Spirit Airlines / conf#h78lff, flight nk972

1 Winslow, AZ, United States

To whom it may concern:
On February 8, 2018, my wife and I left from home (4 hrs away) to catch our flight in Phoenix Sky Harbor, which was scheduled at 1:50 am. We paid parking, checked-in, and as we started checking in luggage we were notified that our flight is going to be late. Spirit told us, our flight has changed to a later time, therefore we will miss our connecting flight in Dallas and even later. So we requested for refund which they did, but haven't receive it. Now our connection/return flight and is not giving us our refunds back due to your negligent.
The primary reason for our travel was that it was vital to make our agenda at an event which required my personal attendance and check in, no later than 1:30pm Friday February 9th, 2018. If we didn't make this time there was no reason for the trip, so we cancelled the trip.
Due to an inconvenience that was out of my control, I ask if you might grant assistant to get my refund or a coupon of equal value for later use from my connection flight (AA). Your consideration & assistance is appreciated

Th