Steak n Shake - Florida / poor service and food

I was at steak n shake twice this week, the first time the waitress forgot several things,we had to remind her. The first time I went with my brother and nephew who were from out of town and I had bragged about steak n shake how good the food was.

This time it was disappointing we ordered the taco salad it was mostly lettuce and they had no salsa or sour cream, they did however have taco sauce, there was little meat or beans. The next time we went to have milk shakes and my brother a burger and tea. My milkshake was not cold and my brother's tea was sour he drank it and didn't say anything then we got one to go and he said it tasted funny and it was sour,they took off the tea. I didn't say anything about the shake. I did mention to the manager about the taco salad and he said it was in the corporates hands but they didn't do any thing to make up for it. I go to steak n shake 2 times a week and get tea for work or soda and sometimes milkshakes for the girls at work,but if this keeps up I may reconsider. There burgers are great but they could improve on service and taco salad, and tea and make sure the milkshakes are cold not warm. This steak n shake it in port charlotte fl on eljobean rd by the town center mall.

• Kjs4221's Response, Oct 04, 2017

Angela the server very racist at jax FL San Jose location

• Derrick68's Response, Mar 22, 2018

Gabriella and Becky Morris are 2 very rude employees they do not know how to interact with customers when the food is cold and they love to be on there phones they look for dudes at the job sleep with everybody and they are nasty they never wash there hands they don’t work like females should I dislike the restraunt 👍

• Derrick68's Response, Mar 22, 2018

The steak on pine island road needs to step there game up and watch employees on how they interact with people and will not eat there after those females didn’t wash or treat customers right .

• Desray12's Response, May 08, 2018

When I go to steak and shake I always asking add beef chili for .99 and when I go home I don't have add beef chili and o e more place too. I don't remember where. Now I will never come back and tell my friend not coming to this place anymore

• Desray12's Response, May 16, 2018

When I go to steak and shake asking for add beef chili they didn't add extra beef chili and is not very very good job

• Mike Smolik's Response, May 24, 2018

Lately this site has not been cooking burgers like S&S used to. No longer crispy on edges. Just greasy and undercooked.

• Eabutler's Response, Jun 09, 2018

Could barely understand the order taker (found out at window that headset was broken). He seemed irritated that he had to repeat things. Fries were cold and stale, only a had slice of tomato on burger, chicken was cold. Did not receive a receipt for our payment, just a list of what was on the order with no prices.

• Jimmy Bryant's Response, Sep 24, 2018

Want something done has happened before

• Jan Staricha's Response, Oct 20, 2018

I read that steak and shake would not serve a police officer on his way to work -
    I pray this is not true

Please respond to this inquiry
    Jan Staricha

Va

Comments

13th of May, 2008

I totally believe that story. Steak n Shake likes to hire stupid degenerates, and the few times they actually get any good servers, they fire them for being smarter than the stupid idiot managers. Especially in Casselberry Florida.

• Da
      7th of Feb, 2009

Im sorry but I worked at Steak N Shake as a server and my husband still does. I have never in my life had anyone get a warm shake. This is not possible. I do understand that service can be crappy at times since they hire new people a lot and they are mostly high school students (I do not agree with) but I know from first hand experience that being a waitress is a very stressful job. Costumers come in and like to be waited on hand and foot while the server has other costumers to handle, tables to clean, sides and drinks to make, etc. Not to meantion that even if you are a good server you have to pick up the slack from the newbies. Some steak n shakes even make their servers make the shakes while trying to do their other tasks. And when they start running out of dishes and there is no dish boy because steak n shake likes to keep its employees pay down the server has to go wash dishes. All this work and the server is getting paid $4 an hour! Yes under min wage because the server is expected to make up for it with tips which most people dont even leave any. Did I meantion that Steak n Shake cut down the percentage the employees get discounted by 10% over a year ago because they were getting new uniforms. I dont know if you noticed but Steak n Shakes uniforms havent changed! Steak n Shake is by far the worse company when it comes down to taking care of its employees. Now after reading only parts of the crap the servers have to deal with while working there, you tell me if you can complain about the tea tasting bad? One more thing, if you do experience any drinks or food tasting bad just ask them to get you a new one or something else. They will not have a problem with it and you wont have to pay for something, eat, or drink something you dont like. And please tip your waitress or waiter, even if its a dollar, no matter how bad they did because like I said earlier, they dont even get payed minimum wage, they work their butts off, and they do try hard. Thank you very much.

