Sony Playstation 3 / what to do
I have been a Playstation consumer for many years. I've owned the original playstation.
I've purchased and still own the PS2 and PSP.
December of 2007 I purchased a 40 gig PS3. I have had the pleasure of owning it for just
shy of 15 months. My 1 year warranty ran out just in time for the system to crash.
Prior to this, I've been waitng for a few months for the release of Map Pack 1 for
Call of Duty 5 WaW. It was due to be released March 19th at 6pm. At around noon that
day my system shut down and would not power. I made a formal inquiry to PlayStatioin
network via telephone (complaint # [protected]). I am extremely displeased in what I
have been advised. I can ship my PS3 to your company where it can be assessed and possibly
fixed. After payment of all the shipping fees, the assesment fee, and other fees, I will
be shipped my repaired PS3 or a refurbished PS3 with only a 90 day warranty. The cost of
this is close enough to the price of just buying a new one. This is unsatisfactory.
A $500 machine should last longer than 15 months. There was no option to even purchase
an extended warranty that I was aware of at time of purchase either. I also did
anticipate my new purchase to crash in that short of a time period. The purpose of this
letter is to express my lack of satisfaction with your products and it's services. I do
not have any interest in purchasing a replacement of this product or paying repair bills
that are almost equivalent to that price.
More Sony Playstation 3 Complaints & Reviews
- Sony Ericsson Service Center - Cheating and torturing customers! 
- Sony ericsson promo - lucky number 
- Sony/Bravia KDL40S4100 tv - defective product 
- Sony Playstation 3 (Ps3) 60gb (Pal) - Faulty Product/Horrible Customer Care 
- Sony TV KDF-60XBR950 - Sony TV Optical Block 
- Sony Corporation - sony 4k tv xbr65x900c faulty back led panel
- Sony Corporation - sony xbr55x930d tv
- Sony Corporation - sony bluray player wireless lan built in
- Sony of UK - scam phishing sorry didn't know where to send this 
- Sony Philippines - sony alpha a6300 - cosmetic issue