Super 8 Worldwide

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 by

hotel amenities-pool-wifi-calls-heat

March 20, 2017

I visited the Super 8 in Phoenix Arizona from March 13-17, 2017. It was my first time visiting Phoenix and I was very much looking for ward to the trip. I decided to book at the Super 8 on 965 E Van Buren as it was located downtown at a rate of $189 per night. The hotels description states that it has an outdoor pool, free wifi and free local calling. Those were all the options that I narrowed my search down to as I was travelling alone.

Unfortunately none of the phones worked in my room or in the other guests rooms that I spoke with. This meant that I had to make all of my calls in the front lobby to book any excursions or local calls. It was very inconvenient and difficult to make plans for the day without a phone as well as others standing by.
The pool was closed all day on the Wednesday due to a broken light that was never repaired. This was one of the biggest disappointments as the weather was 34 degrees and I traveled from Canada's cold to swim. In addition the pool was not heated and was ice cold.
The wifi then broke on the 16th and 17th which meant there was no internet access, no way to get uber to get back to the airport or to get rides, no way to call for bus schedules or make calls through an app for calling out.
Although the staff were helpful and pleasant and the breakfast was tidy and met my expectations, overall the hotel as a huge disappointment and I am requesting a refund or a credit for the five days I paid at another hotel. Had I known that there would be so many issues-especially the pool being so neglected, I would have not stayed there and i would not recommend this hotel to others in the future.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Natalie Lijoi
[removed]
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Hotels

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree