Sonic Drive In / attendant never returned with my change

My neighbor and I went to the drive-in window at the sonice in trinity, texas and ordered three (3)
Chocolate brownie blasts, which came to $7.11.

I paid with a $20.00 bill and the attendant brought the three blasts but turned and left the window while my neighbor and I were trying to get the blasts in the car without spilling them all over the front seat....needless to say, the attendant never returned with my change. When I returned home and realized what had happened I called and was told she had already gone home but her register came up short. I spoke to another attendant the next day and was told the same thing but she would have the manager call me. Needless to say, he has not called me yet and I am out $13.00. They have ways, here in trinity to get around things like this so may I ask for the main office of Sonic drive-ins so I may make
My complaint there? Any help would be appreciated.

I am a retired 80 year old lady on a limited income and this should not have been.

Thank you, anyone, who can offer a suggtestion to help me with this or just help me find the address or e-mail address to sonic's main division.

Betty Pinkston.

Va

Comments

11th of Nov, 2007

I am a carhop at a sonic in Florida.

What you need to do is get the store number, the manager will be able to give this to you. normally there should be a help hotline on one of the windows if not, ask for it from one of the carhops (attendants) when you call tell them what happened. They should give you a full refund, or at least your change back, and they most likely fire the person who did this.

If they are not willing to give you the number or the store number. email me, and i can get you the number. and get the location or address of the sonic. the help line will take of you.

Chyna.

1st of Jan, 2008

i have many times been to the sonic on church st in murfreesboro tenn . every time i go and order my food it is alwas wrong ..if you ask for no let yoou get it if you say no cheese you get it this is the only store i have had a problem with ..i have been to the manager and nouthing seems to change maybe the main office can get a handle on it ..

• Go
      29th of Jan, 2008

sonic in rigdeland mississippi it have poor sevice i order a item and did get it i have poo sevice i ever seen i will not be eating ther again

• Bi
      7th of Feb, 2008

Sonic drive in in kingsport tn on ft henry dr. is horrible. i worked there and some of the people would wipe their body parts with food after it was cooked and spit in the food. i would never eat there i were anyone. iquit because of this. the one one stone drive however is operated by a very good person.

6th of Apr, 2008

I would love to have a Sonic here in our area to comment about. We have been watching ads for Sonic Drive-In restaurants for well over 5 years now, drooling over their various advertised items, but the closest store is over 135 miles away in Hillsboro, Oregon. There is one store in Washington state, it's in Kennewick, Washington, which is 169 miles away! Ridiculous! Stop advertising if you're not going to open a store here. The Seattle area is huge, and a Sonic store would be well received here in this heavily populated area. Thus it is difficult to understand why a franchise hasn't opened here. As for how I feel about the complaints I've read at this site -- everyone seems to have overlooked the caution comment at the top of the "Post Your Comment" page, which clearly states "Please check text spelling before submitting comment." I am embarrassed for the countless comments by people across the country who are either lazy, and didn't take the time to spell check before submitting their comments, or they are illiterate and can't read, write or spell well! Our educators are releasing countless illiterate students into society; who will fight an uphill battle their entire lives, trying to compete with others who are well educated, for jobs they will never get because of their lack of education, or pure laziness and failing to apply themselves.

• Ke
      9th of Jul, 2008

*COMMENT NOT DIRECTED AT THE KIND AUTHOR OF THIS COMPLAINT, YOU DO DESERVE YOUR MONEY BACK, HOWEVER, COMMENT IS DIRECTED TOWARDS THE LESS EDUCATED ON THIS PAGE

I'm a carhop in Arizona and I can tell you right now, if your order is wrong, it was your fault. Obviously some of the people here are very uneducated and need to learn to spell. Its customers like you that order a "Dr. Pepsi", or "a large RT44 drink" or even press the red button only to say "hold on a minute" to the attendant answering(who has MUCH better things to do than to sit and wait for your sorry ### to get your order straight). Its people like you that say "uhhhhhhhhh" for 5 minutes in between ordering your drinks. If people would be calm, relax, discuss and settle your order before ACTUALLY ordering, I can promise you, your local Sonic Drive-in will run perfectly fine.

• Cz
      31st of Jul, 2008

FYI ONLY

I love your burgers! However...Your commercials with the persons visiting a Sonic are so bad I turn the channel immediately. They are really bad.

My son has been in the print and broadcast media for over 10 years and have seen the filming of commercials but these are reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaally terrible. I will not watch them nor the items they promote.

I will continue to purchase your delicious burgers. The location near our home do a great job on the burgers, food and service. But, your commercials are certainly not attention getters, in my opinion. I always change the channel as soon as they come on. I am at home quite a bit and have the TV on most of the time. Sure wish you would change your format and use other models. I am sure they are nice persons but the script and format could use a change.

• Pe
      15th of Sep, 2008

I go to SONIC drive-in in Bella Vista, AR on a regular basis. It used to be the best place to go and they always got your order right and if they did make a boo-boo you got a sincere apology and either your meal free or a discount or even coupons for other products or meals. Somehow, they always made it fair and right.

Of late, not so. I have no clue who the newer management is -but there has to be someone in the past six months because they always, always screw things up and rarely offer a sincere apology.

I won't be going there again -I used to go and pick up Large JAVA Chillers on a regular basis and usually a few times a month I'd even go and buy my fellow co-workers a tasty chiller for our break.

Last Sunday around PM I dropped by to pick up a Large Mocha Java Chiller and Large Java Chiller (no flavoring, just the coffee). The carhop came out and handed us the chillers and I asked her "Where are the straws?" WHile she goes in to get the straws I look at my CHiller and think "Holy smokes, my treat is only filled HALF way and has topping over it to cover it up. In the mean time, our chillers are melting -it's about 95 degrees that day and I finally ring the sonic and say "Hey, the car hop is suppose to bring us some straws????" OOOOH I am so sorry okay... she proceeds to take food to the next person and THEN she brings me the straws she now forgot TWICE. When she arrives I scold her in a nice way (at first) and request that she be more thoughtful and or if this is her first day to remember "take good care of your customers and you get good tips" ...I look at her and said "Look at my chiller I scoop back the whip topping and show her that is barely even half full and covered up with topping. She says "Oh, I'm sorry. Do you want me to fix that?" I thought GOOD LORD YES you idiot. I've only waited now a good 20 minutes as it is -what's another twenty minutes?

So, yesterday comes around and we try it once again -thinking THIRD times a charm?? correct??? Not so. This time BOTH java chillers are skimped below half full and topped with tons of whip topping. I ask the young car hop WHO is making these and she played dumb. "The night girl that closes"... I said, "Uh, huh... yes, I figured that, since it is close to closing time in two hours. What is her name? Did she work last Sunday?" She said "I don't know her name and I have no clue if she worked Sunday"

I looked at her and said "Play dumb all you want young lady and you will go far in this world." I will never go back and needless to say they did not receive a tip two of my trips in a row? How sad -what has happened to customer service and real care for a business? I wonder.

• Ti
      31st of Oct, 2008

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH KEN, UP ABOVE. :) HA.

• El
      29th of Apr, 2009

I am a fifth grader in Wichita, Ks and after our state tests we always go to the sonic by our school on harry, but this time we can't because of the new manager.He said he didn't want to deal with us.My teacher said"You can make 2, 000 dollars in profits."and he still said no.I think that manager should be fired if the sonic president knew what he was doing.

• Tr
      26th of May, 2009

Sonic personnel are mostly high school kids with very experience in customer service, but my Sonic in Calhoun, GA takes the cake. The kids walk off with your change, never to return. It seems they think they are owed this money for what I don't know. 2 drinks not properly made and he walks off with change saying something nasty, that I could not hear. I would have given him more, but if he was happy with the 5 cents, then so be it. This was the second time it's happened to us. As for me, never again will I tip these brats and I will definitely complain inside to get my change from now on, even if it's one cent. If they don't know how to subtract $1.95 from $2.00, remedial math is offered in every high sch0ol.

• Tr
      26th of May, 2009

Sorry the above should read, very "little" experience.

• So
      8th of Aug, 2009

I have to say that our orders are wrong all the time and it is NOT our fault as the ordering party. We have a large family, we try to avoid special orders for that reason as I know it's hard to get 3 kids meals and 3 combo's together without us adding special instructions to it. I usually just ask that lettuce be left off since it's kind of hard to scrape it off without losing all your mustard/mayo...etc. The rest we can pick off. But they can't even get that right. They mess up our drinks all the time, forget items in our bags...once they even forgot to put chicken and fries in the kids meal...!!! How does that happen? It's funny that we've actually changed the way we order, trying to make it easier for them, other than just ordering it the way we like it and making them do their job...wouldn't that be nice. We don't do this at other restaurants, so why should we have to do it at Sonic?

On the note about customers pressing the red button and then asking the order taker to wait...what's up with pressing the red button, then the order taker asking you to wait? I talk slowly, speak clearly and pause between each combo to give them time to have it entered still I get...'what was that?", "what was that last item?", "could you hang on a minute?"...it's ridiculous.

• Ba
      16th of Mar, 2010

@SonicinGa2

If your order isn't right, chances are it IS your fault. Normally it goes (or should go) like this:
    Press red button
    Asked to give your order
    Give your order
    Order repeated back to you
    Told total

Now, with all of that going on, if something isn't right, then there are usually one of two problems,
    1. The person taking the order is just learning (and when this is happening they usually have the headsets paired up so that someone else can check over the person learning)
    2. The customer is a failure at paying attention during the part where the order is repeated to them. Because of this, they often get their order and start ### because something is wrong, and talking about how people need to learn their job when it is them that need to learn to pay attention.

If you didn't figure it out, normally it's the second reason.

Also, as far as being asked "What was that?", "Could you hang on a minute?", etc., I'd hate to tell you, but you're not the only person being waited on, they aren't catering to only your wants. Normally they're probably helping cook stuck, put stuff in the friers, dress burgers, cook on the grill, etc. while trying to take your order. So it's plenty normal to miss something when you're concentrating on doing 2 other things also. Have you never been driving with the radio on and someone say something to you, and you have to ask them what they said because you were paying attention to the road and the music. Well, that's a good example. So stop complaining, they do their job, and for the most part they do a good job of doing it.

To er is human.

• Au
      18th of Mar, 2010

i think that it is stupid if you order food and you pay for it then you dont get it... i mean they should make sure everything is in the bag before they give it to you duh!!!1

• Th
      25th of Mar, 2010

I've had this problem with the people in sonic in that area not giving back you the change you are due. they just hire smart alecs.

• Ju
      11th of May, 2010

I work at a Sonic Drive-In as a cook but I am not inclined to agree either way since I hate the company I work for. What I will say is you are all right and wrong. Yes it's true they hire mostly high school kids who care nothing more for the job than to collect a paycheck every other week. No, most of them don't care whether or not you have a pleasant experience at Sonic. But the thing to remember is there is a reason we hate our jobs. :p Sonic treats their employees far worse than they've ever treated any customer, no doubt. I am a very hard working cook who is punctual and I have nearly perfect attendance for a year and a half now at the same store. I have asked my many bosses about a raise to no avail. I haven't even been offered a performance review telling me why I may or may not get a raise. One boss even "jokingly" said that the government mandated minimum wage increase WAS my raise. I know I'm not the only one. The store I work at has a messed up air conditioning unit they have yet to fix as temperatures in the kitchen rise to 100 degrees F and higher. Meanwhile, hot, aggrevated cooks are trying their best not to sweat in the food by accident. They understaff the place to keep a ridiculous standard of labor percentage so almost everyone is doing the job of 2 people. Now they have stopped letting us have a fan in the kitchen as our only means of cooling off. It's really getting ridiculous, I'd love to find another job but there aren't too many other job opportunities at this point in time. I can definitely relate to the unsatisfied customers but maybe the person bringing the food out isn't completely to blame. From when you order, the person listening to you is shouting out the order (in a perfect world) so the cooks can get started right away on long cook items. In our store the problems seem to start right after we the cooks put the finished product in the window to be bagged by the expeditor. This is generally the person to blame since they are responsible for making sure the order is set on the right tray with the right drinks. The carhops do have the final quality assurance check since they carry it out but during busy rushes they may just pick up the tray and run in an attempt to keep up with the also ridiculous deadlines. The company that runs our store is D.L Rogers Corp. By far and wide the worst company I have ever worked for. Thank you, have a nice day! :)

3rd of Jul, 2011

This is what I received when I order chili cheese fries not even enough for my five yr. Old never going there again.

• Ka
      11th of Jul, 2011

Maybe sometimes carhops don't give your 5 cents back because many of them are only making between $3-4 an hour. A lot of carhops do not make minimum wage, so please, tip them like a waitress, not a regular fast food worker. They'd probably be a lot more customer service oriented if you did.

• Rw
      13th of May, 2013

I am deeply disturbed about an incident that occurred at the 2400 Bayport Blvd Seabrook, TX 77586. At this Sonic Drive in the quality control is awful I had ordered two double cheeseburgers and two orders of French Fries for takeout and consumption at home with my wife. When I got home there was no cheese and one French Fries was missing so I called the store at (281) 474-4031so I could tell them about it, and was hung up twice. This store has poor control and rude employees and rip customers off.