Square / invoicing

Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:

Buyer beware. Customer invoices have been going to spam through Square. That means customers don't see their invoices and don't pay! This is a documented problem for years (search online to see), yet has still not been fixed. When I called to report I was put on hold for least 20 minutes to scrathchy, dated music and a loud voice encouraging me to hang up and get a call back. Finally spoke to a rep talking over many other people in the background. She told me they are aware of the invoicing problem because servers look at Square emails as being spamy and over emailed. Then I read the consumer affairs reviews with all of the scam complaints with the Square CASH APP. I am starting to wonder if people and companies are catching on that this company could be suspect. The rep told me they are aware of the invoicing problem and engineers have been "working" on it. For years?! She said I should ask my customers to go to spam folder and set the Square email to not filter to spam. That looks so unprofessional on my company and is such a hassle for customers. Invoicing is a FUNDAMENTAL part of any business and they fact that they can't get this right says alot about the stability of Square. I used Paypal for years and NEVER had this issue. Also, the login wait time for Square dashboard often takes way too long. I am glad I have not invested more in to this company.

St
Aug 25, 2018

Comments

May 21, 2019

I have been on hold for 15 minutes now - same song over and over and over and over again, with the interrupting grating voice. Nothing has improved. It seems customer service is very, very, very low on their list of things to care about.