El Cid Vacations Club Logo

El Cid Vacations Club

Having problems with El Cid Vacations Club?

1800 523 4491 (Mexico)
1866 552 7320 (United States)
1866 611 1402 (Canada)
Av. Camarón Sábalo S/N, C.P.
Mazatlan
Mexico - 82110

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with El Cid Vacations Club.

Complaints & Reviews

El Cid Vacations Clubexit an unused product

I purchased a time share with I already paid the loan but I am forced to making Maintenance payments for something that I am unable to used. I am paying a product that I am not using. I need to exit the program. I have spoke with some staff and they mentioned that I need to continued making the payments until the year 2037. Imagine how much money they are taking away from me. I just need to end the contract.

El Cid Vacations Clubmember services

These people are nothing but criminals, fast talking scam artist, and bottom of the barrel when it comes to providing any kind of service. Using our timeshare is not feasible for us so for more than eight months I am in trying to work with them to pay out the termination obligation and be done with them. More than a dozen times they have referred me to their legal Department where the phone either rings with no answer or someone tells you they're out to lunch and will contact you. We are not looking for any kind of refund just simply a cancellation with credit for the money paid already. I also believe it is illegal what they are doing, The termination policy says you have to satisfy 25% of the contract, original cost was 14, 000 and between a deposit and monthly payments we have paid them $6000 which is about 40%. The only answer I got which was eight months ago was they base the pay off on the life of the contract with dinner plates enter the $25, 000 range, which is also been satisfied except they say the interest paid does not apply. Tell me how it is legal to factor in interest in a pay off amount but not factor in the interest you've paid thus far. Truly bottom of the barrel.

RESOLVED

Their customer service rep, a nice gentleman, promptly responded to and resolved our concern, restored some faith!

Jul 13, 2018

El Cid Vacations Club Mazatlan — time share purchase

El Cid ripped us of for about $60, 000.00 We went to El Cid Moro Beach for vacation and of course we got...

El Cid Mazatlan, Mexicounethical behavior

Many, many times over the last weeks and months we have spoken with, written to, and sent tracked letters to, various people who have not been able or willing to be truthful and take responsibility for the lies, misrepresentations, omissions of the salesmen who induced us to make this purchase.
      Stories have changed the further away we got from the date of purchase. The free cruise for six to Hawaii? Not true. We had agreed to the port fees and taxes, yes. What we didn't agree to was a discounted cruise. Sales also promised us a free cruise for two for the next 20 years. That, too, turned out to be nothing but a sales pitch with the sole objective to get us to close the deal.
      There was a window to cancel and get a full refund. Then there was a window for a 25% refund. Now all windows are closed and there is no possibility of cancellation. Or a full refund, you are telling us.
      You know all these things because we have told you repeatedly the lies we found out about, and yet are giving us a hard time about canceling. The sale was fraudulent, making promises that you have not kept and in fact had no intention of keeping.
      You are dishonest and lie about the benefits available to owners. We don't imagine that we are the only ones to have been scammed by you in the past.
      The sale was done fraudulently and as such is invalid.

El Cid — El Cid

All El Cid resorts are fraudulent and scheme off innocent people. They pressured my husband and I to purchase...

El Cid Vacations Club — WARNING !!! SCAM

To all of you, my wife and I went on vacations to the beautiful Cancun this past May 2013 and we were...

El Cid timeshare Mazatlan — Cancelled contract

After investing a lot of money in a time share. My stepmother passed away and failed to make the annual...

El CidTimeshare alert

those sales people have no shame. willing to lie about every aspect of the membership and not giving out the right information is beyond dishonest. They should focus on providing all the advantages the membership has to offer, without lies and straight information that way they will get to keep more happy members, rather than having a high number of unhappy members.

Here is another blacklist for El Cid, with more similar complaints,

El Cid Vacations Club — Rip-off

My husband and I went to the Mexican Rivera on a Royal Caribbean cruise that my son paid for my husband and...

El Cid Matazlan — Took our money and our timeshare

To make a long-tedious story short, we were "rooked" into buying a 19, 500 timeshare ( points) with the...

El Cid Vacations ClubsEl Cid Fraudulent Sales Practices

On Dec. 27 we were in Mazatlan, Mexico and really having a great time with our family. The shuttle picked us up at the airport and provided transportation back to our hotel at the El Cid Beach and Marina Yacht Club. They offered us some gifts and a ride back to the airport if we would listen to a timeshare presentation. We were there on a timeshare stay with Wyndham and have been very pleased with the resorts we have stayed in though them. We at first said that we weren´t interested and the just kept making it sound better and better so we finally decided that we would go and listen. We got there with our son and his family and Arturo Guevara (our salesperson) started right away with being so friendly and telling us that he had something really great for us and that it would just make our Wyndham timeshare even better and would put it to better use than what we were using it for now. What was supposed to take only 90 min. took well over 5 hours because we just kept saying no that we weren´t interested and then Arturo would add some more things to it telling us we justs couldn´t pass this up and that everything he said was true.

To start with when we sat down Arturo asked us if we had received a letter in the mail from Wyndham saying they were going to charge us a 700.00 dollar fee just because and when we said we hadn´t received that letter he said "Well it will be waiting for you when you get back home, because they have sent it out to everyone. He said at one time he had worked for Wyndham and the were very bad for doing that kind of thing. He then went into telling us about the El Cid Club and that it was very different from our Wyndham because it was a club catered just to us as members. That El Cid had taken millions of dollars and purchased hotels and spaces on airlines and cruises, so that when we wanted to use these vacations that we would have priority and we would always be able to get where we wanted to go because of the club vs. timeshare theory. He brought up any place we named on his fictitious computer that we now know and showed us that we could virtually stay anywhere when we wanted to take our vacation. He told us that we could stay at the Ritz Carlton for 50.00 a night and brought that up with a date that we just threw out and of course there was availability. He took us on the cruise lines and showed us that for around 2500.00 we could take about 7 of on a cruise for two weeks.

He told us we could fly on any airline for 198.00 anywhere we wanted to fly and never pay a penny more. He told us that he could sell our timeshare for 70, 000 and by the time we paid off our El Cid and Bank of America card we would have 6, 000 to the good. When we asked how he could be so sure of that he said "because I deal with his everyday and this is a risk we are taking with you because we need to have your promise us that when you get this money you will send it to us"He told us that they couldn´t make this deal unless they felt for sure we would be honest enough to send them their money. When I keep asking where we would send the money he keep saying saying that we would get a letter detailing all the information when our property get sold and they would get the same letter so they would know right away to expect their payment. Thought out the whole presentation I kept saying if we would be able to have access to all the properties of Wyndham that we do now and he assured us that we would plus more. I keep saying that I wasn´t interested in dealing with RCI and that I wanted to know where I could see what we would have available to us and he keep putting us off with "There are so many that we can´t name them all. you have to go though our VIP El Cid reservations and they will give you all that information but only if you go through them. If you don´t no one else will be able to help you and since your are VIP you will have your own special agent to help you make these accommodations."

Well, now to go back on the things he said and the truth of the matter. We haven´t sold our timeshare and the only thing it did was open us up to many other scam artists out there wanting to sell it for us. We have tried several time to use the airlines for 198.00 and it has always been more to use than just going directly through the airlines themselves. The VIP customer service is rude and not helpful at all. We have tried to stay in hotels for 50.00 a night only to find that they don´t have vacancies and they can´t help us. When making reservations to return to El Cid this year we couldn´t get any reservations except at El Cid Mazatlan and we then didn´t have enough points for what we needed because we didn´t qualify for the 35% points discounts. On the other hand we are still waiting for the letter from Wyndham saying they were charging us another 700.00 this year for extra maintenance costs.

Everything we have been told is a lie. Then come to find out we only get a small percent of Wyndham properties that we can stay out which was something I asked over and over because there was no way I wanted to give them up and go with a smaller group of vacation spots and I did not want to be connected with RCI as our main timeshare.

This has been my experience with El Cid Vacations Club, I´m just another scammed client, even that I tried several times to rectify the information and the offers we received. They will do anything to get you to sign that contract, what supposed to be a free transportation and some gifts for 90 minutes resulted on a exhausting presentation. I will regret this experience all my life, right now I´m contacting the timeshare developer to request the cancellation of my timeshare and the reimbursement of my monies.

