Having problems with Snapfish?

Snapfish reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 19, 2006. The latest review Delay in delivery was posted on Jul 12, 2021. The latest complaint wrong prints received was resolved on Dec 01, 2014. Snapfish has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 73 reviews. Snapfish has resolved 18 complaints.

Snapfish Customer Service Contacts

Thu11:00 AM - 8:30 PM
Fri11:00 AM - 8:30 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Snapfish Customer Service. Initial Snapfish complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Snapfish above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Snapfish. Discuss the issues you have had with Snapfish and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Snapfish Complaints & Reviews, Page 4

SnapFish — poor prints and poor customer service

Hi, I have been using snapfish for almost a year now and up until January this year they have been very good...

SnapFish — unauthorized charges!

This is under investigation at this time. However I feel I should let people know of the scam that is going...

Snapfish By Hpfraud and cheating!

We received a Shrek 3 DVD for Christmas of 2007. There was an "Instant Win" game piece attached to the DVD. Upon opening the game piece, we noticed we had won 25- 4"x6" photo prints. When we went to the website (www.snapfish.com/shrekprints) provided to redeem our prize, we received a screen indicating that the site was shut down until January 17, 2008 do to fraud. I have been trying several times per day to redeem the game piece since January 17th but all I keep getting is that the site is very busy do to the holidays. The holidays are over so why are receiving this message and what type of scam is this company pulling? I am frustrated and angered and will be boycotting this company until such times my complaint has been satisfied.

I have also filed a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau, Hewlett Packrd, and [redacted]s!

mario bronzino Feb 23, 2008

Whats up with this faulse shrek instant win drama they say ive won 25 4"x 6 photo prints by hp??? Snapfish well there a bounch of fraudes im really upset.

Janet Shave Feb 19, 2008

tried to claim my 25 prints 4x6 and nothing came up. Is this the scam of the picture takers or what? If this is not what it shows to be then where is hewlett-packert denieing being part of this scam.

Snapfish / Shrekprintsbad sale

I brought a shrek dvd and it said I won some free picture prints but once I went on line it said the prize alredy been claimed. I would like to know how you win something and cant claim it.

• Tr
        trey Apr 25, 2008

why would these people put the chance to win games on these movies! all it is, is a big fat scame to get people to by that movie, get online like me and it turns out to be some scam.

• Li
        Linda Gross Feb 19, 2008

I purchased Shrek 3 and tried to redeem my prize of 25 4x6 photo prints. I received only fraud and scam messages. I was not able to redeem my prize.

• Ot
        ottoimken Feb 06, 2008

Hello,

I am very sorry for the trouble you experienced. I am the Worldwide Customer Support Manager for Snapfish and I will be glad to issue you 25 free prints since this code does not seem to be working. Please send me your Snapfish account email address and I will issue these credits to your account directly.

Thanks, Otto

Otto Imken
        Worldwide Customer Service Manager
        Snapfish Division, Hewlett-Packard

tel: +[protected]
        e-mail: [email protected]

SnapFishshipping deception!

I too wish I had read the complaints on this website before patronizing snapfish. I ordered a photo ornament on december 11, after confirming on the snapfish website that I would receive it in time for christmas. I was pleased to get an email on december 17 stating that it had shipped. When I hadn't received it by christmas eve, I emailed customer support and received an email that seemed to ignore then fact that christmas is a "time is of the essence" kind of date, blamed the delay on the post office and stated that it left their hands on the 17th. Sort of like - "we know it's frustrating, but it's the post office's fault, not ours - - let us know how it turns out. "

Well I was suspicious because the us post office usually has its stuff together. And why didn't snapfish give me a usps track and confirm code? So when I got the package on december 28th, I saw that there was a usps track and confirm code right on the front of the envelope. So I want to the post office website and entered it. Now, the usps website won't tell you when the package with electronic postage was shipped - - snapfish said dec 17 - - but it will tell you when the shipping label was printed - - december 20th. So... Unless the us post office is conspiring to ruin snapfish's reputation, it appears that snapfish has lied to me.

I have emailed the customer service rep to give this company a chance to explain itself, but based on the other complaints on this website, I doubt they'll be able to. I understand that quality can sometimes be and issue and that from time to time a mistake can be made - - but this goes to the ethics of a company. You either have them or you don't. I still leave room for the fact that this could be an isolated instance, but based on the other comments here, I don't think i'll ever use snapfish again.

• Dr
          Dr. Catherine Fung Nov 19, 2008

I am just too busy: I spent half an hour finding where I could place an order on Sunday.
          Can't find...
          Thinking that I missed the deadline.

On Monday, your email extended the Oprah freebook deadline.
          I spent the whole morning trying to just find the place that says "PLACE THE ORDER."

I explained so to your live-agents.

You smart live-telephone agents (3 of them and I already waited averagely one hour each)always made me wait to check my account (after I waited, then POP, the link which I have read 100 times and still canNOT find where to place the order popped up.

I tried Monday evening going through the steps-- There were NO LIVE Agents in thek evening-- and still fail (I emailed and it was like a catch-20, also no-return within 24 hours as indicated.)

So spent Tuesday morning, the whole morning, asking your live-telephone agents... Why would I still do that?

"Tuesday morning's wait is longer and the agents were NOT ANY MORE HELPFUL THAN the day before.

Last night I tried again and went through the routine of reading your hel-link then doing it step by step... I STILL COULD NOT FIND "PLACE THE ORDER."

This morning I found your belated email; please just read your email...[Here is Snapfish agents's email:

"Hi Catherine,

"Thank you for writing to us.
          We certainly regret any inconvenience.

As per our records you have a free credit for FREE PHOTO BOOK. To use this credit please place an order for standard 20 page 8 x 11 custom cover photo book.This credit expires on 11/22/2008.
          You can place an order now and the credit will automatically apply for your customer cover photo book and you need pay shipping charge.

Snapfish is committed to your satisfaction, and we make every effort to meet your expectations.
          Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance."]

Do you see if you are more helpful than any of the previous Snapfish agents?

I decided that I give up receiving Oprah's free photo album from you because I think that free gift is costing me too much, already.

For the Complaints Readers: I have used mail- order since years ago and have quite a lot of experiences with mail-orders and customer-helps...

• Ka
          kathy Jun 15, 2008

when my father's day gift didn't arrive on time - I went to see if snapfish had any complaints. As with this customer, I see that I had a similar situation. I ordered with enough time to for my gift to arrive by father's day...they said it shipped on the 9th - would taske 3-5 business days - still not here on the 14th - hence not here on the 15th-father's day. I called snapfish - do they outsourse to India? that alone always angers me...Final outcome - no explanation why I hadn't received my order - got a credit for 20 free prints. They should hgive you a tracking number!

Snapfish.comfraudulent charge!

I downloaded my pictures to Snapfish.com and they were "supposedly" shipped on 12/5/07. I waited for a couple of weeks and no pictures and nothing on the website other than they charged my credit card! Called on 12/26/07 and had to wait at least 10min while the customer no-service person said it would be shipped out immediately and they had my pictures. The website showed they were shipped out 12/27/07 and I still haven't received them. Nothing on my personal website showing the pictures... They were supposed to be shipped out for overnight delivery since they never shipped them in the first place. Where are the pictures?

Last time I ever use this company... so beware!

• Gr
            Grego Nov 24, 2009

I was about to order 30 mini-photobooks from Snapfish, using their 50% off code that they emailed me ("50% off all photobooks for the next four days, " etc.) After getting my photos into the online templates, I found out during checkout that there would be an almost $50 charge for shipping and handling!!! Yes...that is FIFTY BUCKS!! Needless to say, I didn't press the "send order" button...they can keep their 50 percent...I'll take my business somewhere else.

• St
            Stephanie Joy Dec 30, 2007

My experience with Snapfish has been superb, this Dec. (2007) being the first time I used them. I created and ordered several "everday" photo books - they were lovely and shipped within a day or 2 of ordering. Then I ordered photo ornaments, also quite timely and lovely products...I am creating a leather photo album but haven't ordered it yet as I am still proofreading my captions, etc. I wonder how many poor experiences have occurred. I couldn't have been happier with my experience and will use them again and again and again. (Unless I have a poor Customer No-Service exerience if SnapFish were to err.)

Mandy Dec 30, 2007

I agree. I have just had a similar problem with Snapfish. I placed an Order on Dec 11 for a Christmas ornament. the website showed that it shipped on the 17th and met the deadlines to arrive in time for Christmas. When it wasn't here by Christmas Eve, I send an email and they promised it had left their hands on the 17th and blamed the post office.

I received the ornament on the 28th and saw that there was a US Postal Service track and confirm code on the envelope, so I went to the USPS website to check and see when it was shipped. Well, you can't tell exactly when it was shipped from that, but I was able to tell that it DID NOT ship on the 17th like they said -- because the label wasn't even printed until the 20th!

Unless the post office is wrong, Snapfish lied to me. And I don't patronize a company with such low ethical standards. BEWARE!

SnapFish — scam and cheating!

To redeem your free prize visit / www.snapfish.com/shrekprints but when you do it. It said you need to buy...

SnapFish — no customer service!

Let me start by saying that I wish I would have seen the complaints on this website prior to ordering from...

SnapFishdidn't receive order, no response from customer service

I ordered photo gifts from snapfish on nov 26th, figuring that would give me plenty of time for them to arrive for christmas. Well, it's dec 17th, I haven't received my order yet, and even though the customer support page promises 1 day response time, it's been five days since i've contacted them, and I haven't gotten a response yet. Their lack of phone number is really making me mad.

• Ju
              June Jan 18, 2008

I have ordered photos from them last weekend. Should be with me within 1-3 days as they promised. However, nothing coming yet!!! I think they are rubbish!

• Ka
              Karen Chow Jan 17, 2008

Just an update: I filled in a form on their web site with some harsher language, and I finally got a response from them. They did end up sending me my photo gifts order, but it was shoddy. It looked like a kids crafts project: bubbles in the mug, and white glaze spilled over the photo area on the ceramic snowflake.

• Cl
              Claire Segura Dec 31, 2007

I agree. Ordered enlargements from them that I have never gotten. On contacting the customer service was told to keep waiting. I am not a ### it does not take a month for the mail to move. Have supposedly been given a refund on my credit card, however, it is not showing. Am alerting my state attorney and better business bureau.

SnapFishprogram deleted after downloading snapfish!

I thought that the snapfish program sounded great... Upload your photos to snapfish and they will also be downloaded into your picture files... Well no it didn't happen that way. Once I downloaded the snapfish program I was no longer able to download my digital photos directly to my files... I've sent many many emails for assistance with no answers from snapfish.

My photos have been hijacked and the "deal" with snapfish is not a deal... Beware and don't download this program to your computer.

• Rl
                rlyan Dec 30, 2008

Here's how to download the photos from Snapfish to your computer without paying for them.

On SnapFish, view a slideshow of the photos you want to download. It doesn't matter which photo of the slideshow you have enlarged when you do the following, as long as you know the title of the photo(s) you want to download. View the page's source (View: Source, in Internet Explorer). In the source, search for the title of the photo you want to download. Look for the first URL that appears above the photo's title, it should start with ""http://images1b.snapfish.com/". Copy and paste the entire URL into your web browser and hit enter. If you did it right, the image will appear by itself and you can right click it and save it to your computer.

• St
                Steve Feb 27, 2008

What the??? Apparently, they allow their uses to upload and share photos, but the do not allow *even the owner* of these images to download them without paying for them!

Check this out:

1. Take photos with digital camera

2. Upload to Snapfish

3. Click 'Download Hi-Res'

4. Pay $.50 for the first photo and $.05 for each with a maximum of 50 photos per 'download'.

What??? Obviously, never use Snapfish for anything, they will sell you your own files! If you uploaded 256 photos, it would cost you $14.75 for the 250, and .75 for the remaining 6, a total of $15.50 to download the files you own.

It owuld make sense for them to charge if they processed your film, but come on, if you upload, you shouldn't have to pay to download!

Bad business, avoid!

• Cl
                Clint Chapel Jan 09, 2008

Read before you download! You CAN upload your pics to SnapFish from your PC, OR you can download the software (what you did) and upload your camera directly to SnapFish. Just remove the software and you'll be fine.

SnapFish — poor service!

Every year, I make a photo book for my daughter, and we view it as a family the night of her birthday...

Snapfish.com — lost pictures, poor customer service!

Snapfish sent me someone else's pictures and they were double exposed with someone else's picture...

SnapFishshipping scam!

I hope no one is trying to get the Christmas photo cards from Snapfish. I started 12/10 and thought, yes thought I had plenty of time because I was going to use the 2nd day shipping. It is 12/19 and I still don't have them. After emailing the customer service, or lack of, I find out they sent them regular mail. And after I demanded my money back, I was refunded a big $4 for the difference in shipping.

I just can't seem to get "Charlie" to understand getting your Christmas cards as this late makes the total order useless. I have asked for a refund 3 times, but all I get is that they should be delivered in 5-7 days. So, maybe I should have made my message: "Thanks to Snapfish, hope you HAD a nice Christmas"?

I would have never ordered these cards had there not been a 2nd day option for shipping... I am not wondering, was that just a scam to get people to spend their money for something that will come so late you can't even use it???

• Ki
                  Kimatt11 Nov 12, 2018

This i's the first time i've used snap fish and will certainly be the last... I ordered some photos but I am extremely unhappy due to half of them having my daughters head cropped off them!!! It's rediculous!!! I would like a full refund please and I certainly won't be using you again and will tell my friends and family to go elsewhere too!

Comments

• Sy
                  syndeelohoo Oct 22, 2018

I ordered a photo album for my husband's 60th birthday party. The photos in the album and the reprints have a yellowish tint. I printed out a photo on my copier and it wasn't yellow like what your company printed out.
                  I have used your company to print several other photo albums for my niece's
                  bridal shower and the albums came out great!

Comments

• Ju
                  Julie 123 Aug 20, 2018

We ordered some photo of you and they have come back terrible with head missing off half car they are not like what we sent in computer they are under my mums name Celia Scott 14 moorland cresent staincross if you can look into this please as we have had some before and they were great thank you

• Al
                  alhassan ibrahim Jul 06, 2008

hello i found it difficault to do shoping in snapfish especially when it come to upload photo i fount it difficault so i want to have a procedure from you

• Ni
                  Nicole Kelly Jan 09, 2008

Really glad I found this site. I ordered Christmas presents from snapfish that arrived way later than estimated. I printed a picture of the present for Christmas day since I didn't have the gift. I didn't even check if it was mailed in a different manner but regardless I was more than unhappy with the snapfish's shipping estimate and actual shipping time. I thought it was a fluke with Christmas time but now that I've read these compliants I am not placing any orders with snapfish until the shrekprints issue is resolved- the website says Jan 17th or later. After I order receive my free prints I want to evaluate the quality before I give them any more orders.

• Je
                  jessica lane Dec 19, 2007

I have had a very similar problem with my photo ornaments order...advertised as 50% off! Then they are dumfounded as to why the demand was so high, and now they can't get their act together to get people their products on time!!!

The Constumer Service reps are incompetent and nothing gets DONE UNLESS YOU DEMAND IT... ### - i thought that was what my $200 paid for!

Let's get the word out! Snapfish promises services they can't deliever... this company is a fraud!