[Resolved] Southeast Toyota Finance / repossessed car however had medical issues going.

1 PO Box 991817, Mobile, AL, United States Review updated:

My car was repossessed and I called southeast toyota to see what could be done but all they wanted was a payoff my mother offered to vome up with the past due since this was the first time it had ever been picked up. I had been out of work in 2018 off and on due to medical reasons however when i spoke to a agent they asked why i was behind and i told them. However that did not change anything. I'm expecting and have a 7 year old who i have to get back and forth and i need my car. A supervisor or atleast thats who she said she was said that i had no other options and I didnt understand that. I'm a consumer who is concerned and needs their transportation to get back and forth. However I have been told i have until Tuesday to come up with the full payoff before my car goes to an auction. Please can somebody assist me other than the rude reps that i have been talking to who are heartless.

• Resolution statement

• Southeast Toyota Finance Customer Care's Response, Jan 14, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We take pride in our customer service and strive to ensure our customers' needs are met with courtesy and professionalism. To protect the privacy of all customers, we ask that you please contact us directly at 1-800-686-3494 extension 1101387 so that we may further discuss your concerns.

Ke
Jan 11, 2019

Comments

• Un
      19th of Jan, 2019

My boyfriend's car was repossessed the other day as well. He works for DHS and everyone in the country knows that there is a government shutdown right now. The lady we spoke to was rude and implied that he did not work for the government and that he was not working at all. He told her he was able to pay what was owed in order to get his account current but all they wanted was the total payoff amount that they some how could not come up with. This company is a disgrace! I am not saying it wasn't his fault that he was pass due on his account but how are they expecting anyone to pay the full amount off! Like I said he works for DHS and because of the government shut down we are not getting paid. He is an expected employee which means he has to work in order to keep this country safe and operational. These greedy and unprofessional people don't care about that. He told them that he has an employee letter from DHS/ promising that he will receive his back pay when the shut down is over. They don't care. How is he supposed to do the crucial work he is suppose to do for our country if finance companies like these won't try to help. He explained to the lady over the phone he needed his car to work because he is expected to work during the shut down. It was like she thought this was a joke, she was heartless and tried to make it seem as if he was lying. He doesn't want to put this company on blast but I feel like calling into all the news stations and informing them about this finance company and how they are treating the crucial people who are working during the shut down. This may even put a spot light on their over all horrible customer service I have been reading about and witnessed!
    Govt employee shutdown