Having problems with Sony?

Sony reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 7, 2006. The latest review Customer service was posted on Jun 2, 2021. The latest complaint uvw1800 and uvw1600 was resolved on Jan 02, 2020. Sony has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 501 reviews. Sony has resolved 221 complaints.

Sony Customer Service Contacts

8800 200 7667 (Russia)
180 058 8885 (Vietman)
+1 888 476 6972 (United States)
+44 207 365 2810 (United Kingdom)
+353 14 073 341 (Ireland)
+61 130 013 7669 (Australia)
+64 800 766 969 (New Zealand)
+43 179 567 639 (Austria)
+32 27 131 626 (Belgium)
+45 38 322 724 (Denmark)
+31 203 469 524 (Netherlands)
+351 214 154 414 (Portugal)
+41 227 614 182 (Switzerland)
+852 28 335 129 (Hong Kong)
+60 130 088 1233 (Malaysia)
+63 28 787 600 (Philippines)
+82 15 880 911 (South Korea)
+66 27 156 100 (Thailand)
+971 800 7669 (UAE & Middle East)
1-7-1 Konan
Minato-ku
Japan - 108-0075
Canada
2235 Shepard Avenue East, Suite 700, Toronto, ON M2J 5C2

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sony Customer Service. Initial Sony complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sony above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sony. Discuss the issues you have had with Sony and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sony Complaints & Reviews

SONY Blue Ray Disc Player, BDP-S300Missing Disc

I bought a SONY Blue Ray Disc Player from IEI (Interstate Electronics Inc) in Hazlet. The box was supposed to contain a one Spider Man disc, but it did not. I called IEI, and they gave me SONY 800 number. When I went through 4 numbers from one to the other to find out there is no way you can find who you can talk to within SONY who can rectify the problem.

My advice:
- when you buy products from IEI, open the box in front of them and make sure the box contains all contents.
- Do NOT buy SONY products, if you can avoid. Service is horrible.

Sony Handy CamWorthless extended warranty!

A little over a year ago my wife and I purchased a Sony Handy Cam on the day before we were leaving for Disney World Orlando. The sales person insisted we purchase an extended warranty because the manufacturers warranty would not cover everything and because we were spending $700 on a camera, we agreed it was best to be covered. We used the camera on vacation and several other school events over the past year with no problem.Recently my wife got the camera out of the armoine where it is stored when not in use, only to find that it would not charge or power up. My wife called the store in Livonia where we purchased it and they recommended we bring the camera into the store, and thats what she did. After attempting to resolve the problem in the store it was decided that the camera would have to be shipped off to the warranty provider to be fixed. After several weeks my wife received a call from HHGregg in Livonia Ga., and was told that the extended warranty that we purchased... the same warranty that the sales person assured us would cover everything... would not cover the damages to our camera, because it had been determined that the camera had internal water damage, caused by owner abuse, which is not only impossible, but extremely insulting. After exhausting all attempts to resolve this with the store manager... who in my opinion wasn't very interested in helping me when I was at the store and would not even take my calls, cooperate customer relations... I'm not real sure what their job is, they just directed me back to the store manager... and the regional manager whom no one would give me a contact phone number to, I felt the only thing left to do was to file a formal complaint. Our previous experiences with HHGregg have been good, thats why we are so disappointed about this one. In the year and a half we have lived in Ga. all of our major appliances and electronics have been purchased from HHGregg approximately $10,000. Any assistance with this matter would be greatly appreciated due to the fact I cannot get any resolve from the store manager.

Sony ericsson mobile phone Model : W600 iRepair needed PCB mother board for replacement

I have purchased Sony Ericsson mobile phone model: W 600 i in US and the same is not working last 2 yrs . When I come back to India I sent it for Repair with ICONET.Chennai.Adyar Brach who advise that the mobile require replacement of PCB Mother Board.
      I have also paased message in website of Soney Ercsson and their service provider but nobody responded so far.

I loadging complaint is useless that's what I believe. If any can do anything , pl try to help me inthis regard.

Thanks

SK.SINGARAVELU
      CHENNAI.INDIA
      MOBILE: 91-[protected]

Anil Kr Sharma Jan 19, 2008

I have purchased the w580i mobile from the 30 day back from relicance retail shipra mall Delhi NCR region.But after 10 days my mobile phone software is not working .After that we have our phone to authorised servive centre.case id E3GUR:080108-0.

