Sprint / sprint has ruined my credit rating
After applying for a loan this week, I find that Sprint shows me with an outstanding bill of approx. $294. For 23 months, I have been charged an access fee on a phone that was cancelled as of Feb. 06. I reported the phone stolen and to cancel it when the contract was up. Unfortunately, someone at sprint decided that the phone was only missing and they did not cancel my account. Not only that, they have (apparently) been sending the statements to someone else. I have had no opportunity to make this situation right. Their excuse was that they could not get ahold of me, yet I have the copy of what should have been my last bill dated 3/01/06. After 3 hours on the phone, I finally reached the "top" person (according to her) and she was not helpful to me at all.
I can pay the money, however, that does nothing for my credit rating. My only recourse is that Sprint acknowledge that it was their error and remove the charges. That way I can contact the credit bureau and correct my information.
I need help with this situation.
Debra A. Caterina
More Sprint Complaints & Reviews
- Sprint PCS - unauthorized charges out of bank account! 
- Sprint - additional fee 
- Sprint / Rpm Collection Agency / Long Distance - unauthorized long-distance service 
- Sprint - charging sales tax on early termination fee 
- Sprint Mccall Communications - not their probem because of policy 
- Sprint Wireless - Wireless service
- Sprint - unauthorized debit from my bank account! 
- Sprint - I phone replacement
- Sprint - sprint employees
- Sprint - customer service