Menu
OpenAI Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

OpenAI
reviews & complaints

www.openai.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.0 5 Reviews

OpenAI Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
5 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with OpenAI at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for OpenAI has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of OpenAI. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

OpenAI reviews & complaints 5

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest OpenAI reviews & complaints

K
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

OpenAI This company wants you to confirm your phone number for signing up

This company wants you to confirm your phone number for signing up. I ain't gonna hand over my digits. I don't trust no company that asks for so much info. I've asked many times, in different ways, to delete my account entirely, but they won't respond at all. Having an account that ain't being used on a company's servers is risky, 'cause it could get hacked.

F
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

OpenAI I tried to sign up for this company's service

I tried to sign up for this company's service. They have a normal signup process where you can enter your email or sign in with ***. But then they ask for a phone number, which most companies don't do. They didn't mention that a phone number would be needed. There's really no need for a phone number, except maybe to sell or share it. It's just unnecessary. The company is doing shady things to collect user data and make money from it.

K
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

OpenAI I asked ChatGPT to delete my user data cuz I saw it was collecting stuff from my different accounts

I asked ChatGPT to delete my user data cuz I saw it was collecting stuff from my different accounts. This was like late last year. They said they deleted it, but turns out they didn't. When I tried to get access to ChatGPT and their API for dev stuff, they told me I already had an account with my phone number. So I tried logging in with my old info. But guess what? They hit me with another message saying, "Oops! Your account is deactivated. Contact us at help.openai.com if you need help." So I did. I contacted help.openai.com/en a bunch of times this past week. Every time, the chat prompts said, "Not seen yet" and "check back tomorrow." I sent 2 appeals and got no response from either. I want my account data GONE from their servers. I should be able to make a new account if I want, without them having my phone number, email, or *** account on file. That's why I asked for my data to be erased. This company doesn't care about basic data privacy laws.

Is OpenAI legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals OpenAI as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, OpenAI stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering OpenAI should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

OpenAI earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: OpenAI achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for OpenAI. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

OpenAI has registered the domain name for openai.com for more than one year, which may indicate stability and longevity.

Openai.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows OpenAI website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Openai.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Openai.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with OpenAI, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

OpenAI website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• OpenAI protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to OpenAI. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
T
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

OpenAI Short version: OpenAI's GTP software is sellin' my stolen copyrighted material and the stolen copyrighted material of millions of others

Short version: OpenAI's GTP software is sellin' my stolen copyrighted material and the stolen copyrighted material of millions of others.

Long version: OpenAI's GTP software (an "AI" text engine) is software that generates text like a human wrote it. It was built with data from the Common Crawl dataset, a bunch of stolen copyrighted articles, internet posts, web pages, and books scraped from 60 million domains over 12 years. TechCrunch says this data includes copyrighted material from *** The New *** Reddit, the whole text of online books, and more. (https://techcrunch.com/2020/08/07/here-are-a-few-ways-gpt-3-can-go-wrong) So anyone who ever published anythin' on the internet anywhere has had parts of their content illegally collected, distributed, and sold to people usin' GTP-based writin' tools.

This page shows examples of where people found stolen material published by this program: https://justoutsourcing.blogspot.com/2022/03/gpts-plagiarism-links.html The *** recently ruled that non-human expression can't be copyrighted. So for those who wanna just copy and paste the text with this GPT thing, this new rulin' means everythin' they generate with GPT becomes public domain material. So this company is basically takin' copyrighted material and puttin' it into the public domain.

This includes images too. OpenAI has another program called "Dall-e," which messes with images stolen from the internet and (accordin' to the copyright law above), puts 'em into the public domain as well.

This can't be allowed to keep goin'.

M

OpenAI Hey there!

Hey there! I wanted to give you the lowdown on this company called OpenAI. They're doing some shady stuff when it comes to intellectual property rights, and it's a big deal. OpenAI, based in ***, is an IT company that's breaking the law left and right.

So here's the deal: OpenAI has this software called "GTP" that generates text like a human would. But here's the catch - they built it using data from the Common Crawl dataset. Now, this dataset is a mishmash of stolen copyrighted articles, internet posts, web pages, and books that they scraped from a whopping 60 million domains over 12 years. Talk about a copyright infringement party!

According to TechCrunch, this data even includes copyrighted material from big shots like The New *** and Reddit, as well as full-text online books and more. So basically, if you've ever published anything on the internet, your content might have been illegally collected, distributed, and sold to people using GTP-based writing tools. Not cool, OpenAI, not cool.

Now, you might be thinking, "Hey, isn't there some copyright protection for non-human expression?" Well, the *** recently ruled that non-human expression ain't eligible for copyright protection. So, if you're one of those folks who just copy and paste text with this GPT thing, guess what? Everything you generate with GPT becomes public domain material. OpenAI is basically snatching copyrighted material and chucking it into the public domain. Not cool, OpenAI, not cool.

But wait, there's more! OpenAI also has this program called "Dall-e" that messes around with stolen images from the internet. And thanks to that copyright law I mentioned earlier, those images also end up in the public domain. Oh, and let's not forget about their program called CoPilot, which is straight-up stripping away the property rights of programming code. Yikes!

To make matters worse, OpenAI is screwing over a bunch of folks. We're talking about people living on welfare or struggling with a limited income, low-wage earners, and even kids who can't legally agree to a contract. And if that wasn't bad enough, they're also selling the personal identifiable information (PII) of people who have been victims of security breaches. Seriously, OpenAI, what are you thinking?

Oh, and did I mention they're even messing with the rights of dead people? Yeah, it's that bad.

So, folks, be aware of OpenAI and their sketchy practices. They're trampling all over intellectual property rights and causing a whole lot of trouble. Stay away from their software and let's support companies that actually respect the law.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

OpenAI contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with OpenAI?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with OpenAI Customer Service. Initial OpenAI complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for OpenAI above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about OpenAI. Discuss the issues you have had with OpenAI and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.