Sprint / sprint has ruined my credit rating

United States Review updated:

After applying for a loan this week, I find that Sprint shows me with an outstanding bill of approx. $294. For 23 months, I have been charged an access fee on a phone that was cancelled as of Feb. 06. I reported the phone stolen and to cancel it when the contract was up. Unfortunately, someone at sprint decided that the phone was only missing and they did not cancel my account. Not only that, they have (apparently) been sending the statements to someone else. I have had no opportunity to make this situation right. Their excuse was that they could not get ahold of me, yet I have the copy of what should have been my last bill dated 3/01/06. After 3 hours on the phone, I finally reached the "top" person (according to her) and she was not helpful to me at all.

I can pay the money, however, that does nothing for my credit rating. My only recourse is that Sprint acknowledge that it was their error and remove the charges. That way I can contact the credit bureau and correct my information.

I need help with this situation.

Debra A. Caterina
[protected]
Va

Comments

Ja
  6th of Aug, 2008
when a phone is suspended for being lost it still must fulfill it's contractual obligations and in order to be cancelled the line must be active at the time the cancellation.
Xt
  7th of Jan, 2010
You are obligated to pay the amount due. Your argument is like saying if your car is stolen you don't still owe the bank for the car note.

Sprint Logo Sprint