Still we are waiting for the reply from ur end.We can't expect such kind of service from the bandname.

Plz look in to it.

[protected]

SONY CTV/AW212M80TV DEAD

THE CTV WITH THE A/M MODEL I BOUGHT ABOUT 15 DAYS BACK BUT THE SAME STOPS WORKING. I SEEK REPLACEMENT OTHERISE I MOVE TO CONSUMER COURT.

SUDHIR MITTAL
        [protected]

• Bi
            biju.es Jan 15, 2008

I have one 29' sony ctv now im forget mod no.my complaint is when te tv powr on that time sound is ok bt not seen the picture.wht is the comp pls inform me as soon as posible.

Sony Style USA — Terrible experience!

I recently placed an order with a sony style representative from www.sonystyle.com. After placing the order I...

Sony Ericsson - K790iGiven wrong phone

I given K790i as there is some issues like: Sometimes Hangs, Not working with any computer.

The service center taken 24 days to repair it.
          They told, some problem with mother board which need to be replace.
          Again one day told motherboard is not fitting properly so need total replacement.

But while giving they given another's Mobile set whose cabinet got damaged and with different IMEI no.

Service Center: Smarrtcare Services.
          #267,6th Cross, 1st Block,Jyayanagar,
          Bangalore-560011

• Di
              Dinesh Kashyap Aug 29, 2008

sdfsdf

• Ir
              Irvin Cardozo Apr 20, 2008

My mobile set make - Sony Ericsson, Model no- K790i, Bearing IMEI- [protected]-[protected] has been stollen on 20.04.2008 at about 3.46 am. Please help me how can I locate the set? if not possible can the Set be Blocked to aviod misuse.
              I have all the necessary documents like Cash memo, FIR...

Sony/ Digital Cameraflash not working

i have bought a sony digital camera DSC-S650 from Moradabad dealer Sony Exclusive Address Avas Vikas Civil Lines Moradabad-244001.
            with in week the flas of the camera stoped working i send the person to the shop they refer it to service centre in Moradabad, on reaching there they told that it will be done in New Delhi and a person goes once a week there. but now it is almost 15 days and my problem is still unsolved.

please look in to this matter as i am a regular customer of Sony product. please exchange my camera with a new one.

regards
            Danish

Sony Ericsson mobile set, model no K750iBlocking of stolen mobile set

My mobile set make - Sony Ericsson, Model no- K750i, Bearing IMEI- [protected]-[protected] has been stollen on 25.11.2007 at about 8.15pm. Please help me how can I locate the set? if not possible can the Set be Blocked to aviod misuse.
              I have all the necessary documents like Cash memo, FIR copy etc. with me.

Please guide me at the earliest.
              Regards
              PKSAHOO

• So
                  Sony Ericsson K750i Jan 17, 2009

My mobile set make_ Sony Ericsson K750i has been stolen on 17.01.09 at about 4.30am in train near vyasarpadi. i do not know the IMEI no. please tell me is there any way to locate my no..
                  If so please contact me in [protected].

• Go
                  Govind Srivastava Sep 28, 2008

My mobile set make - Sony Ericsson, Model no- 550i, Bearing IMEI- [protected]-810271-9 has been stollen on 29.09.2008 at about 9.15pm. Please help me how can I locate the set? if not possible can the Set be Blocked to aviod misuse.

Please inform me as soon as possibble

• Ab
                  abhinaw patel Aug 31, 2008

i need a best networking mobile

• Ab
                  abhinaw patel Aug 31, 2008

45ty27yu

Sony Ericsson J230iMOble didn't get repaired even after two months

This complaint is regarding the poor services provided by the Sony Ericsson to their customers. Even they didn't bother to reply even after sending so many mails to their cutomer care .

Below some mails are attached for your refrences which i had sent to their official E-Mail ID .

Dear Sir/Mam

This is to inform you that i had not received my set till now & two months has been passed. Today they had replied that you should contact to Sony Ericssin by mail but i had already send you some mails & there was no reply to my earlier mails from your side . So sorry to say but this time also i didn't expect any reply from your side . Now the only solution to get the mobile set back is to file a case in consumer court & this mail is for that purpose so that i can attach it with that if you didn't reply for the mail again.

So if you can do something than it will be better for both of us.

Naresh Kumar Jindal

Mobile No. [protected](Punjab)

Dear Muskan

May i hope any support from your side as you are not responding it seems i would have to fight against negligence as well as poor services from your service centre & also from you , in my own way .Because there was no reply from your side in response of my mail on 13th oct.and from your service centre the reply on this tuesday was same to extend the delivery to next week.

Now i have only one option to buy a new mobile and to file a sue against Sony Ericsson in consumer court.

Regards

Naesh jindal

Naresh Jindal <[protected]@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
                Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:16:27 +0100 (BST)
                From: Naresh Jindal <[protected]@yahoo.co.in>
                Subject: Re: Case : [protected]
                To: questions.[protected]@support.sonyericsson.com

Dear Muskan

I really appreciate your concerns you had shown on behalf of Sony ericsson customer Care.

But nobody from B.M. Services hardly bother to give me a courtsey call to tell me the status of my cell phone.

Even after 26 days I have not given the exact date of return of my phone by the Service Centre.

Actually I had borrowed a cell phone from my friend for a week as Service centre people assured me to return the phone within 2 days. But now you can see the situation.

I hope that 'SONY' will definitely understand the meaning of Word 'SERVICE' for whcih it is known around the world and I wil get my phone back soon.

With regards,

(Naresh Jindal)

questions.[protected]@support.sonyericsson.com wrote:

Dear Mr. Jindal,

Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson on World Wide Web.

We understand your problem and disappointment you have come across and sincerely apologize on behalf of Sony Ericsson for all the inconveniences caused to you. We really appreciate you patience and assure you that we will try our best to regain your faith in our company.However, we would like to inform you that we already have sent your complaint to the same service centre where you have visited. The feedback is awaited. So we request you to please wait for some time. We will get back to you with a best possible solution. We seek your patience and request your cooperation in this regard.

Please feel free to contact us in case of further queries and we will be more than happy to assist you.

To know more about Sony Ericsson products you may also visit our website which is www.sonyericsson.com. You may also call us at [protected] prefixed by STD code of your city (From Mobile or non-BSNL/non-MTNL No.) or [protected] (From BSNL/MTNL No.) from Monday to Saturday at 9:00 a.m. to 09:00 p.m.

Assuring you best of our services.

Take care and have a blessed day!

With best regards,

From: [protected]@yahoo.co.in
                Subject: Phones
                Product: J230i

Opinion: Respected Sir/Mam
                I am using sony ericsson j230i. i have a problem in display of my set. IT was under guarantee so i give it to sony ericsson show room in Ludhiana(B.M.SERVICES -GHUMAR MANDI LUDHIANA).My complaint ID is SES07BMS16011 & Date of Deposit is 17-09-2007 . But till now i had not received my set after follow up of many times. So i am surprised to see what kind of services you are providing to your customers . Besides this today the reply from their side was that it will take more than a week . So a request to you to do some thing for me.
                Country: India
                First Name: NARESH KUMAR
                Last Name: JINDAL
                Phone Number: [protected]
                City / Region: Ludhiana
                Agree Legal Terms: Yes.

The details of this case are as follows:

Case: [protected]
                Engineer: Priyanka Asthana
                CaseOpened: 10/Oct/2007 13:15:08

Chat on a cool, new interface. No download required. Click here. DeleteReplyForwardMove...
                Previous | Next | Back to Messages Save Message Text | Full Headers

Notepad Options
                Notepad Help
                Advanced Search
                Advanced Search

Copyright © 2007 Yahoo Web Services India Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. Copyright/IP Policy - Terms of Service - Help
                NOTICE: We collect personal information on this site. To learn more about how we use your information, see our Privacy Policy

• Sy
                    syed sameer Sep 09, 2009

not charging

• Sy
                    syed sameer Sep 09, 2009

Any difficult information about repair contact me-[protected]. regard-syed sameer

• Va
                    Valarmathi Dec 10, 2007

I bought a sony ericsson mobile model named j230i on july month at saravana stores, t.nagar. In tht mobile i was charging for 3 hours but after tht if i speak for 15 - 20 min full battery become down. please do need ful sir
                    i am waiting for ur fruitful answer

