in some areas in United States. We would like to extend our business in your region, that is why this part-time job was created.

Processing a payment involves the following:
1. Receive the payment from our customers by Bank Transfers.
2. Pick up the payment from your account and keep your 10% commission fee.
3. Send the rest of the money to one of our headquarters in Europe.

This job will require about 1-2 hours per day from your time and your incomes will start from 250-300 USD per week to 500USD per week.

If you are interested in our offer please visit our website by clicking on the following link:

Click here to access our website

Andy C. Grossfield,
Swatch Group.

© 2011, Swatch Group, Switzerland

defective band

Bought a swatch watch in 2006. Had to replace the band thrice. The watch has a beautiful black and steel band but the black joints are made of plastic and it cannot carry the weight of the watch. The problem has been raised by several others who bought the same product. Had to send the watch to kuwait to get the band once coz it was not available in india at that time. Replacing the band thrice cost me more than the watch. Now this is the fourth time a joint in the band is again broken. Dont know what to do. I was really a swatch fan but having faced the problem so many times really is fed up with it.

omega watch repair

I purchased an Omega Seamaster in 2007. According to Omega website, watches should be serviced when around 4 to 5 years old.
At the end of 2010 I sent the watch to the service centre recommended by the Omega website - The Swatch Group Belgium S.A./N.V., The Bridge, 1424 Chaussée de Mons, Bruxelles 1070
Swatch Group held the watch for over 2 months and charged me 315 Euros to service it (around 200 Euro of the cost) and repair the strap.
Within 3 weeks of the watch finally being returned, it stopped.
I returned the watch once again to Swatch Group who held on to it for another 6 weeks.
When it was finally returned to me for the second time, the date started changing at 36 hours instead of 24 hours.
Lesson - probably not safe to service your watch and certainly don't use the Swatch Group!!!

my swatch is rubbish

And i received no feedback after having sent two complains to Customer Care via the Swatch official website. I cannot change the time or the date anymore. I would like to get it fixed at an authorized Swatch dealer. I am prepare to pay for the service. I do not demand free this or that! I went to a Swatch shop in Valencia and they basically told me to throw it away. It´s a Swatch Irony. I expected more than 18 months from a solid watch like this! It´s why i bought a Swatch in the first place. I wanted at least a decade from it. It seems as if Swatch is betraying our expectations. This is not an isolated case.
I would like my watch fixed. Who from Swatch can help me, if anyone? My e-mail is [protected]@yahoo.co.uk
Cheers,
Gabriel

• Wr
    wreuven Sep 22, 2012

As you were told, throw it away. Swatch watches are pretty but not built to last. Most models cannot be repaired because they are glued shut. You local swatch store may give you a 50% discount on your next swatch if you like to be cheated again.

defect in the watch

dear sir,
greeting,
The beginning I feel guilty after a large I bought an swatch because he has no interest in customer service or after-sales where I bought an watch since the nearly two and a half and more than six times go to my observation delay time and it does not work, history does not change every time the employee section tells me that will change the battery And after less than a month due time for the delay and when I told him I doubt that the problem in machin manifacturing told me that the battery only and the latter asked the seller to examine them and told me that the problem in machine and he will be replaced in return for 250 SR-Fi set up this argument that the warranty is over the flag to disadvantage the employee and the defect machine defect Where Soc manufacturing industry and where the Swiss and the God and yes, the agent because I do not forgive in my right and this is generally looted telephone [protected] and my name is Omar Said Abdel Meguid.

quality of wristbands and service

I have bought the Swatch watch in June 2009 with an innovative metal-rubber wristband. The innovation proved to be a complete failure as dozens of customers around the world queued for replacement of wristbands. First I experienced that VMF which is the only Swatch service in Azerbaijan, refused to replace bandwrists for free, claiming it is wear and tear! Iwrote a complaint to Swatch headquarters and there was no reply!
When troubled wristband failed for the 2nd time in Nov 2010 I asked for replacement and service centre had no other types of wristbands to replace! It is end of March, and they still have no offers!!! This is unacceptable.
Swatch does not control the activity of its service centres around the globe, and the global website has the contacts for Azerbaijan service centre NOT updated for at least 7 years!!! Both postcodes and phone numbers changed since that time!

black watch

Hiring practices are reverse biased. They operate in gangs along the streets. They ride public transportation and keep sleep all day or else give riders the evil eye. If you are not their kind they are purposely rude and manipulative, daring you talk back so they can label you in order to justify more mistreatment. You can see that mean self-satisfied look in all the moms that patrol atlanta street. These toughs are trained to train their kids to join black watch so they can keep all the jobs to themselves, the bus drivers, the clerks, the entry level, the minority slots, the orderlies, all of them commiserating to move on up. And when they do, they are ever so self-satisfied and create new black watches at higher levels, intimidating at new levels, and creating new false guilts and spins.

