Sunset Resorts - Sunset Lagoon Y Marina / Refusal to terminate contract within five day termination period
I fell for the story about perpetual rental of half of my weeks purchased, as well as the line that the resort company will buy my unit back for at least my purchase price but probably more than my purchase price after a few years because property values in Cancun go up ten percent or more per year.
After purchasing, I read the contract closely and figured out that all the promises were just that, there were no guarantees in the contract.
I noticed clause 12 which allows for termination of contract with credit of all monies paid if done within five days. I hand delivered a letter three days after signing the contract and was surrounded by salesmen who said I had waived my right to terminate because of the rental agreement.
The resort refuses to refund my money and terminate my contract, they have agreed to downgrade and reduce my cost but I feel that because of the five day termination clause I should get all my money back.
I'm getting the run-a-round because I'm back in the US and they are in Mexico.
I've contacted Profeco and my credit card company and am hopeful that all will end well.
More Sunset Resorts - Sunset Lagoon Y Marina Complaints & Reviews
- Sunset Group - Fraud and dishonesty! 
- Sunset Group Marketing - Terrible company 
- Sunset Group - Scam and fraud! 
- Sunset Group Fishermen's Village - Lose our money and peace of mind! 
- Sunset Group Fishermen's Village - Sunset Fishermans Village Time Share - Rip-Off 
- Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences - sunset group / fraud and dishonest
- Sunset Royal Cancun Presentation - timeshare fraud
- Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences - pesadilla en sunset group 
- Royal Sunset - Royal sunset timeshare scam 
- Sunset Group - Hacienda tres rios timeshare scam