Spiegel/Newport News / dispute of charges!
I had the same experiences as everyone else, having to make numerous phone calls, being told that my account would be credited in two cycles, someone would contact me within 72 hours, endless waiting on phone and scripted information, given useless websites and numbers to file a claim.
Finally, In September I decided to contact my bank Chase to file a dispute and within a few hours they credited my bank account for both charges. I thought that was the end until in November I received a bill for the $300+ from Spiegel and NN stating that my account was 30 days past due!! I called the number indicated on the bill and it was non working so I called C.S for a new number, "Joy" stated that I'm being billed for Spiegel because they "did" credit my account on May 23, 2011 (even though I didn't purchase from them until June 7, 2011)?? she couldn't find the NN bill because their system hasn't updated the info yet!
I called my bank to see if this was true and they couldnt find a credit from either one. I called Spiegel AGAIN! and "Ciera" said Im being billed because Chase is billing them for not paying me! and that Spiegel/NN has been taken over by a new company and that the old company is protected due to bankruptcy from paying their debts including me.
I called Chase back and the banker couldnt believe how they were treating me, he asked if they have my social and I said I dont think they should. He said I should forward them my emaIl of my dispute that Chase sent me. I dont know what else to do!?! This is unfair and I do not feel I should have to pay this when they owed me!!
More Spiegel/Newport News Complaints & Reviews
- Newport News - deceptive marketing practices 
- Spiegel / Newport News - hidden charges! 
- Newport News - billed multiple times for ordered clothing 
- Newport News - hidden charge of "free shipping"! 
- Spiegel / Newport News - spiegel is a dishonest company. shame on you! 
- Spiegel / Newport News - I don't know what to do
- Newport News - you can't get your money back even when it's their mistake 
- Newport News - bad experience from start to finish
- Newport News - credit card charges not approved
- Newport News - returns