horrible customer service

Today October 15th, 2010 i decided to go to the Swatch store with my friend right after school. We still had...

repair rip-off scheme

3/8/10 I sent my Hamilton Khaki quartz watch back to the Swatch Group for replacement of a broken crystal in...

wouldn't repair a recent watch, lost my box, total rip-off

I sent my Hamilton Khaki quartz watch back to the Swatch Group for replacement of a broken crystal. The watch was purchased new in the late 1990s, and was off the 5 year warranty, but I wanted to have the watch properly re-sealed and the vacuum restored inside the case. After speaking to them on the phone, I was told to send the watch for a repair estimate. I sent it, in its original box, with the original warranty and dealer purchase information. Mistake! I got an estimate back by email, and then by regular mail, stating that they couldn't repair the watch because they no longer have the correct parts and would not repair it unless it could be returned to its original specs. They would keep the watch until I either authorized its return, so I could get it fixed on my own (they'd direct me to a list of "qualified" watch repair people.) OR, I could purchase a brand new watch from them at a generous 30% off retail. Woo-hoo! You can buy a new Hamilton from Ashford, or many other online retailers for a lot less that that. I was pissed, and told them I only needed them to replace a very common round crystal, the was probably exactly the same as on some of their new watches, but no dice. They just wanted me to buy a new watch at a substantial profit to them, and then keep my still running, still good watch, that only needed a crystal.

So told them to send it back to me. When it arrived it came without the case. When called about that, they said they'd look for it, but they don't keep them because there was no room to store them. I told them the watch was collectible with the case, and wanted the original one back. They first insisted they had no record of having received the case, and that they photographed each watch as it was received. Wrong! It WAS sent in the case. They said they'd look for it and get back to me by the next day. I don't know if they did the former; they definitely never did the later. When I called them back again a week later, they said they'd look again. Then I was told they'd found the case and would send it. I asked for confirmation that it was the original. Was told it was. But what they sent me was a huge modern case in a hideous orange color. It has just kept going on, they insisting I never sent the box, and that they wouldn't fix the watch when. I told them to just send me a similar, inexpensive (relatively) new Quartz Khaki, they said they could, but I'd have to send mine back. (Ok...) And buy the new watch on their "exchange program" for 30% off retail. This has been going on for three months since I received the “sorry” non-estimate. Now we're pretty much right back where we started. I've still got a nice watch with a broken crystal…and now I don’t have the original box. They’ve got me madder than hell about being jerked around and getting ripped off by a scheme to simply sell customers new watches at a very nice profit.

Can you say, "crooks", boys and girls? Don’t send your watch back to Swatch. Don’t buy one of their overpriced, brands either. Based on my experience, they certainly don’t support them.

no warranty honor

I bought a Swatch for my wife.

Problem #1: The band broke after about a month. Upon searching the Internet, I was surprised to find that Swatch is well known for providing flimsy bands on many of their watches and of course they don't cover the band in their warranty. I paid for a new band.

Problem #2: The watch lets water in if it gets wet at all. I returned it for repair since it was still under warranty. After a month, they returned the watch, saying it was my fault for scratching the glass. (There is a tiny almost invisible scratch on the glass AND by the way the watch claims to be "water-resistant 30 meters" and "scratch-resistant")

Problem #3: I took the watch to a repairman. He told me that Swatches cannot be repaired because they are glued shut. He also told me that was why my watch was leaking because this is a poor way to water-proof a watch.

In short, Swatch makes pretty watches but they are flimsy and disposable and your typical 2 dollar watch will probably last you longer. If you think the extra money buys you good service, think again. SWATCH does not honor their warranty.

• Ol
    olric.de Nov 17, 2010

I totally agree with you!
    My husband bought for me a swatch watch as a birthday present and right after its guarantee expires its glued-shut-impossible-to-open-cover just dropped!
    You are totally right, paying more does not mean that you buy a high quality equipment everytime. And it seems that Swatch watches do not deserve the money we paid at all.

• Ab
    Abdul kader khaja Feb 10, 2011

I brought a swatch irony diaphane. Its not working properly after 24 months of use. i changed two times battery in show room. I try to repair but they are suggesting to replace with another watch with around 50% of the cost of new one is almost what i purchased before. Now i decided to not to go again for the same brand. Beware of there poor service.

