Staples / rewards

I gave in around 6 empty ink cartridge so I can get money to buy some things in staples. I was told by a employee that the only way to get money back is to buy a ink cartridge. I waited until I used up my ink at home and then went o go buy a new ink. I was told by another employee that he doesn't see anything and to call 1800 customer service. I called the number he provided and the lady who I spoke to told me it has to be over 30.00 for the ink order for me to get 2.00 back each empty ink I gave in. She told me all the empty cartridge is expired. I was so upset I spoke to multiple employee everytime I gave in my empty cartridge and was never told that it will expire and I would have to buy a ink that's over 30.00 for me to get any money back. I'm a long time customer and the policy was not explained to me correctly. This is totally unacceptable I got a coupon from staples so that's why I got a ink for 24.00 not knowing the fact there was a price limit to get money back. I do not want to go buy another cartridge for no reason This is very upsetting please address this issue.

Sa
Mar 5, 2018

Comments

11th of Jan, 2019

I had the same experience at a different Staples store. I have turned in countless amounts of ink cartridges and have made the qualifying purchase of over $30.00 but the credit is never there for me to use. I have finally figured out that Staples is banking on the customer forgetting they submitted the ink cartridge and not coming in on time to get credit. Who in their right mind thinks that every minute of our lives, we are thinking about the Staples program so they get their credit before it expires? I’ve read Office Depot is the same and they get away with it! It is all a scam! Here’s a genius idea office supply stores...I’ll take .50 for each cartridge at time of purchase. Yes, you read it right!