Sony DCR HC 40E Mini DV HanycamProblem faced with Sony DCR HC 40E Mini DV

I had purchased a Sony DCR HC 40E Mini DV Handycam in November 2004. After shooting about 10 Mini DV cassettes (total 10 hours recording time) in Australia and then in Singapore, I started getting a "head dirty" indication. Since I was a tourist in Singapore, there was no time to go to a Sony repair center, I purchased a Sony head cleaning DV tape and tried to clean the head as per the Sony Instruction Manual. This did not solve the problem, and I could not shoot any more videos. On returning to my country (India), I went to an authorised Sony Repair Center. They kept the Handycam for about 3 days and informed me that the problem was due to fungus, which they said had been cleaned up. When I next used the camera after about 6 months when we went on a vacation, the same problem occured again within about 15 minutes of shooting. I went again to the Sony Repair Center and they repeated what they had done earlier.
                  Last month we were going on a vacation again, and I took the precaution of showing the handycam to the Sony Repair Center. They again said there was a fungus infestation and it was cleaned up. The problem again cropped up when I shot a video for a total of about 30 minutes, and my vacation was again spoilt because of the faulty Handycam.
                  I am strictly following all the instructions given in the Sony instruction manual regarding storage, usage after sudden change in temperature (for example after going out from an aircondtioned hotel room) etc.

Please advise me if something can be done as I am sure if I go to the Sony repair center, they will repeat their so called solution which does not seem to work. Please reply fast as the Guarantee expires on 16th Nov.

Name: Ashok Mohindra
                  address: 61 Kailash Kunj, Greater Kailash Part I, New Delhi 110048, India
                  email ID [protected]@gmail.com
                  Tel 91 11 [protected]

SONY WEGA 21 INCH TVNOT GIVING VALUE FOR MONEY

Sir,
                    I had bought a sony wega CRT TV of 21 inches.Sony is claiming that it provides the unmached viewing quality in its product.I have paid comparatively a very high amount expecting that the product will give enhanced picture quality and sound.

I have paid 15,990 INR and bought the TV but the picture resolution and the sound quality is very poor if it is compared with any of its parallel products from LG,PHILIPS etc.

LG is taking around 9000 INR and providing the better services than Sony.

Frankly telling I am repenting after opting for Sony product,by paying considerably high amount to buy a 21 inches tv after paying 15,900 INR.

I want my money back and to return that product to Sony.

If the justice can be given to me then I shall remain ever grateful to you

• Ta
                        TABU DENIS Mar 25, 2011

I fully agree with you and you can add me to the woes of your complain. In-fact, I need them to come for it even if they claim no refund...you just can't compare the picture qualities.

• Ga
                        gaurav tyagi Sep 30, 2008

yeah same problem here i have a problem in my 32" lcd tv sony bravia blak dot appears at the left han corner due to pixeles missing.really i had complaint many times in customer support but result is zero.it is tue that the company is more flexible to profit orientation than customer satisfation.u can also add me for the same problem.

• Vi
                        vijay Jun 12, 2008

I fully agree with you and you can add me to the woes of your complain. Not only there is no refund, the after sales service, out sourced, is truly a pathos. My Sony TV has been at the service center for 3 days and there is no definite answer from them as to when the TV would be repaired and installed. Meanwhile I am watching the tri-series with my neighbour's (envy owners pride - Onida).

vijay

Sony Ericsson Service Centre, Compcare Services — Beware of Compcare Services, Jayanagar, Bangalore

Sony Ericsson is among the world's top five Mobile phone makers. But, their after sales service seem...

Sony Authorized Service Centre, GL-4, Abhiyank Estate / SONY - Camcorder (Video Camera)Non repair & spoilage of my Video Camera (Camcorder make – SONY model DCR-TRV355E)

On, 17.09.2007, I had deposited my camcorder (make – SONY model DCR-TRV355E) to the local service centre, ( i.e. - The T & F Customer Care Division, Sony authorized service centre, GL-4, Abhiyank Estate, University Road, Gwalior (M.P)), for checking & repair, as it was not ejecting the cassette, which was inside it and was continuously showing, on its LCD-screen, - the 5 digit self diagnosis display – read as – C:32:11.

{The meaning of this self diagnosis display (C:32:11), as described in its camera operational manual is – a malfunction other than the above that you can service has occurred.

Eject the cassette & insert it again, then operate your camcorder. As per camera manual, all self diagnosis displays starting with prefix C??, interprets that – A customer (layman) itself can service its camcorder and no need of service engineer to call.}

But as a extra precaution, I contacted to the local authorized Sony’s (company’s) service centre to diagnose and rectify it. At the time of (camera) submission too, it(the service centre) agreed that it was a trifle problem only and I can collect my repaired camera in the evening on the same day (by paying Rs. 1000/- as its labour charges).

But unfortunately, in the evening, it had not proved its words. Next day, on 18.09.2007; “the service centre” called me and told that some part/s are malfunctioning in the camcorder, which need replacement and intimate me a estimate of Rs.4000/-(including its labour charges etc.) for its repair. For that, I deposited Rs. 2500/-(by cheque) as an advance, as demanded by “the service center”.

Now a month passed, but it had not repaired and returned my camcorder till date. For the last one month, every time I phoned/contacted “the service center”, but no satisfactory answer had been provided regarding the status of my camcorder nor any tentative date for the delivery had been intimated.

On 17.10.2007,(after one month later), the service centre intimated that some more parts are defective/broken and demanded more additional amount for replacing these additional parts, (as the camcorder may be get damaged during its course of repair by service technicians). For the last one month, the camcorder was in the possession of “the service center” only, so I may not be held responsible for any damage (made by “the service center’s staff, result out during its repairing) during this long (one month) time. As demanding an additional amount (after estimation) is totally against trade practices and rules.

I am still awaiting the fate of my camcorder. The service centers are fully incapable and incompetent to repair these highly sophisticated equipments. Its service engineers and franchise service centres are making fool of customers and robbing them actually by making trifle problems a huge problem (in greed of large amount of money).

• Mj
                          M Jamil Jun 28, 2008

I bought a brand new SONY camcoder and the advertised price was $599. When I got on the phone the salesperson told me that it is a foreign model for this price and sold me a US model for $999. When I got the camera it was a used or refurbished camera in a box. I immediately called them and after a hold of 35 minutes or so the person just picks up the phone and transfer me to to an extension with a minute. As soon as the phone was transfered the line was disconnected. I kept calling and after long holds the person would get on the phone and before I could finish my first sentence I was told " let me transfer you call" and will disconnect the phone. I send them email but no reply. The camera cannot be returned without their auth. code given by them and I do not find a way to get the auth. code. These people are FRAUD. Please be careful and test yourself by asking for their customer service.

Sony Service - ChennaiBad quality service

I gave my music system (3 in one) for repair. They gave me an estimate of Rs 3000. I agreed for that, but finally they came up with a bill amount of around Rs.6000. After a long argument, I paid the amount and got the system back. After 2 months I had the same problem with the same system. They gave an estimate of Rs 2000. But last time when I gave for service they said, we have replaced everything, but this time they said we didn't do anything with CD compartment. So I left it without service. After sometime I took the system to a local technician at velachery for tuning FM. That guy identified the problem and rectified the problem at a cost of Rs.300 (All inclusive). My strong feeling is people at Sony service centre at chennai are not qualified. I have the receipts and all.

• Ni
                            Nirmala May 11, 2009

The Sony service center in Ashok nagar is totally bad. I gave my DVD player for a repair a month back and they replaced the lens and charged 2000 /-. After a month the same problem is happening again. This is very very bad.

Sony LCD KLV32V300AGreen Line

I bought KLV-32V300A from Singapore on 27th Sep 07. After a week, I started getting a green vertical line near right end of the TV. The Green Line appears, exactly at the right end of the picture when view at normal mode. I didn't expect this quality from Sony. I have posted the issue in Sony Site, but still didn't receive any reply. I am worried. Please advice.

Fry's / Sony LaptopPoor service!

