Spirit Airlines / can't catch them by phone!

I traveled from NY (LGA) to Detroit on July 17, 2007 and upon arriving in Detroit noticed my luggage had been opened and the tag had been removed. When I went through the luggage, I looked for the card stating that security had inspected it but there was no card. I also noticed that the zipper compartments had not been closed and the jacket on the top of the clothes in luggage had not been disturbed but I was missing a shoe. I have tried to reach Spirit Airlines several times today and also last week and have gotten the same recorded message that "due to a high volume of calls," there is no one available and to try back later. Does anyone have a phone number that works. I have been calling [protected]. I have always traveled with Spirit but am a little concerned with the fact that you cannot get through to a person.

Comments

• Th
      8th of Sep, 2007

They have no customer service phone staff on weekends, only M-F, 9-5. But this is a secret, don't tell anybody, because they certainly do not want anybody to know this. Report them at:

• To
      14th of Feb, 2008

I accidently deleted my confirmation e-mail. The are completely unavailable by phone. The resevation agent will not help you at all. I booked the flight a while ago and can't remember what time I am flying. So I have tried twice, once on hold for 30mins when I had to hang up. Now I am on for 35 and still no answer.

When you log into their website there is no link between your login and your flight, so without the record locator you are SOL. I wonder if this at all realtes to charging you more for you luggage when you get there.

Absolutley the worst customer service, and BTW, is it even legal to be cashless on a flight? I thought it says on the front of our money, "Good for all debt public and private" .

37mins now. Never again. Never, Never, Never

17th of Sep, 2008

I suscribed to the spirit club, I never can't get any reservation accomplish, wiht the specials fares offered to me, they don't have customer service at all, all the answer is no we can't help you very polite very nice done. why to join a club that won't help you. I try to cancel my club guess what they took the payment from my credit card I try to use but it is impossible, what a disgrace.

• Ro
      4th of Aug, 2009

Perhaps a massive United States law by our governors to make it required that every airlines have a phone contact ( living )in the united states with good under standing English / American language at least five in every state to talk and assist customers.