Spirit Airlines / unsolisted promotion

A faudulent charge of $29.95 for Club Spirit Promotion that was unsolisted by myself or wife.
We are in our senior years and do need that type of incentive to travel. we only travel a few times a year for holidays.
We have been unable to talk to a live person , all our efforts to get in touch with Spirit have resulted in recordings that have been unsuccessful. We have also called sears-Mastercard and filled out (2) forms at different times and sent as requested by the company.

Comments

• Ss
      2nd of Jan, 2008

yes, I have a similar charge on my account.

• Js
      9th of Jan, 2008

I was charged for CLub Spirit with the understanding that if I wasn't happy with the service I could cancel and get my money back. Now they say "Your membership is cancelled but we don't do refunds. You'll have to write a letter to our executive offices." I won't bother because I'm familiar with companies that to this. It always ends the same "It's our companies policy, blah blah blah" I will never deal with them again.

14th of May, 2008

I too was charged $29.95 and tried calling their 800 #.
    I waited for 42 minutes before someone answered and told me the only way to cancel was through the internet!!!

I never asked for this promotion!!!

No longer will I be flying Spirit.

• Da
      5th of Jul, 2008

I tried the $9.00 for 90 days and during that time was unable to get any deals for $9.00. I tried to cancel my 90 promotion, but, could not find a way to do it. I will go to my credit card company and have them refund my $39.95. Do yourself a favor and forget about this deals in the sky. They do not work and if they do, it is to a place that you would never think of going.

• Mr
      9th of Jul, 2008

I just bought a ticket on Spirits website. In addition to the regular fare, the charged my credit card 5 times for $2 each. It says: CLUB SPIRIT PROMOTION MIRAMAR, FL, US. I am going to call my credit card company and have it taken off. I know they charge $2 for a drink on the plane, but I haven't even flown with them, and when I do I won't be buying drinks.

• Ka
      7th of Oct, 2008

This happened to me too. It's so unethical. You have to change your credit card number to get them to quit charging you. Aggravating!!!

9th of Oct, 2008

My husband and I have been calling Spirit as well as talking to the credit card comp[any to no avail. We were charged $39.95 for Club Spirit and don't know what it is for. Can't get it ofrf the card.

• Fl
      23rd of Oct, 2008

when I was tempted by the "9$" fares, I agreed to pay the $9. At that time I did see the annual charge mentioned, but ignored and forgot it. Now I expect I will not get it refunded, though I will try, but not till I make sure it is without value. So far, I havent seen any real cheap fares, but I sent an email to them (I think) asking for instructions how to find these deals.

I always noticed that internet scams seem to step up when the economy steps down. You have to carefully scan your bank and card statements and spend some time each month fighting these scams.

4th of Feb, 2009

i was just charged $2 from Club Spirit after booking a flight. I have no idea what this charge is for as I opted out of all their promotions. Does anyone know what this is?

24th of Mar, 2011

We got to Ft. Lauderdale 45 minutes before boarding and they didn't let us board. We had to fly standby. My friend was injured because the seats were so tiny. She is skinny already.

24th of Mar, 2011

We couldn't even get water without using a credit card.