SnapFish / shipping deception!

1 RI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 803-289-6409

I too wish I had read the complaints on this website before patronizing snapfish. I ordered a photo ornament on december 11, after confirming on the snapfish website that I would receive it in time for christmas. I was pleased to get an email on december 17 stating that it had shipped. When I hadn't received it by christmas eve, I emailed customer support and received an email that seemed to ignore then fact that christmas is a "time is of the essence" kind of date, blamed the delay on the post office and stated that it left their hands on the 17th. Sort of like - "we know it's frustrating, but it's the post office's fault, not ours - - let us know how it turns out. "

Well I was suspicious because the us post office usually has its stuff together. And why didn't snapfish give me a usps track and confirm code? So when I got the package on december 28th, I saw that there was a usps track and confirm code right on the front of the envelope. So I want to the post office website and entered it. Now, the usps website won't tell you when the package with electronic postage was shipped - - snapfish said dec 17 - - but it will tell you when the shipping label was printed - - december 20th. So... Unless the us post office is conspiring to ruin snapfish's reputation, it appears that snapfish has lied to me.

I have emailed the customer service rep to give this company a chance to explain itself, but based on the other complaints on this website, I doubt they'll be able to. I understand that quality can sometimes be and issue and that from time to time a mistake can be made - - but this goes to the ethics of a company. You either have them or you don't. I still leave room for the fact that this could be an isolated instance, but based on the other comments here, I don't think i'll ever use snapfish again.

Ma

Comments

• Ka
      15th of Jun, 2008

when my father's day gift didn't arrive on time - I went to see if snapfish had any complaints. As with this customer, I see that I had a similar situation. I ordered with enough time to for my gift to arrive by father's day...they said it shipped on the 9th - would taske 3-5 business days - still not here on the 14th - hence not here on the 15th-father's day. I called snapfish - do they outsourse to India? that alone always angers me...Final outcome - no explanation why I hadn't received my order - got a credit for 20 free prints. They should hgive you a tracking number!

• Dr
      19th of Nov, 2008

I am just too busy: I spent half an hour finding where I could place an order on Sunday.
    Can't find...
    Thinking that I missed the deadline.

On Monday, your email extended the Oprah freebook deadline.
    I spent the whole morning trying to just find the place that says "PLACE THE ORDER."

I explained so to your live-agents.

You smart live-telephone agents (3 of them and I already waited averagely one hour each)always made me wait to check my account (after I waited, then POP, the link which I have read 100 times and still canNOT find where to place the order popped up.

I tried Monday evening going through the steps-- There were NO LIVE Agents in thek evening-- and still fail (I emailed and it was like a catch-20, also no-return within 24 hours as indicated.)

So spent Tuesday morning, the whole morning, asking your live-telephone agents... Why would I still do that?

"Tuesday morning's wait is longer and the agents were NOT ANY MORE HELPFUL THAN the day before.

Last night I tried again and went through the routine of reading your hel-link then doing it step by step... I STILL COULD NOT FIND "PLACE THE ORDER."

This morning I found your belated email; please just read your email...[Here is Snapfish agents's email:

"Hi Catherine,

"Thank you for writing to us.
    We certainly regret any inconvenience.

As per our records you have a free credit for FREE PHOTO BOOK. To use this credit please place an order for standard 20 page 8 x 11 custom cover photo book.This credit expires on 11/22/2008.
    You can place an order now and the credit will automatically apply for your customer cover photo book and you need pay shipping charge.

Snapfish is committed to your satisfaction, and we make every effort to meet your expectations.
    Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance."]

Do you see if you are more helpful than any of the previous Snapfish agents?

I decided that I give up receiving Oprah's free photo album from you because I think that free gift is costing me too much, already.

For the Complaints Readers: I have used mail- order since years ago and have quite a lot of experiences with mail-orders and customer-helps...