Steak and Shakemanager rude

My family went into this resurant for lunch. With small children that were hungry. The hostess didn’t have a table open for 6. (there were 3 tables close together empty). We asked if we could get those tables pushed together for us to be abel to get some lunch! “ I will have to ask” What????? Finally we decided to go ahead and get the tables pushed together so we could sit down. the manager then showed up as we were sitting down and started chewing us out for pushing the tables together. I looked at her and said “ we just want to get some lunch” she kept on griping that we pushed that tables together I then said “ just go on - we just want something to eat” Manger named “Becky” said "excuse me” and started again. We said forget it and got up and left went down the road to Dennys! Guess What we walked in said 6 and they automatically pushed tables together! I am VERY disappointed in Steak and shake to have managers that treat their customers in the fashion we were treated yesterday!!! Hope you take care of this problem as we really like to eat at steak and shake but have doubts about t now!

Vi
Jan 11, 2015

Comments

• Re
      Jan 11, 2015

Is there a reason that one parent couldn't sit at one table with some of the kids and the other parent sit at the other table with the rest of the kids. If the two tables were nearby it wouldn't have been a big deal for you to use the two tables apart from each other.

• Ru
      Jan 11, 2015

For all you know those tables could have been reserved, what makes you think that you can just push the tables together without permission. You cannot just behave this way. Grow up.

• Vi
      Jan 11, 2015

To all the losers who replied get a life, you should also know that this incident caused me to have CPS visit my house. My children wanted to eat at their favorite restaurant. I told them we were not eating at Steak and Shake, one of them started crying so I slapped her across the face, unfortunately some loser busy body saw me, took down my license plate number and reported me, CPS visited my house and threatened to take my children from me saying this was not acceptable discipline, then when I told them it was not my fault I would never hit them, I only hit them because that lady at Steak and Shake made me angry they took them away out of fear that I would hurt them just because I am angry at someone else.

• Vi
      Jan 11, 2015

I don't care if those tables were reserved and I don't know how you know about the reservation ruth and kevin, however it is first come first serve. Shut up all you losers.

• Re
      Jan 12, 2015

Vicky, you should get back on your meds and quit making up stories.

• Ru
      Jan 12, 2015

We at least hope it is made up, this one guy threw a fit and took his anger out on his children because the restaurant did not change the rules for him. They had kids eat free night on Mondays, he works on Mondays and kept asking if they could make it Tuesday, the manager refused, he and his wife left, his kid made him angry and he hit the child because of his anger at the restaurant.