I hope we can get a positive response, please feel free to leave your comments about my experience and what you would recommend me to do against this company.

Mazatlan Vacation Rentals Sep 29, 2011

Looking for a great deal in Mazatlan?

this is your opportunity, visit our website and discover that there is no need to own a timeshare to enjoy your holiday. Instead of paying a high maintenance fee every year, we invite you to see there are great places to stay at for an affordable price.

Check it out at:
              **For the moment our website is under maintenance but within the next weeks places would be ready to be shown to people interested in local rentals.

Sincerely, Mazatlan Vacation Rentals.
              "Renting with the locals, vacationing as one".

El Cid Mazatlan — Timeshare fraud

Sounds like the norm for the sales down there. I have to say we bought at the Mayan resort and got out of it...

El Cid Vacation Club — ALERT! TIMESHARE FRAUD

FRAUD ALERT FOR ALL EL CID RESORT TIMESHARE PRESENTATIONS! January 8, 2010 We were frauded by El Cid...

El Cid Vacation ClubBuyer beware

During our vacation in Cozumel we were invited for a meeting in El Cid. It was our first vacation in Mexico and a first for this kind of experience. They offered for us to buy a timeshare in El Cid. We had many doubts, but after getting asurance that if we change our mind, or our economical situation will change we can cancel the agreement by stoping payments and sending a resignation letter. They never said that for eventual cancelation we had only 5 days. After a few months our situation changed and we decided to cancel the agreement. So, as we were told by the El Cid emploee, we sent the resignation letter to El Cid (which they received) to cancel. Now they are chaseing us with some kind of collection agency sending threatening letters. The base of this complaint is total misinformation and false information given to us by the El Cid salesmen. If we knew that this agreemend is impossible to cancel we never would have signed it. Buyer be ware!

• Jg
                J. Gonzalez May 05, 2010

If you have been involved in a timeshare scam in Mexico, check out these articles:

El Cid Vacations Club — El Cid Vacations Club - Fradulent Sales Techniques

We traveled to Cozumel in April of this year to stay at the Park Royal Resort. Right after our arrival in...

El Cid, Mazatlan MexicoTimeshare faud - Outright Lying

A friend and I were accompanied during the bus ride from the airport to El Cid (part of the process of staying at El Cid) for a 1 week vacation that was in a 2 bedroom / 3 bath unit which was fully paid for. We were promised a day of all inclusive for each of us as well as one of four different city tours if we would attend a 1h time share sales pitch to which we agreed. During the sales pitch I told the main salesman that I already had a time share in Belize and that I didn’t have enough vacation for 2 weeks of timeshare a year. He proposed that he sell my timeshare for $16.9K (which value he came up with by obtaining comps taken from recent sales at the resort that I own my timeshare in) and then all I would have to do is pay the difference for a 2bedroom week at El Cid. I thought this was pretty good because it was only a difference of $4K (purchase price of the 2 bedroom El Cid resort was $20.9K) for a 2 bedroom vs a 1 bedroom which is what I had in Belize. Plus they offered to pay for the yearly fees to RCI for 20 year which currently cost me ~$75 a year on my existing timeshare (a $5K value in itself over 20years) as well as providing me 154, 000 RCI vacation points good for an additional timeshare week and an additional 2 bonus weeks at El Cid good for 2 years. The sales person said that he could “guarantee” (which is the word that he used) that my timeshare would sell for at least $16.9K due to the comps and his experience in such sales.

After I signed the paper work, I found out that my timeshare would be sold through a 3rd party (RSI), and there was no guarantee that it would sell. I did research on the web and found out that this tactic was used frequently at El Cid. Since there was no way that the sales person (I'm not putting his name in this complaint) could provide a written guarantee (I requested this the next day and he said he would not provide this) there was no way that I would know if my timeshare would sell. Thus, I could be stuck with 2 timeshares and I would not have any recourse once the 5 day grace period was consumed (this is the tactic that other disgruntled owners on the web said was used with them in the past).