• Br
      22nd of Mar, 2009

The reason your tea was sour was because in 06 steak n shake cleaned there tea machines with bleach and the dumb third shift server that cleaned it didnt rinse it out all the way with hot water so i would probably guess that he got a little sick the next day. They use hot water only now so the tea is now safe

25th of Mar, 2009

You store is an isolated event. I agree with the other posters, There is other things going on at that store and do not reflect all steak and shakes!!!

Attention all servers, Within the next few weeks YOU WILL BE TAKING A PAY CUT PER HOUR. They want to keep it quiet till after lil 500 so that you guys dont leave. Cooks are also taking cuts if you make over a certain amount.

We took the discount cut for the new uniforms that we never received! However they kept the 10% how is that fair? I'm a service trainer making over $7 hr and have been there going on 6 yrs now, And have given this company every bit of myself. Today I'm told my pay is going to be cut by almost $4 This is just wrong!!!

2nd of Apr, 2009

And God Forbid if U are over a Certain Age...they will find/trump up/invent/create/outright manufacture a lie to have a reason to get rid of U! Casselberry store is an example...best employees were gotten rid of because of insurance costs, nearing retirement and SNS doesn't want to keep the promises made to those poor folks. The most heartbreaking was an elderly dishwasher who worked very, very hard, spent years there, only to be demeaned and lied about by this nasty new female GM they have. She abused him terribly, cut his hours, making a older female 3rd shift server clean all the dishes when she'd come in at night, then after she worked her tail off, doing literally EVERYTHING in that place, including that fat, lazy ###'s job, she and her little nasty butt-buddy young assistant manager, also a major Liar, told her she was fired, which just made her laugh. Why? Because at the same moment, she told them she was leaving! They hate maturity at SNS, only hire from that protected Class when it they are questioned by The Powers That Be over their discriminatory practices. They will then hire a few TOKEN old people.

• Un
      30th of Mar, 2010

At the Steak 'n Shake that I work at, a lot of the people's jobs are completely undermined, so in an effort to make more money, they hire less people and make those few people do more work. In my time so far at Steak 'n Shake, I've seen servers do dishes and make milkshakes, the back of the restaurant be almost completely empty (besides myself), and I'm expected to do pretty much everyone else's job. I'm convinced that if the day was going slow enough, they'd have me on the floor serving customers that walk in. So, next time your waitress forgets a few things, it's probably not her fault. She probably had to run a few racks of dishes and her short-term memory failed on her.

• Al
      10th of Aug, 2011
    Steak And Shake - always bad service---ALWAYS
    steak and shake
    e colonial drive
    Orlando
    Florida

you cant go to steak and shake and receive decent service at the drive thru--EVER...ive been to SNS many times and it is always HELL---the employees are rude mean nasty, just rude or stupid or get your order wrong...they always suck...its as if SNS corporate teaches these low lifes to have bad manners and treat people badly--and that's it. This generation of idiots already is bad and then they have these ###s working in fast food treating people like [censored]...I went there and some rude black guy shoved my food and drinks at me and gave me a bad attitude and shut the door on us-- so rude...SNS sucks as always and they promote these degenerates and people with bad CSR skills to management positions...it seems you have to suck as an employee to be promoted to management and it happened at another SNS with a really sick and rude [censored] and she got promoted rather than fired...so SNS is the place where they promote nutcases to management positions and the idiots working for them are mostly rude obnoxious mean or deranged...

• We
      3rd of Nov, 2011
    Steak n Shake Co. - Steak and Shake are not only thieves, but liars as well
    Steak n Shake Co.

The management has lied to me REPEATEDLY concerning my getting my final paycheck. It IS WAY WAY overdue. The corporate office has no knowledge of my being owed due 2 more days of pay. I have been told ALL manner of reasons why I have not gotten my pay yet. Bottom line- they owe me money and have not paid it out. I want my money NOW, and I was told that last week there would be a "special" check issued for me and that it would be there--Last week. It is not there. Again today I got MORE excuses. Where is the justice of this?? Steak and Shake are not only thieves, but liars as well.

• Ph
      26th of Oct, 2013

Food was cold and manager helped us and forgot about us. Also the place was dirty as hell!! Location needs serious help ASAP!!!

8th of Jan, 2015

I was a Training Store General Manager for one of the stores in Florida which was in the Top 20% of the Company in Sales! Though my first several years there were really good the company culture continued to decline into the absolute worst company culture I have ever encountered! The cost of the food is ridiculously low and the frequency of the coupon drops make the business unmanageable. The coupons coupled with" kids eat free" make for a weekend you just have to try to live through. I can not describe to you how difficult this business model is to manage! Add to that the fact that they are open 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week 365 days a year(that's correct no holidays at all) it is horrible! It is also very difficult to clean because of the intense volume and never closing. THE POINT I WANT TO GET TO THOUGH IS>>>>>> the discounted price point and especially the $4 menu has brought a terrible average clientele! They pay almost nothing and want the world! They believe that though their family of four just ate for less that $20 that these is an executive Chef in the back rather than the high school kid making minimum wage! The salad you bought was $3.99...Did you notice that? There are good Taco Salads somewhere in your town but they are more than $3.99 and they wont be at the cheapest burger joint in town! The company had no intention of adding sour cream to our product mix for such a minimal menu addition.. While it is unlikely I will ever work for a company as sorry as Steak n' Shake it is just as unlikely I'll ever encounter a clientele as bad. In that way I suppose it is a perfect match! Enjoy!

• Ce
      13th of Aug, 2018
    Steak 'n Shake Enterprises - Length of time in drive through
    Saint Clairsville
    Ohio

It was 1 am in the morning and sat in the drive through for 45 min and the food wasn't not made properly. This was on August 2, 2018 at the St. Clairsville steak and shake.

13th of Aug, 2018
    Steak 'n Shake Enterprises - Wrong order
    Miami
    Florida

I payed 10.58 the exact amount i pay almost every night at your hallandale location, enough money for two triple chesseburgers. Never has my order been wrong and I always order to go, I got back to my home ad both of my burgers were doubles, not triples. I would like a refund of 10.58 enough for the triples I should have received.

14th of Aug, 2018
    Steak and Shake - Spicy chicken sandwich
    Normal
    Illinois

I ordered a spicy chicken sandwich and got a grilled sandwich with just ketchup on it. They are supposed to be crispy with all the toppings.

• Ti
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Steak 'n Shake Enterprises - Employees
    Zanesville
    Ohio
    Steaknshake.com

Employees of the zanesville Steak ‘n Shake always promoting drug use on premises/ posting on social media

• To
    Steak 'n Shake Enterprises - Eberything
    Sullivan
    Missouri
    Steaknshake.com

Me and my family go to steak n shake every Thursday we all order the same thing almost it always comes put hot and freah every time the manager Seth is very professional and polite any issue we seem to have he resolves we leave happy every time he's doing a great job with the store thought this might help out.

• Ca
    Steak 'n Shake Enterprises - Taco Salad
    Kendall

Order Number 557594
    Extremely disappointed in this product! I have eat this salad in the restaurant may times and loved it. I drove through the drive thru and got a not even half filled salad bowl, the cheese was missing and the tomatoes were old. Who ever does their quality control needs to do some retraining.

• Ea
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Steak 'n Shake Enterprises - My food was at least 2 hours old.

My fries was old and cold. My number 17 was very little and ask for cheese fries didnt get them.

• Un
    Steak 'n Shake Enterprises - Waitress
    Fort Mill
    South Carolina

The waitress here at rock hill a was very rude because she was disappointed that we only ordered fries. She made us feel very uncomfortable and unsatisfied.

• Sh
    Steak 'n Shake Enterprises - Joliet, IL Drive Thru
    Joliet
    Illinois

There were only 2 cars in front of me & I ordered 3 reg fries. I waited for literally 40 minutes and by the time I got my fries they were cold and inedible. I will never return to Steak & Shake. I threw out the fries and lost my $9.00.

• Di
    Steak 'n Shake Enterprises - i didnt receive birthday coupon

I called several numbers and no one would help me. I didnt have a birthday coupon today. miniwritdianec@gmail.com