Sony Playstation 3 / what to do

1 Windsor, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 519-981-2646

I have been a Playstation consumer for many years. I've owned the original playstation.
I've purchased and still own the PS2 and PSP.
December of 2007 I purchased a 40 gig PS3. I have had the pleasure of owning it for just
shy of 15 months. My 1 year warranty ran out just in time for the system to crash.
Prior to this, I've been waitng for a few months for the release of Map Pack 1 for
Call of Duty 5 WaW. It was due to be released March 19th at 6pm. At around noon that
day my system shut down and would not power. I made a formal inquiry to PlayStatioin
network via telephone (complaint # [protected]). I am extremely displeased in what I
have been advised. I can ship my PS3 to your company where it can be assessed and possibly
fixed. After payment of all the shipping fees, the assesment fee, and other fees, I will
be shipped my repaired PS3 or a refurbished PS3 with only a 90 day warranty. The cost of
this is close enough to the price of just buying a new one. This is unsatisfactory.
A $500 machine should last longer than 15 months. There was no option to even purchase
an extended warranty that I was aware of at time of purchase either. I also did
anticipate my new purchase to crash in that short of a time period. The purpose of this
letter is to express my lack of satisfaction with your products and it's services. I do
not have any interest in purchasing a replacement of this product or paying repair bills
that are almost equivalent to that price.

Respectfully Unhappy,

Joe Larsh
jlarsh@cogeco.ca

Comments

Ne
  15th of Apr, 2009

I had to pay £145, because my ps3 got the yellow light of death which since you were repairing them for free up until the 11th of feb 2009 has made me very angry. I have always stuck with sony but this has got my back up now you can get an xbox 360 out of the shops for less than that. Microsoft fix the red ring of death for free and the xbox 360 has been out longer than the ps3, also I pay £450 for my ps3 in 2007 which doesnt even last much longer than 2 years, my ps 1+2 are fine. Anyway I kept the old 60gig hard drive so the least you lot can do is tell me how to recover the data that is still on there and transfer it to my new ps3 hard drive.

Ne
  15th of Apr, 2009

Sorry I just pasted my complaint to sony I am refuring to them.