Having problems with Herberger's?

2801 East Market Street
Sat6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun6:00 AM - 12:00 AM

Complaints & Reviews

indigo rd. shoes

I purchased shoes at your rapid city location on April 21. Since I've had the shoes I've only worn them roughly 5 times. The last time I wore the shoes the bottom of the heel on each shoe feel off leaving the inside of the heel exposed. I paid a good amount of money for the shoes and I would not expect them to fall apart after very little use. I love the style and comfort of the shoes and would really appreciate products to repair the shoes or a replacement.
Thank you.

[Resolved] Return

It was very difficult to return the shoes which were too small. Ordered a pair of shoes from this company Herberger's and when I received them and tried on I felt that they were too tiny. I immediately contacted Herberger's customer service and asked for a replacement but they claimed that these were the last in stock. Then I asked for a refund and they said that since these shoes were on final sale they were not able to accept them back. What sale? I paid the full price and heard nothing about sales!

RESOLVED

• He
    Herberger's Oct 11, 2016

We're sorry to hear that you are having difficulty returning the shoes. You can send them back with the label provided on your invoice. If you no longer have this you can log into the Web site and click on Assistance then returns to print a smart label. Once the shoes are received we will credit your account. You can also contact us directly at our Customer Service Center 1-800-945-4438 7AM to Midnight Eastern time.
    Thank you.
    Missy

difficulty getting refund for an item I never received

I ordered 2 door buster electric blankets the day after Thanksgiving online in 2012. I few days later, $85 was withdrawn from my banking account and I received an email that the item would ship soon. I called a few times to check the status and was assured that everything was in order and my package was on the way. By Dec. 21st, I officially cancelled the order and requested that my account be credited immediately. (As I needed the holiday cash). Today it is Jan. 5th and I have been without my $85 dollars for over a month for an order I never received. I have called and emailed several times to request that the money be deposited back into my account. I asked to talk to supervisors, managers, etc., to no avail. One email was never returned. I finally gave my CELL phone number and requested that a manager contact me. Eventually, a manager called my HOME phone and said everything was in order and I should get my refund in 3 to 5 days (this after SEVERAL attempts to get the money redeposited in my account). I have never had such bad costumer service in my life and will never shop Herberger's /Bon-Ton again. Costumers: AVOID HERBERGER'S ONLINE at all costs.

• Kh
    KHenry Jan 05, 2013

delivery

We ordered two items on the 5th of Nov, 2010 and it is now the 30th 0f Nov 2010 and we have not received them. account# [protected]
There was a change of address for the billing but the shipping address was the same.
We changed the billing address from Box 1452 Dickinson, ND 58602 To Gloria Lindsay, 1353 1st Ave East, Dickinson, ND, 58602
We would like to have these items resent to the address above, They have already been billed to us so there should not be an additional charge.
Thank you very much. Gloria Lindsay

• Yo
    yournamehere May 08, 2011

Dont put your card number up for everyone to see. There is a thing called identity theft and you just put all your info with your card number for everyone to see.

Unprofessional Manager

It is very unfortunate that a wonderful store like Herberger's is run by such an unprofessional...

Shop somewhere other that Herbergers

I am writing because of the response and treatment I received from Herbergers Credit Department. I am trying to help pay for, or completely pay for my mother-in-law’s credit card with Herbergers. I was given power of attorney to discuss her account. I even mailed and faxed Herbergers the power of attorney. They refused to help, to talk about the account, or give advice other than a scant $128.00 off if I paid in full, a bill that was close to $1,600.00.

My mother-in-law is close to declaring bankruptcy, and can no longer make the payments. Rather than have her go into bankruptcy, I volunteered to pay her bill. Herbergers treated me as if I had a disease. I offered to pay the bill in part, or in full using my credit card. They refused payment from my credit card.

I then asked for a reduction in the total bill if I paid the bill by check. They only wanted the full amount with no discount, and told me if the bill was late…they would tack on late charges for each day it was late. I went ahead and paid part of the bill anyway , but will not shop at Herbergers anymore. Everyone I know will also hear this complaint...as they say...the power of six.

I want people to know the treatment I received from Herbergers. I have never been a Wall-Mart fan….but please...shop somewhere other that Herbergers.

• Yo
    yournamehere May 08, 2011

Herbergers itself has nothing to do with the credit services. Its HSBC that the herbergers store card goes through.

• Li
    Linette Romero Coleman Oct 17, 2011

I was at midway herbergers oct 16, 2011 about 3pm-3:30 an i was up stairs in the mens dept an my husband wanted to try these 3 pair of jeans on there was a lady who was walking by i said excuse me had to say it 3 times when she turned around she said "WHAT DO YOU WANT I SAID DO YOU WORK HERE she stated yes not in this dept i ask can you find someone or page someone so my husband can try on these clothes an I ask if she like her job because that's not how you answer to c customer she worked in make up when i asked her name she walked off fast i go to midway all the time i will look for her an get her name an report her to the manager because that's not how you treat people i had my herberger's credit card for 5yrs now i'm thinking about cancelling it. my email address is [email protected]

• Li
    Linette Romero Coleman Oct 17, 2011

I couldn't beleive how the worker answed me even if you have a bad day you still put on a smile people should be happy to have a job these days.

• Mr
    Mrs Mary Williams Nov 03, 2015

I obtained a Herberger's charge card three months ago in Missoula Montana. I made a purchase and received the bill
    so quickly I hadn't even received the card in the mail. Paid the bill. Made another charge, once again received the
    card and the bill. Paid. Month three, purchased $87.97. received the bill, due on 9/28/15. Had the flu, didn't drive into
    Missoula (50minute drive each way) until the 28th. paid the bill five days late. Received a $29.00 overdue bill. I have
    cancelled the card. Will NEVER enter the store again after I return the last purchase I made and pay the late fee with
    it. Cancel all the discount coupons and flyers Herberger's has flooded me with. Mrs Herberger's son Michael lives
    in our winter condo area. Boy will I have a few negatives for Mike Donovan and any of my friends who shop in
    the Missoula male. Mrs Mary Williams, Florence Montana 30% Plus for five days NOT OK

• Ho
    Hope Urrutia Mar 21, 2017

Shopping online with Herbergers. Really, does it take 2-3 weeks to get and order. Wow-I guess that is what you are given when you order online and free shipping. If you need your items in a hurry, do not order from Herbergers.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices