Steak and Shake / cold food and handling of my complaint

1 Brooklyn, OH, United States Review updated:

I had ordered dinner for my elderly mother and myself and drove about 10 minutes to pick up our order only to get home and find that the french fries must have been sitting out for some time because they were completely cold. I was so upset because we both were so hungry and I still have yet to figure out how to heat up french fries in the micro wave without ruining them, so I called the store manager and told him I expected someone to drive two orders of hot french fries out to me since I had already made the drive once and I was not going to drive back to the restaurant only to come home to now a good hamburger. He assured me that that was not going to happen and that if I would drive back to the store that he would replace my cold french fries with hot ones. I told him I would compremice and that I would throw out the cold french fries, but wanted him to take my name and to give me credit for two orders of french fries for a future order. He refused to do that. <br />
I then went to their website and posted a complaint, only to be called a few WEEKS later to at least acknowledge my complaint at which time I again told them I wanted coupons or some type of credit for two orders of french fries for future orders, at which time I was told someone would get back to me. <br />
Two months later, I again went to their website outlining all of this to them again, and six months later, I have not heard anything from them.<br />
I don't know how many times I've had the urge to get their hamburger in the mean time, but have resisted and will NEVER eat at this chain again because of their arrogance and self centered attitute. If they don't care if I eat at their restaurant, I sure don't care and let me tell you, I've told this story to everyone I know, as well as perfect strangers whenever the topic of eating out has come up.

Comments

• Ha
      1st of May, 2009

wow you wasted the time to complain about cold fries...