Having problems with Lemon Squad?

Lemon Squad reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 10, 2011. The latest review RV pre buy inspection was posted on May 10, 2021. The latest complaint Poor inspection of vehicle was resolved on Mar 22, 2021. Lemon Squad has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 27 reviews. Lemon Squad has resolved 9 complaints.

Lemon Squad Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Lemon Squad Customer Service. Initial Lemon Squad complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Lemon Squad above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Lemon Squad. Discuss the issues you have had with Lemon Squad and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Lemon Squad Complaints & Reviews

Lemon Squad Auto InspectionsRV pre buy inspection

bought an RV unseen over eBay - before wiring the purchase price and getting a Bill of sale - I requested an inspection with Lemon Squad to make sure that the unit was in a good condition. The Lemon Squad Inspector out of Nebraska didn't expose any of the significant problems
The Slide out didn't work ... he check it as working. an awning was missing ...
All in all he worked more the the seller than with the one who is paying him (me)
This was a fraudulent behavior and I suffered a loss of several 1000 US$. On contact with Lemon Squad wired me the inspection fee back and inactivated my account.
I added comments to the lemon squad report to show the issues.

I have a significant loss due to this - in my opinion the inspector was working for the seller not for me
I got my money back from Lemon Squad but I am sitting on the RV which has more damage than was disclosed.

RV pre buy inspection

Lemon SquadInspection for pre purchase of ab rv

Paid lemon Squad for a pre purchase inspection of our rv. Since the inspection we've had to get the slide repaired non working house batteries non working rear camera. When I reached out to them I've not gotten a reply. Luckily the dealer worked with us on the slide but we are on the hook for the batteries and back up camera
    Save your money and go elsewhere lemon Squad are just like their name lemons.

Rick

• Ro
        Robo1 Apr 16, 2021

For future reference, hire an NRVIA certified inspector to PROPERLY inspect the RV you are interested in. You deal directly with the inspector and have access to the inspector to ask questions. Inspections can take about 5 -10 hours - depending on the type of RV. NRVIA inspectors do much more than "look" at the RV. There is a lot of testing of the various systems and documentation of the findings during the inspection.
        It may cost a bit more, but you really do get what you pay for!
        NRVIA.org/locate

Lemon SquadPoor inspection of vehicle

Ordered a luxury car inspection for an Audi A8L. Made a pre call to see exactly what this company did and how they did it. Was told by Christin they would have an "Audi specialist" look at the vehicle and that "he would touch every button" . I was very concerned as this vehicle has so much extras on them and even brought that up to her. She said CLEARLY relax he will check everything you are in good hands. WRONG, horrible missed 5 electronic issues with car from taking a closeup pic of the dash as to not show the one warning light on, to missing a huge add in this vehicle had with night vision and never checked it. And then said in one followup email "didnt know these cars had electric adjustment seat belts".
      How does a SPECIALIST not no this easily over 3k in repair this car needs and would never had bought it would he had inspected it as their employee instructed he would.
      Complete horrible company do NOT waste ur money.

• Lemon Squad's response · Mar 23, 2021

Hi Paul,

I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with our service. Issues can arise post inspection. If something doesn't show itself during the inspection, we cannot know that it is happening. When you brought this issue to our attention we did work it out with you and refunded you the full amount of the inspection.

Again I am sorry you did not have a great experience, but we wish you well.

-Lemon Squad Team

• Pa
          Paul Coleman Mar 24, 2021

You did not work out anything. A refund was a joke. You alleged you don't have the recording of my calls with you that you make clear in every call that you have them. You straight up lied to me. Hour employee reviews on glass door are horrible no wonder your service is horrible.
          Pay for the repairs you missed and then it will be resolved and I wont have to fly up their to see you in court. It’s coming be ready

Mar 12, 2021

Lemon Squad — Inexperienced rv inspector (failure to perform)

Tuesday, March 9, 2021 - The Lemon Squad inspector was scheduled to meet the owner/seller of the RV at 11am...

Lemon SquadService

Lemonsquad.com broke my car and do not feel liable to help me fix it.
        Jim, lemonsquad.com contractor did not shut my 30 year old antique car down after running on spot idling with radiator fan on for way too long until it overheated. I want lemon squad to fix what they broke. Their manager said no way - we only collect money, we do not spend money, damage is all mine. So sorry to let them close to me - will share my experience with as many people possible.

• Lemon Squad's response · Dec 17, 2020

Hi Nikolay,

I am sorry that you didnt have a good experience with our service however you are not a customer of ours, you are the owner of the vehicle that we inspected. While on site and preforming the inspection, the vehicle over heated after sitting for several minutes which we recorded into our report and sent to the customer who ordered the inspection. We are inspecting the vehicle as it sits, so the inspection is showing the vehicle in it's current condition. I am sorry that you believe that your vehicle wasn't in the condition that you thought it was, however this had nothing to do with our inspector or the inspection itself.

Again I am sorry that you didn't have a good experience, but we wish you well. - Lemon Squad Team

Oct 17, 2020

Lemon Squad — rv inspection

Do not order from these people. Very bad customer service. A pure capitalistic company that will take your...

Aug 04, 2020

Lemon Squad — rv inspection

I was out of State and the RV was out of my hometown as well Needed a specific date and time to do an...

Lemon SquadAuto inspection

I ordered an inspection and got the report back that the truck I was buying was fine. The truck was out of state. When I got it delivered it would not start and would not charge even though their inspection said it was good. There was a screw holding down the battery terminal. They did not tell me that. Ridiculous. The truck is dead and I bought two new batteries and its still dead. When I called Lemon Squad to complain I got nowhere with them. Stay away.

Auto inspection

Hello,

Im sorry to hear that you are having issues with your vehicle. When we were present during the inspection, the battery worked as intended and we saw no issues with it at that time. On vehicle, especially used ones there is always a chance that issues can arise post inspection. If it is not failing at the time of the inspection, we will not know that it is failing. I would suggest work with the seller and the shipper you worked with to see if something happened on their end. We wish you many years with your vehicle.

• Updated by Truck Owner · Aug 05, 2020

I am sad to see that you not accepting your mistake. If you talked to the inspector you would find out that when your inspector showed up the truck did not start because of the battery, had got be recharged, and was throwing battery codes. Also the cold charge amp was wrong for the truck. This is a basic inspection point. If there is any honor in your company you would rebate a portion of the cost of this inspection. I had to purchase two batteries because they were wrong CC and not able to be recharged. I could have taken care of this with the seller if your inspection had found this most basic of aspect of inspection. I even included a picture.

Lemon SquadInspecting

By far one of the worst customer service experience I have ever experienced. They refuse to coordinate the timing of an inspection with the seller I plan on buying an RV with. To save us the time and effort, the seller and I hired a Broker, the largest in the US, to facilitate the sale of the RV. Lemon Squad refused to work with our broker and refused to give an exact time or date for the inspection. They actually expect the Seller just to be on stand by at the Rv for 7 days. Then to make it worse, the inspector they used, spent the entire time being rude and not very courteous. Constant complaining about everything and the quality of work he performed was subprime at the most. Do your self a favor. Go somewhere else. not worth the time, effort and headache.

Hi Rusty

Im sorry to hear that you are displeased with our service, however I am not able to find you name in our system.

The Inspector works with the seller directly to get everything scheduled and are more than will to work with a broker if need be. Typically it takes place in about 1-2 business days for the inspection to take place with the report out the following day. That turn around can vary depending on the seller's availability, the inspectors scheduled and of course the weather. We also do not expect the seller to be waiting around with the vehicle for several days, the inspector will all ahead of time and get that set up with them for a date and time.

Again I am sorry that you had a poor experience, and I wish you luck in your search for an RV.

Lemon Squad Auto InspectionsScumbag scammers

Do no use these scumbag scammers called Lemon Squad. They cancelled my inspection due to a technician having personal issues. Then they refuse to refund the amount. Only give a credit. They also make no guarantees as to when the inspection will take place. So they can take a month to inspect your car if they want to. Its all buried in their terms and conditions. I even tried to dispute the charge with my credit card company and no luck since Lemon Squad buries this in there terms and conditions. A totally dishonest company. These cowards don't even have a real address. They use a PO Box. Avoid these scammers at all cost!

Hi Mark

The inspection date does vary depending on the seller's schedule, Inspector's schedule, and of course the weather. This can potentially push it past depending on these circumstances which are out of our control. If you look at our terms and conditions, which you must read and agree to before placing an order, you will see that we unfortunately do not offer refunds and sales are final. This is also written in our FAQ page and you could have also called us at any time regarding our refund policy.We use a PO Box for our address because we are an online business and have agents nation wide. We do not have a main office thus is why we are using a PO Box.

Im sorry to hear that you are displeased with our service, but we wish you luck on your search for a vehicle.

Lemon Squad Auto InspectionsDon't waste your money

Don't waste your money. Lemon Squad checked out a car for me and after bringing it home I found I had 2, 800 dollars of work required.

I purchased a car out of state so I could not see it personally. So, I decided to use Lemon Squad. The car looked great but there was a note in the CARFAX about vibration being checked. I had driven a few of the cars before and all had some level of vibration during acceleration. So, I was not overly concerned but asked specifically that the technician check this out. I also asked that any cosmetic defects be photographed.

The tech drove the car and did not find any vibration according to his report. He also noted that there were some scratches consistent with age specifically that there were some scratches under the front bumper that you needed to bend down to see.

Based on the report I drove down to see the car (7 hours). When I got there the car looked good, but, there were a number of visible scratches on the front bumper and you didn't need to bend down to see them. I was ok with that but it would have been nice to have the pictures of this so that I could have made the decision before driving down.

Driving the car I found that there was vibration during acceleration. It was a bit worse than what I had seen but given the clean bill of health I got from Lemon Squad I decided to take the car.

When I brought it home I had a nagging feeling that something was not quite right. So, I brought the car into a local mechanic. He found the following:

1. The top engine mount was leaking hydraulic fluid and needed to be replaced.
                2. A control arm bushing was torn and a ball joint needed to be replaced (you replace them in pairs - right and left typically).
                3. The CV joints had been replaced with aftermarket units and they were out of balance causing the vibration - this is a manufacturing issue.
                4. The timing belt needed to be replaced along with the serpentine belt. The timing belt on the purchased needs to be replaced at 105K or after 10 years (car is 13 years old).

The response from Lemon Squad was less than helpful. You have 2 weeks to refute the report and it did take some time to get the car over to the local mechanic (about 3 weeks for me - didn't do it right away because I had just paid 200 dollars to Lemon Squad so I was hesitant to spend more money.

The summary of their response was:

1. They can only report what they find at the time of the report (all of these things were issues at that time).
                2. I waited too long to contact them - again, I spent 200 dollars so I was hesitant to spend more money on an additional inspection.
                3. They can't lift the car so they can't find some things - but, they are supposed to get around the fact that they can't lift the car by using mirrors to inspect the underside of the car. Control arm bushing was torn and visible, engine mount was on top of the engine and visible - should have found these things.
                4. Said no vibration when driven - not possible. The issue is a manufacturing defect (CVs were out of balance - too long or short). It is not something that comes and goes. A skilled mechanic would be able to identify/diagnose the issue. The local mechanic called this out immediately.
                5. It would have been nice to know that the timing belt replacement was due. This is a common replacement item on many cars but the schedule differs (so at 90k, some at 100K+ some have a time component as well).

In any event, they give themselves plenty of wiggle room to take absolutely no responsibility. If you need assistance with a car I couldn't recommend them any less...

HI Stan

We did read through your email that you sent in and the partial complaint that was left here and on the BBB. As per the terms and conditions that you read and agreed to when you placed your order with us on 9/22/19, at that time you had 14 days to let us know of any issues. You reached out to us on 10/23/19, 31 days after your order was placed and outside of the 14 day window that is stated in the terms. Those terms and conditions also state that Lemon Squad is NOT the seller of the vehicle and as such. This was a 13 year old vehicle with over 83K miles on it. A certain amount of wear is expected with a vehicle of this age and mileage. The report does state that there are misc. scratches around the vehicle, this is normal for the age and mileage. Our sample reports do not show that we report on the replacement of the timing belt. As all vehicles are different, that is something that you would need to check with your seller or manufacturer about, that isn't anything that we check. A lift was not made available for the inspector to put the vehicle on since your seller was a private individual. The inspector looked underneath the vehicle and did not see any issues with the ball joints. When the seller's wife drove the vehicle, she drove the vehicle both slowly and up to 80 MPH. No abnormal vibrations or noises were noted during the test drive. We didn’t see any hydraulic fluid on the motor and we didn’t notice any excessive vibrations during the test drive to lead us to believe that there was an issue with the motor mount. It is possible that somebody had cleaned the motor prior to arrival. We can only report on issues that present themselves during our time with the vehicle. If an issue doesn’t present itself, we can’t report on it. We wish you luck with your vehicle.

Lemon Squad Auto Inspectionsppi inspection / never again!

Used this service twice and I will NEVER use again! Gave them the benefit of the doubt the first time they were incapable or coordinating an inspection that cost me the car. The second time there was no excuse over a week to schedule the appointment absolutely zero contact with me or the seller and then when you call they leave you on hold for 15-30 minutes at a time. Save yourself the time and money, Find a local mechanic (should charge $150-$200) and have piece of mind knowing you will have a professional inspect your vehicle. This company will not be around for long.

Lemon Squad Auto InspectionsRefusing to refund

I was looking at an out-of-state car, and paid $149 on Lemonsquad.com for an inspection on Jul-12. Lemon Squad organized the inspection for Jul-15. In the weekend, the dealer sold the car to someone else. So, they could not complete a service for a particular that I requested. The invoice that I have clearly shows the vehicle and the dealer that I requested the service. Now they are refusing to refund me the money, and they say that I can use the funds for another vehicle. However, the issue is that I do not want to use the service anymore at all. Order number 378000

Refusing to refund

Hi Uğurcan

Im sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our service. I do see that we did refund you in full after your conversation with us when this issues occurred originally. Please keep in mind that in our Terms and Conditions, that you must read and agree to before placing an order, we do state that we do not offer refunds. It would be used as a credit towards another inspection. But again we have refunded you in full and we wish you luck in your search for a vehicle.

Lemon Squad Auto InspectionsExotic car inspection / don't bother wasting your money

This review is in reference to job #364733, ordered from Cleveland, Ohio on a exotic car from an Internet sale from Michigan. First, the leather dashboard had suffered dry rot and was peeling off. This dry rot was NEVER mentioned in their $200 report. Had the local dealership order a new hand- stitched leather dashboard from Italy!

Also, the front bumper had paint over-spray on the grille, which went UNREPORTED! When I took this exotic car to the body shop, the technician reported that Lemon Squad also missed the front bumper's paint job was the wrong color type and didn't match the rest of the car!! Seeing how I've never taken an auto body repair/paint class, I embarrassingly had not noticed until my tech pointed it out!
                      After a new paint job, now, the entire car is the SAME color! Another costly mistake by this company! Maybe they are called Lemon Squad because they're a "lemon" themselves!

Don't bother wasting your money & just have a local guy inspect your investment, not this company! Asked for a refund & got blown off!

Lemon Squad Auto InspectionsMissed many expensive items needing replacement

We had these 'pros' look over a 2010 Buick Enclave. While taking a good number of pics, they missed the bad lower ball joints and leaky struts. When we got that "great" inspection of such a "great" (in THEIR opinion) car, we made the deal, went to the owner and took it for a test drive ourselves, where we noticed a slight pull, but went with their reports findings and made the deal. in hindsight, we should've walked, but we figured it was due to the road conditions (construction).

We paid $8k for the car and just found out we now need to spend an additional TWO THOUSAND+ dollars for the needed repairs.

