Sonic Drive - In / service unsatisfactory / manager dismiss complaint

I am deeply disturbed about an incident that occurred at the Deridder La. Sonic Drive in. I ordered food and a drink which I did receive. The following day I was informed by a Sonic member in training that she heard the person who took my order say to another Sonic member that she was going to f--- my drink up. I immediately contacted the manager on duty(Mike) about this disturbing news and his response to me was ' the Sonic members in question had been with them for a long time and he could not believe they would do this.

This issue is not about the type of worker's they are for him, the issue is about me as a paying customer should be able to go to any public eating establishment and order any thing off the menu that I can afford to pay for and not have to wonder if my food or drink has been tampered with. The issue is about my being reassured by the manager on duty that 'if this occurred", the matter would be looked into and that I would be assured this would never happen again, but none of this was done on my behalf. I was not even offered a free drink the next time I ordered, although there will never be a next time.I am outraged even more because the manager 'informed the Sonic members in question that a Catrina Blake called and said they tampered with her drink. To me, this is very unprofessional because by disclosing my name to his worker's, it only opened up a can of worms between myself and those worker's. Manager's lead by example, or they suppose to, and this manager does not demand from those worker's the satisfactory service to the public that they are suppose to display. There is a history of personal events surrounding myself and the member's in question, but I know without a doubt that these feelings have no place in the workplace. Something has to be done about this because I refuse to lay down and let this thing go because they(the member's in question)have worked for (Mike) the manager a long time."

Comments

• Mi
      10th of Dec, 2007

I visited the Sonic drive-thru and was upset when I had to wait 20 minutes for a kids meal and cheese sticks. Once I finally received my order it was cold and not to mention how sick I became not even an hour after I was done eating. On several occasions the employees aren't in uniform and at times i've even had my food delivered by personnel in pajamas. On another occasion I went for breakfast and they had a baby running around in pajamas. There has also been numerous times where I park only to have to wait for all the employees to finish there smoke break while sitting outside with no one in the store. With them sitting outside another time they didnt even know I was at the drive-thru waiting to place an order. The customer service at this Sonic is HORRIBLE and after talking with other people they too received the same service. I will never again be visiting the this supposed "fast food" place seeing as how theres nothing fast about it. I will be sure to tell everyone about the bad service this establishment has to offer. Then again everyone seems to know this already.

• M
      10th of Mar, 2008

The Sonic in Kingfisher, Oklahoma is the WORST Sonic there is. All of the employees are dirty looking and the food is horrible. I have gone there and ordered a crispy chicken toaster and after biting into it, it was RAW!!! I guess I didn't learn my lesson, because I went back on 2 more seperate occasions and got 2 more raw chicken sandwiches!!! On another occasion I ordered a salad, how can you mess up a salad??, there was a dead fly in my salad. GROSS. I can't remember the last time I went there and the food was actually hot. Everyone I talk to hates our Sonic, it is HORRIBLE. Most other Sonics in the city, Piedmont, and even Hennessey are great. The workers look nice and are pleasant. Why do we have to have a disgusting sonic?? They finally got a new manager not that long ago and they got rid of all the employees and hired new ones, but that didn't last long. The previous workers are back. I WILL NEVER EAT HERE AGAIN, as won't lots of other people I talk too.

• Mi
      14th of Apr, 2008

Last week on Monday I purchased food from the Fry rd. Sonic in Katy Texas come to find out the food order was wrong and the food was very rich in flavor not only that the nasty stuff got me sick. I tried to call the location immediatley. I was advised the phone had been out for days. The next night after class I drove back by the restaurant the little punk in chsrge acted stupid he didn't care about the problem I encountered the night before. So I contacted the complaint department the told me that the generalo manager would get back with me but until this date no replyat all. I think thats very soory to treat the customer that way. If you can please email me or call my home Phone is (832)-593-6543 !

Sincerely,

Michael Linbrugger

9th of May, 2008

I feel the same way about Sonic. They always get my order wrong and end up taking forever to bring me the right one. Just recently I went to the Sonic on South Tryon and when they took my order they didnt let me finish what I wanted. When I pulled up to the window they gave me the wrong drink and took too long on bringing me my monzarella sticks and when they did they didnt even know that I was out there. I asked for my drink that I asked for and when they brought it out it still wasnt really a slushy. When I got home and I started eating my fries they tasted like they werent even cooked.

Sinceraly,
    Jory

16th of May, 2008

I was onced employeed at the jennings louisiana sonic and I am no longer there due to (not mentioning any names) the bosses daughter. She is young and isnt in any management field but is a carhop like the rest of the girls. She talks to people like they are dogs, screaming and hollering at them. You can only sit there and take it because if you reply or try to defend yourself, you will be threatened with termination by her father. If you are not terminated immediately, you can expect that it wont be long for daring to say anything to his daughter. I have witnessed her such utter disrespect for many but especially some of the older and elderly workers. They have such a turn over at this place because of her and no one wants to do anything. I doubt the higher ups know this is going on or they would possibly do something. Its just out of control, her behavior and utter lack of respect. Because her father is the manager she can say and do what she wants to do and with no consequences. If it were my child behaving in such a manner, trust me I would be bending her over my knee, no matter what her age but then again - my children were taught much better than that.

• Co
      16th of May, 2008

I used to work for sonic in jennings and dont any more because of the bosses daughter. She is not a manager at all but plays the part well. Because she is daddys daughter and her dad runs the place she talks to people any old kind of way. The older and elderly employees she yells and screams at them with no ounce of respect. Obviously she was never taught to respect her elders and is nothing more than a spoiled brat. She makes a lot of the girls cry. If you say anything to her or try to defend yourself, her daddy WILL fire you. So the end result is take her mess or quit. Corporate office doesnt know and no one is going to tell because some really need their jobs. If there is any one willing to stand up and speak for the employees of jennings, we would appreciate it because she is out of control and suffers no consequences. If you want to know what the problem is at tat location, its her. If you ever had issues at the jennings location, apologies are in order. We walk a tight rope there when her or her father are there and hope you will take that fact into consideration. Thanks,

• Mo
      7th of Jun, 2008

I agree with everyone. The sonic here is awful. I don't even eat the food anymore. It takes them 20 minutes just to take the order. I used to go get drinks and the last time I went I ordered a Java chiller. When they brought it out it was so melted that it was like drinking melted ice cream. They didn't evn bother to put whip cream on the top. It tasted terrible. I am never going back!

• Ke
      16th of Aug, 2008

what you dont know waxahachie sonic thinks they can deep fry any thing thats right burgers hot dogs bacon even grilled chicken this is all after 5:00pm and when i complained to our management they cut my hours

21st of Aug, 2008

I am so sorry that you guys have had such a bad experience with sonics and sonic employees. I have worked at sonics off and on for 8 years, (mainly a part time job to supplement my income) the sonics that i have worked at have always been of the upmost caliber and treat their customers with nothing but respect. In the stores I have been in we strive for excellent customer service, I know my regulars by name, and if orders do take a long time because we have a crazy rush I make sure that they are compensated. Again I am so sorry!

• Je
      11th of Nov, 2008

You guys need to worry more about tipping these poor girls and filing complaints either with 1 800 number or with the management. If youd dont like the food dont eat there. If you have a bad experience dont leave without having it corrected.

The manager at the Jennings, La location always fixes the mess ups and tries so hard to make up for the mess ups. But you guys blame the car hops and there is a turn over because they work for tips. If you dont tip them, of course they will quit. I would too. The manager is too nice to fire anyone. Thats the reason for the turn over. If you cant afford to tip the car hops go to McDonalds or Burger King or somewhere that the employees dont work for tips. They walk all day to many many cars, giving you good service, they dont make the orders but get them out to you as soon as they are available to be delivered and you sip your drinks and cram your faces while they are still walking trying to make tips and get not even a dime from more than half the people that get a good meal and good service. SHAME ON YOU! At least they are holding a job and not living off the goverment...or maybe they are because you cant scrounge a dime or at times even a few pennies to tip them. TSK TSK TSK. America is over weight but thanks to you all, the car hops at Sonic remain thin. The less you tip, the thinner they get. LOL...start tipping.

• Sl
      17th of Jul, 2009

Houston, TX 8600 Block of Westheimer.

The service was unprofessional, slow...and I drove off waiting after 14 minutes. I ordered 2 grape Route 44 Slushes----AND THERE WER ONLY 2 CARS IN THE PARKING LOT. I buzzed in to re-order and some guy talking really really fast confirmed he had my order...then he hung up the speakerphone. I drove off.
    This location is slow--dirty and that was my second visit. The prior visit I orderd the same but the slushes were drink consistency. I wanted the THICKER slush consitency, not the drink--which I think they made. The guy argued they were the slushes. I didnt agree. I asked for a credit and it took them 20 mnutes to do that. I'll never there again. I hope they change personnel.

• Pi
      14th of Dec, 2009

I want to file my own complaint about a Sonic in Augusta, GA. Friday I went to the one on Mike Padgett Highway. The people there told me that I could not use a coupon in conjunction with another coupon. If that is the case, it needs to be written on the coupon. I tried to order a free onion with a buy one get one free coney dog. I have been able to do this in the past but now I am told that I cannot do this. I have complained about the service at this particular restaurant before. The cashier told me that this coupon could not be used on top of another coupon and that a coney dog is not a sandwich. If it is on bread it is a sandwich no matter what category your menu has it listed under. She also told me that they are under new management and that the old manager would let you do that but the new manager would not. I had also order a hamburger for my daughter. The lettuce was wilted and fell out of the bun when she was eating it. Also, I paid for the onion rings that I wanted with the coney dog. I got 5 onion rings for over $2.oo. I can buy an onion and the mix to make onion rings for that much. I have a nephew who worked at another sonic location who was let go because he wasn't "fast enough". Everyone who were high school students were let go for the same reason. The only kept on was a high school drop out who could work whatever hours they needed him. If this is the requirement for being hired, then there should not be anyone there at all.

• Dh
      18th of Dec, 2009

Well Pierce, I hate to break it to you, but the official coupons do have it written on them at the bottom. It says "Not valid in conjunction with any other offer". That would include combo purchases. For instance, if you had a Buy One, Get One Free Regular Sonic Burger coupon, the burger you pay for cannot be used towards a combo when you use the coupon. It has been this way for many years. Some managers make an exception there. However, Sonic technically doesn't permit it. Also, the coupons say "Valid only a participating locations" meaning they can deny the coupon at any time for any reason. Lastly, who in the world considers any type of hotdog (even a coney) a sandwich?

Definitions from www.merriam-webster.com-
    Sandwich: two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between
    Hotdog: frank heated and served in a long split roll

Lay off the employees dude. At least they are working and not using your tax dollars to buy their groceries.

• Ms
      8th of Apr, 2010

I would like to leave a complaint on a manager at the Ocean Springs, Ms Sonic (Christy).. I have just found out that she has been bringing her child to work with her.. Im am sure that would be against their rules.. It also seems like that would be neglet since she is getting paid to work and would not be properly able to watch her child..

• Ms
      27th of Jan, 2011

I ordered a cherry limeade from sonic. Drunk the drink, took top off to pour my water over the ice and there was HAIR all in my cup!!!

• Nw
      21st of Jul, 2012

Bus 287 sonic sucks ###! Sometimes drinks are ok!

It the only real thing they got!