Fortunately I had access to the web and was able to cancel my contract before the 5 days was up via sending registered mail and various emails.

They still charged us for the "all inclusive" and "room upgrade" perks that I were offered but never requested. I tried to dispute this via my credit card company but was unsuccessful.

DON'T GET CAUGHT BY THEIR OUTRIGHT LIES!!!

• Gonzalez & Gonzalez Law Firm Jun 30, 2009

Hi Diane and Cristina,
                  We would really appreciate if you give us the opportunity to contact you and clarify your issues with our firm, as the personnel for Gonzalez & Gonzalez is highly trained and supervised; and we can assure you that none of our customers have been attacked in any way.
                  Looking through the files and data base of our company we do not show any record under the name of ¨Diane Jersey¨ and/or ¨Cristine ----¨, who are the people complaining and defaming against the firm.
                  After 15 years of experience we knew some day this will happen, being conscious of this we back up ourselves by recording every incoming and outgoing telephone call.
                  In case of the existence of a recorded conversation with you under another name, we would like to expose it to the internet community to prove the opposite of the complaints made on June 30th against Gonzalez & Gonzalez to discard the fact that the post was exposed by our competitors or from the timeshare developers full of frustration by our advocacy and success on the resolution of the cases handled at Gonzalez & Gonzalez.
                  Also, Gonzalez and Gonzalez has never charged such exaggerated retainer fees, we have a long list of satisfied customers who support our firm, with identifications to validate their existence and able to show their satisfaction by the success in the resolution of their cases.
                  Gonzalez & Gonzalez counts with ample evidence, to show the Internet community and guarantee that there is no existence of this type of situation in our firm.
                  Respectfully,
                  Jose Gonzalez

El Cid Vacation Clubel cid vacation club fraud

We are also in a similar situation. We purchased points through El Cid with the understanding that we would be able to exchange other vacation packages through RCI. I tried to book a vacation to Maui and was told I would be put on a list to contact when a hotel came available. I was never contacted, in fact, I had to cancel our travel arrangements specifically because I could never get ahold of a representative to assist us.

We have since moved out of the country and have tried multiple times to contact El Cid to try to cancel our contract. We have left numerous messages on every phone number we could find as well as every e-mail address we could get, with no response.

How do we proceed with cancelling this and not damaging our credit?

Just an FYI: I found that we could book vacation packages cheaper than the El Cid package - even at an El Cid resort!

marie60 May 18, 2009

I had a similiar problem, mine was with mayan palace, i contacted a lawfirm in mexico also i tried other things here in the states but the laws in the US have no effect in mexico, so i did some research on the internet and i found two options, profeco and gonzalez lawfirm, gonzalez worked for me, they cancelled my contract and they got my downpayment back, call them they give you free evaluation of your case, the link to their webpage is www.gonzalezgonzalezlawfirm.com i hope they can help you

• Sy
                    sybersmash Jul 02, 2009

I stayed at the El Cid Le Ceiba resort in Cozumel on two different occasions. My wifes parents live in Merida which is about 5 hours away. My family, and I take a side trip to Cozumel everytime I visit my linlaws.

Both times when my family, and I arrived there were swarms of timeshare scammers waiting on the docks. I made sure they stays away.

When I checked in, the hotel clerk handed my keyes to the concierge. Soon the consierge tried to invite my wife, and I to their presentation. They presented me with a list of what they provided discounts for. I immediately handed it back, and said I was not interested. Then she said a free breakfast was included. I said so what. Then she kept insisting, and pushing the matter.

I realized the only way to deal with this was to be repulsive. Being nice was not working.
                    When I acted in a repulsive matter, the concierge said, "I am just doing my job." I said, "Then please do your job with someone else." Then I grabbed my keyes from the concierge, and my family and I went to our room.

Two years leter when my family, and I arrived at El Cid LeCeiba wife wife told the concierge do not attempt to talk to me about attending a presentation unless you wanted to be verbally abused. So that thime, the concierge gave me my keyes, and went to ur room, and did not have to hear the subject of timeshare come up again.

Since then my family, and I rent a condiminium in Cozumel. Checkout www.myhomeincozumel.com. They have grat places to stay at.

Thank you for reading this.

Best regards, and good luck.

• Jg
                    J. Gonzalez May 05, 2010

• Me
                    Mexico Scam Dec 15, 2010

My husband and I were accosted at the Cancun airport by a member of the El Cid vacation club. He told us he would give us a voucher for the $80.00 (USD) four our return trip to the airport plus $80.00 USD in cash if we attended a 90 minute presentation by him that was at the hotel "next door" to where we were staying. He also said we would have a nice lunch and be treated to a massage. All we had to do was pay him a deposit of $50.00 USD to "hold our reservation". Red flag! He said he would send a private taxi to pick us up at 10:00 on Monday morning. We waited 30 minutes, but no one showed up. I was relieved because we don't usually fall for these tactics. However, upon return to the room at 10:30, the phone rang and it was the front desk that said our driver was here. Reluctantly, we went down and got in the van. The "next door" turned out to be a one-hour drive. Red flag! Upon arrival at the El Cid resort in Riviera Maya, we saw the man who initially approached us. He said the reason we had to come so far was because we did not show up on time. Red flag! He took us to a part of the restaurant where he introduced us to a woman "Ledy" who was very nice and sat down and asked us a bunch of questions about where we like to vacation, etc. We were then taken to a huge open room with many other agents working with people on computers - showing them the benefits of joining the El Cid Vacation Club. Every time someone joined, they all cheered and clapped and then the champagne came out. We sat and listened to all of the options about how many "points" to purchase. We then were taken on a tour - of course to the suite that would require 400, 000 points to stay for one week. That option was around $60, 000.00. We got back to her "office" and then her manager approached us. They used relentless tactics to convince us to sign up. Both my husband and I were very leary. When something sounds too good to be true it usually is. We are both intelligent people...but these vultures do not let up. We should have just walked out of there, but then an even higher figure in management approached us and told us he would add 6 additional platinum weeks to the package. We opted for the least amount of points (77, 000) which we were told would give us one week's vacation for the next 20 years. Of course, there was a monthly maintenance fee we had to pay in the amount of $44.00 (USD) for 20 years. The cost of the 77, 000.00 was 13, 500.00 (USD). We put a deposit of $1, 350.00 via credit card and planned on financing the remainder amount when we got back to the US and signed the contract. They were true to their word and gave us the $80.00 taxi money back as well as the $50.00 in cash we paid on day one at the airport. When we returned to our hotel room, I began looking through the information they gave to me on a CD. I could not locate these extra "platinum weeks" anywhere in the contract. It only mentioned the 77, 0000 points/year. When I began to look through the vacation club website, I soon discovered that it would take much more than 77, 000 points to stay at most of the resorts, including any Wyndham hotels or other El Cid locations (Hever, England, Spain). That was when I knew we made a big mistake. Through research, I found that we do have a 5 day period in which to cancel the contract according to Mexican law. However, the company would not answer my multiple emails. That was when I contacted G&G. This was legitimate since they ask for no money until all of your deposits/charges are refunded. Do not fall for these tactics. Just Walk Away!! It cost us $1200.00 to have the contract revoked.

Mazatlan Vacation Rentals Sep 29, 2011

Looking for a great deal in Mazatlan?

Check it out at:

Sincerely, Mazatlan Vacation Rentals.
                    "Renting with the locals, vacationing as one".

• Re
                    Reviewer87825 Nov 18, 2015

The intense sales pitch got us! purchased a owners package put a huge deposit. I can no longer afford the huge per month payment. can I just stop paying? what about my credit? any advise would be appreciated.

El Cid Vacation Club — El cid vacation club, mazatlan

El Cid is a pure rip off scam! They are a one way service. You pay and they take. The help desk will not...

El Cid Vacations Club, Mazatlan — DECEPTION

we totally agreed. my husband will design a website totally focusing on el cid vacation club and how they rip...

El Cid Vacatios Club,Timeshares — High pressure sale tactic's

My wife and two of her sisters traveled to Mazatlan for a weeks vacation on 01/27/2009. On arrival she wa...