When we called the Lemon Squad, instead of admitting they are not 100% in what they do and how sorry they are, we heard a fancy dance about how this could've happened in the days after we bought the car, and basically, they are NOT responsible, period. If we want to take them to small claims, we'd have to file in Hennepin county, "only" 450 miles away.

They're NOT responsible?? then WHY did we go to them to inspect a car??

Instead, we'll just do reviews all over the USA, and hope to steer enough "targets" (customers like us) away from a "service" like these folks provide. Please know there are MANY people out there that provide this service, many are REALLY local (instead of subcontracting) and we're sure you'll find a better result by going with ANYONE but these people. A coin flip or oiuja board would be just as good as what we paid for, which was NOTHING. They should be ashamed of providing such a shoddy service, but I don't think shame or empathy is something they really understand. It cuts into their bottom line.

Lemon Squad Auto InspectionsUsed car review

I will not speak to the quality of their reviews, as I never received one. I ordered a review based on an out-of-state dealer recommendation before purchasing one of their cars. 3 hours after ordering a lemon squad review, the dealer sold the car out from under me. I attempted to close my Lemon Squad order and get a refund ($180 plus with add-ons). Nope. Despite doing nothing, they refuse to refund even $1. Find a company with heart, this one has none.

Used car review

Lemon Squad Auto InspectionsWaste of money

I ordered an inspection for an out of state vehicle. What a waste of money! This company is horrible!

From the actual report :

The car arrived June 1 but was not driveable. As soon as I started it up the engine stalled, the check engine light came on, the SMT warning light came on. I immediately took the car to a nearby garage. They had it 9 days but never got the opportunity to look at it. So. I take it to the Toyota dealership. They hook up the scanner and found 3 codes P1646 Transmission control ECU malfunction P0860 Gear shift module communications circuit P0191 —>Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance The shift actuator was leaking and needed to be replaced -Cost: 4835.00 The inspection was completed May 24th or 25th, but Because we were buying several states away and the car had to be shipped, we didn't receive the car until June 1st. The 1st garage had the car until June 14th and never looked at it so we didn't know what was even wrong until the Toyota dealership looked at it on the 14th.

We contacted Lemon Squad about the issues and received this response from Denise : No one asked You to fix the car, Denise, we simply wanted a refund for the useless repost we were given .

Lemon SquadMissed the damage

I had requested several things to be checked over carefully... ie photos of inside all wheel wells... pull trunk mat out and photo trunk carefully he didn't do these... he totally missed that the a/c didn't blow cold!!... missed that the drivers door panel is shot yet did film passenger side. Commented in report that car had hailstorm damage but didn't get any pics showing it and upon review of his AND customers pics could not see anywhere where reflections showed any wavering! In the trunk someone attached a piece of plywood over opening that goes down to bottom of quarter panel obviously hiding damage and he didn't catch it.

see report #351909
                              I feel a refund is due or at the very lease a credit to inspect another car at n/c.

Lemon SquadCar inspections

Stay away. Many other reputable companies out there I have used. Ordered an inspection from Lemon Squad. They scheduled it for the next day. Canceled it a couple hours later (i. e., well before it was scheduled). Company says nothing to me about moving up the inspection so contends I cannot cancel. I complain. I get a very unprofessional message from the company out of Minnesota. Absurdly unprofessional and sarcastic. I saved it, in case anyone wants to hear it. Beware of the unilateral rules Lemon Squad hides in its FAQs. That's how they try to get around ever, ever refunding your money. Bottom line is this: once you pay, NOTHING will entitle you to a refund, according to this fly by night shop. As for the inspection report — it was horrendous. Had them look at a VW diesel TDI. 85K miles. No timing belt change by the single owner, which is due at 60K. $1100 service. Critical for these cars, if you know the car. Report indicated it was fine. Among other misses. Stay away. Lemon Squad is indeed A LEMON.

Lemon Squad — Vehicle inspection

I contracted with Lemon squad about an RV inspection. They ran the report and came back saying it was a great...