Subway, Salem, MA / bread

Salem, MA, United States Review updated:
Everytime I go to Subway there is a problem with the bread(rolls).I go there later in the day around suppertime, and the bread is usually not fresh(but why would it be, because they are not in an enclosed area, plus they "unthaw" them the night before!)-silly me but I thought on the commercials they say the bread is freshly baked daily(or was that somebody elses commercial?). They are usually out of white Italian and I don't like brown bread! If you just want bolony and cheese w/veggies, they won't let you because they say the bolony has to be put on with the other two meats in that package.
Fa

Comments

De
  29th of Nov, 2008
i live in brisbane and notice that most 6inch subs are lucky to hit the 5inch mark and the foot long can be about 10 inches or a little more so rang subway head office in brisbane queensland australia to ask why and they said that a six inch sub doesnt have to be 6inches long and same with the foot long that they are not promises of measurements but only trading words...hows that for an advertising ripoff and cover up...pity i love them so much
La
  6th of Jan, 2009
Its the beginning of the year, and poor service already. I went to Subway in Tunapuna-Trinidad, and there was no lettuce to go in the sandwiches. 11:40am, lunchtime and they are ill prepared. I made a complaint to the manager which was useless...why did I waste my time. I'm on the road everyday because of my job, so I eat Subway almost everyday, this is not my first occasion of dissatisfaction. They proceeded to take the full price for the meal, without an offer of replacing the absent item with another or a discount after I suggested. I dont think this is fair to make someone pay for a full item and receive less than what is advertised. Is there anything customers can do about this or do we just have to take it or leave it...after standing in a very long line.
Le
  30th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
The bread comes frozen. It has to thaw out overnight so they can proof/bake it in the morning. Bread is made every morning, so of course if you go in the evening, it's not going to be as fresh as it would have been in the morning. Still, it was made in the morning... still should be fresh. Also, Subway doesn't sell just bologna sandwiches, and cannot simply take out the bologna from the Cold Cut trio to give you what you want. What are they supposed to do with the other two meats? Customer suck.
Mo
  20th of Mar, 2010
The cold cut trio comes PREPACKAGED! It's all already mixed together and there is NO WAY a subway employee can tell what is bologna and what is the salami and ham. GET OVER YOURSELF! There are rules set in place and there are reasons why people can't do things, even if you can't understand them or are too stupid to get it through your thick skull.

Subway Logo Subway