• Cw
    C Wong Jul 08, 2012

I bought a Swatch normal plastic type in Feb from DFO South Wharf. Within 3 months, the battery hatch (plastic casing) cracked. This meant that the battery cover (metal) fell off along with the battery. I took this into Swatch Melb city store for a replacement warranty. They took it back to Swatch Warranty (Glen Iris) to review. Swatch did not honour the replacement as the 'watch case' is not covered by warranty. Honestly, the warranty is not worth the piece of paper it is written on. Less than 3.5 months and a refusal to honour it? Even the shop assistants agreed, but said they could do nothing as the final say was held by the Swatch warranty people. Lesson 1: Avoid Swatches with plastic casing. One good thing about Swatch, they do swap your watch bands for FREE (so buy them off eBay and ask the store people to change them for you).

don't honor warranty

I bought a Swatch for my wife.

Problem #2: The watch lets water in. I returned it for repair since it was still under warranty. After a month, they returned the watch, saying it was my fault for scratching the glass. (There is a tiny almost invisible scratch on the glass AND by the way the watch claims to be "scratch-resistant")

• Ck
    ckaren Mar 30, 2017

My swatch only last almost 3 years ... :( 24months warranty is over and apparently, its not fixable?? i wasted my money on swatch! nice looking watches is nothing compared to other watches that lasts longer !!!

• Sh
    Sherly Mexz Oct 25, 2017

Same with me. I bought my slim type Swatch and after exactly 2 years 6 months, my Swatch is not moving and I sent it to Swatch outlet to change the battery . However the SA told me that it is not due to the battery but the watch itself is the problem. The warranty is already over (2 years warranty) and they cannot do anything even to fix it.. What a waste!

no spare parts

I bought a swatch irony. It has a metal band with black plastic inserts. The plastic is rubbish and break constantly. I have twice replaced the band. This time I wanted to replace the plastic parts with metal. Swatch say they cannot provide the parts. Basically a Swatch is a throw away product. Not quite what one would expect

• Wa
    wasdert Sep 05, 2009

Instead of complaining one might best visit www.swatchrepair.com They will provide you with many Swatch parts.

repair and warranty

I recently returned a Tissot Titanium Touch watch for repairs right at the 2 year warranty period. My dealer sent it back and was told it would cost over $200.00 to repair. I then send them copy of my receipt and was told that it would be covered under warranty so I had them go ahead with the repair.

A month later my dealer received the watch back and had been charged the $200.00+ for the repairs. Tissot now tells me that my dealer is not an authorized dealer so they do not honor the warranty. There are no authorized dealer in my area so my dealer got the watch for me from an authorized dealer.

I have had better $30.00 Casio watches than this $600.00 piece of junk. Tissot is worse than the insurance companies when it comes to honoring their warranty. They first told me it would be covered so I OK ed the work. Now that the work is done they have change their tune. Absolutely no customer service and will not claim any responsibility for misleading me on the warranty coverage.

In the past, what you paid for an item reflected the quality and customer service you received. In the case of Tissot this is truly not the case.

Mark May 15, 2009

I agree. I bought a Tissot in March of 2007, it began failing in March of 2009, not keeping time at all. I had moved since purchasing it and went to a nearby jewelery store to see about sending it in for repairs. Bottom line, Tissot will not do warranty work that is mailed in from anyone except "authorized Tissot dealers". They want $350 + shipping to fix a watch that cost $450. I told them what they can do with it. I intend to post on every on-line watch site I can about the horrible service I encountered trying to deal with them and the poor quality of their watches. Do not buy Tissot.

• Zu
    zulkifli Nov 07, 2009

before I heard this tissot T-Touch will facing problem after 3 month use on the touch glass, its really... mine was less than 3 month already problem with the tuoch glass. but I cant do anything coz now I'm in the outstation working, have to wait another a month to send back my tissot to the shop where I buy it. still dont know how much they will charge me.

• Pl
    PLIJR Oct 05, 2010

I bought a Tissot T-Touch with money I earned while serving in combat in Iraq. It has been nothing but a problem since I got it. The side buttons fell off in less than 3 months. When I got the chance to send it in it was past warranty and they sent me a bill for ove 200 saying it needed a complete overhaul. Seems they have a standard amount to soak you for and that is all they are willing to do. They returned it unfixed since I wouldn't pay for the complete thing. No comment on what I would do to an executive for that company if I met them in person.

• Li
    Liviu Meister Mar 24, 2017

I own 3 TISSOT watches all gold 18 karat SEAMASTER ultra-thin. I maitain them at the swatch group repair in TORONTO. I took all them in different times to battery replacements. They all require "MOVEMENT OVERHAUL" that is $169 a pop. There are two things here that are disturbing but only one is true. The quality of the watch went down or the swatch group repair lies about the need to overhaul the watch. This company is very driven to suck your dollars on fake repairs so stays away from any brand associated with SWATCH GROUP or TISSOT. I got better of with an good ECO drive CITIZEN which i own for years and never had any issue.

poor customer service

Swatch Group - www.swatchgroup.com I bought a Tissot watch and the crown fell out. Since the watch was still...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices