Skechers USA, Inc. / sneakers sole fell off

United States Review updated:

I bought a pair of Sketcher's sneakers for my son in September 2010. By January, I found that the sole was falling off his sneakers. The guy at the shoe repair place said they were made with water soluble glue and it would be $20 to fix it, which is ridiculous for a $40 pair of shoes. I can't figure out who to ask for my money back. The outlet store in Waterloo, NY that we got the shoes at said they wouldn't take them back after a month. They told me to contact sketchers.com, but it looks like the website only takes returns for shoes bought on their website.

Li

Comments

• Li
      Feb 02, 2012
    Skechers USA Inc. - I have never been treated this poorly by a business in my life
    Skechers USA Inc.

In January I purchased a pair of shoes from the Skechers in the Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi, Michigan. Upon returning home I realized I was sold 2 different size shoes. Unfortunately, I live over an hour away so could not return immediately to take them back. Upon returning to the store, I was told I could not return them because it had been longer than 30 days since the purchase. I would have gladly kept the shoes in the first place if they had been the same size. I am quite disgusted with the customer service at this store. I had to wait 15 minutes before someone even asked why I was at the front counter, and this was after I had to yell to the back store room to ask if there was someone available to help me. I was told to wait for the manager who took another 5 minutes. I continued to wait, then was told I could not return the shoes. I asked the manager why not as the mistake was yours, not mine. She repeated the same info to me about it being past 30 days and said I should have called immediately upon realizing the shoes weren't the same size. I didn't realize a call would have fixed this, and this was not written on my receipt. I couldn't have returned the shoes any sooner anyway. The manager was impolite and clearly did not want to be troubled with my dilemma. She proceeded to process a credit before I agreed. I have no desire to use a store credit or ever purchase this brand again after how I was treated in their store. I've been wearing these shoes for about 12 years now, my husband and daughter wear them as well.

I will never purchase this brand again. They've definitely lost a very loyal customer. I have NEVER been treated this poorly by a business in my life. I really thought Skechers was one of the better businesses out there, but I was very very wrong. I've been sure tell every single person I know about this, as well as ones I don't.

Feb 02, 2012

"I've been wearing these shoes for about 12 years now, my husband and daughter wear them as well. I will never purchase this brand again. They've definitely lost a very loyal customer. I have NEVER been treated this poorly by a business in my life."

I understand your frustration perfectly. However, since you waited longer than the 30 day return period, at least part of the resposnsibility for being in a position of disagreement lies with you. As for the manager, it sounds like she was unhelpful, which is a perfectly understandable point of frustration. But since she gave you a credit and you said that you liked/wanted the shoes (if they were the right size), you now have what you wanted. So all in all, I don't really understand how your complaint relates to the whole company, as you seem to have been more than happy with their products for more than a decade.