I sent this email to the Sony repairman Oct. 12, 2007: On July 12, 2007, I took my Sony into Fry's, Plano, TX, for repair, after having problems with it. Several people at Fry’s told me that if Sony agrees that the problems with my computer were caused by something other than just a fall, that they would have it repaired under my service contract. I told them that (most importantly) I want to make sure that it won’t continue to get hot, and spark on me. As I explained when I brought the computer in on July 12th, 2007, "On July 11th, 2007 it sparked several times and I heard a pop". That really scared me because I have a Sharp sweeper with a battery pack that recently caught on fire, while it was plugged in being charged. Even now, when you turn on the computer, you will see that it starts making this (very) loud humming noise, and gets hot very quickly, not the quite humming noise you usually hear from the fan. It sparked again on my husband before we took it in on July 12th, so I know that it will do it again, unless something that is causing it to get hot is repaired. I don’t know if it’s caused by the battery, or something else. Anyway, you can see by the notes you have that when the computer got real hot and sparks started coming from it, I leaped out of bed, and dropped it.
                            I had other problems with it, before this happened. When I first got the computer (spent $2219. for the computer and the service contract), the cd write didn’t work, and the computer kept freezing up, and at other times would just shut off. Then, approx. 3 months later (the first time I tried to save all my files and information in Quick Books) I discovered that I couldn’t save the files to a cd. I use the computer for our business, so I was afraid to send it in for repair at that time, thinking I would lose all my work (in Quick Books). This really concerned me. I need all the information to send to my CPA for tax purposes.

email to Kevin at Sony's National Customer Relations Dpt.: Kevin, a few months ago (as I told you on the phone today) I purchased a memory stick to save the information from Quick Books (so that I could have my laptop sent off for repair before the service contract expired), but had no way of checking to see if the memory stick actually had the information on it (due to not knowing what all works/doesn't work on the Sony). I could not borrow a laptop from someone with memory stick capability, because I would need to install Quick Books on their computer to do that. If I could have saved all the files/info. to a cd, this wouldn't have been a problem, but as I stated above, that didn't work either.

Anyway, the laptop did fall on a carpeted floor, from my lap, while in bed. Because it always ran so hot, I used a computer tray underneath it, with holes in it to help with ventilation. The laptop had never been dropped before this happened. I work at home, and do not carry it from place to place. I now know that the computer should not have gotten that hot (problem I had with it, starting from the day I bought it), but had no way of knowing at the time, because:

A month before I bought this Sony laptop, I had purchased a Compaq laptop. Right away, it started getting very hot (not just hot) and freezing up (usually while playing games), so I returned it right away. Fry's would not give me my money back, but instead they gave me a coupon to purchase something else from them. I ended up buying the Sony, and spending (I think) an extra $1000.00, but had the same problem with it (getting very hot and freezing up, or just shutting off). When I started having problems with the Sony laptop, I called Fry's and said "it's happening to me again". They said that it's normal for that to happen, with the new processors. I have used several laptops since then, and now know that this doesn't normally happen. Anyway, the bottom line is that not only did the computer have several problems from the beginning (mostly heat related), I was scared it was going to catch on fire in my lap, which in turn caused me to drop it.

Email to Kevin again on Oct. 16, 2007: I will never shop at Fry's again. I will take my problems with Fry's to the next level. I have already contacted BBB, and I am contacting the Federal Trade Commission, the State Consumer Office, and websites: complaints.com, consumeraffairs.com, and /link removed/ Remember when I was surprised to hear that the Sony repairman quoted a cost of $350, when Fry's told me it would cost $680? Well, I called Fry's today and spoke with Ray at the service dpt. and asked (again) how much it will cost. He said it would be $350.07. But that they wanted to charge me $99.99 also, for the diagnostics. He said that if I hadn't declined (to Sony) the repairs, Fry's wouldn't have charged that $99.99. I said that I never declined having it repaired, I wanted it repaired. That's why I was communicating (just last Friday) with Jonathan Doreau at the Sony Repair Center. I've even got a copy of an invoice from Sony to Fry's stating that Fry's instruction to them was to return the unit unrepaired (not my instructions). Today, I told Ray at Fry's that Neal at Sony told me that Sony will never contact me to ask if I want it repaired or sent back, because I'm not their customer, Fry's is there customer. Today Ray at Fry's told me that I would need to talk to the manager to have them take off the $99.99 diagnostic charge, but that if I leave a message, THE MANAGER WILL NEVER CALL ME BACK. I will have to come into the store and talk to him. I said that I can only come at night, but I've been sick and would prefer talk to him over the phone. He insisted I would need to come in, and he said there is always a manager there. So I went there tonight, and waited 2 1/2 hours (while the manager was in a meeting), and then the manager left, so I couldn't talk to him. Needless to say, I was upset. The service department said they weren't there during my conversation with Ray, so they are not responsible for giving me false information. they said I'd have to call him the next morning. I argued with them, so they brought in someone calling himself an assistant manager (a lot of false information so I'm not sure if it's true). He showed me an invoice for the $99.99 plus $488, total $588 to have the laptop repaired. I asked him why the price went up again, and that people there have been dishonest with me. He said "oh, everyone here is dishonest. I believe you are the only dishonest one here". And again, that he wasn't there during my discussion with Ray, so he is not responsible for false information. No one there is held accountable. Even when I get their names. Also I brought in my loaner laptop to them tonight, and they turned it on, and turned it right back off and taped the box up and marked $50 off it it and put it right back out for display. We watched them. They don't even check to see that everything works, or do any diagnostic tests before they put things right back out to sell. That is why we've had problems (initially) with 2 of the laptops we've bought from them.

Beware!

Sony India / Digital CameraPoor retailing of defective products

Hello folks,

I have had an utterly pathetic experience on buying a brand new DSC W-55 digital camera from one of the retailers "tied" with Sony to sell their products. This retailer is the Viveks situated at Indiranagar, Bangalore.

The product, a 7.2 pixel camera, had a defect in the LCD display at the time of sale (the fact was acknowledged by the branch manager at the concerned Viveks outlet) though the defect could be detected a couple of hours after purchase.

To our utter dismay, this particular retailer was not ready to own any of the responsibility to get the piece replaced.

This is very unfortunate to note that a company like Sony would let such unscrupulous dealers to handle sales of its products. How the company could allow a defective product pass the quality check and land up at the display and sales counter and furthermore, the company seems to have no back-up to settle such issues.

Sony Ericsson — Ill treatment

I had purchased a Sony Ericsson on Oct 2017, It is still within the warranty period. I had gone to the Sony...

Sony Playstation 3 Console — Very unfriendly customer service

PlayStation.com www.us.playstation.com In last 10 months I have exchanged three( 3) Playstation3's and...

SONY Home Theatre / DZ720Beware the Sony consumers in Pune!

I am a really frustrated consumer of SONY!!! I bought a Sony Home theater from Sony World, (Jeetesh Agencies!!), Aundh, Pune. After only a month, it stopped working properly and I started putting wasted efforts to get my system serviced. I kept on lodging the complaint to the retailer and they kept on telling me that it will be attended. It took another 20 days when the service engineer visited and asked me to drop the system with the retailer!! (Which is obviously not my job!!) I did that!! The service people kept it with them for almost 18 days , during which I had to put a lot of efforts to follow up with them and they always giving rubbish excuses which was not expected of these SONY people.

After it was returned to me saying that it was now repaired!! Again it stopped functioning properly... from the 3rd day!! I again complained and again they kept sitting on my complaint for almost 2 weeks (I also complaint online!!) to no response!! I tried to get my problems heard to the upper management but could not get any references where I could reach out. I got a link of "David Migdal" who is supposed to be "The Vice President" of sony corporation!! But neither could I get any response from there,leave aside any action to be taken!! Would you believe such an irresponsible behavior from a VP of SONY!! Its been almost 6 months that I have been running from pillar to post and totally fed up of these guys!! I am contemplating a legal action against them... wish me luck!! I had paid bloody almost 30k for that system... in the name of SONY!! It was a real mistake!! So I would just suggest you people just to remember that please think twice before shelling out such a huge amount to these people or YOU WILL BE JUST SOLD AND FORGOTTEN!!

Meanwhile I am putting every step to find out the right contact to escalate this issue!!...

SAP Helper Dec 27, 2007

Hi... Thanks for the comment and letting me know this.I was about to book sony home theatre from my nearest showroom here in navi mumbai.. including my 2 other friends it was 3 home theatres... I have now dropped the idea!!! I would rather go for authentic Home theatres such as Onkya or Jamo... or maybe yamaha... I know I will be paying so 15 20 K more but atleast... I ll acheive peace in that cost. You are having a terrible experience and this is not atall expected from SONY.....anyways Pal... good luck for your chase....or I would suggest... why dont you return this system back.. If atall it is still in returns policy.. just a suggestion..

Thanks.