Sit N Sleep /S.E.Kluft (Aireloom) / mattress failure, warranty not honored

1 Murrieta, CA, United States

We purchased a Serenity king mattress from Sit and Sleep in Murrieta, CA in May 2016 order number [protected]. It failed the first month we had it, tried to return it and was convinced by the staff member there that it just needed to be broken in more. Finally we could stand it no longer as my husband and I have bad backs.

In December 2016 we had had enough and contacted the store manager . We had an inspection done and the mattress was deemed to be defective. We did an exchange for and PAID for a firmer mattress thinking that would eliminate future problems. The mattress was wonderful for 2 months, then began sagging and sagging and sagging. Now we are waking with back aches again.

I contacted the store manager, the THIRD since we made our initial purchase. I asked her for a refund so we could purchase a mattress elsewhere. She said to me "I will tell you what is NOT going to happen, We are NOT going to issue you a refund". She said we could look at other mattresses IF this mattress is inspected and deemed a failure. The Aireloom is supposed to be their BEST mattress so WHY WOULD WE WANT A LESSER QUALITY MATTRESS?

Again, an inspection was done. After not hearing from them after a reasonable time, I called and was told there would be NO EXCHANGE as the mattress was ONE HALF INCH under the fail requirements. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. WE PAID $3400 for a mattress WE CANNOT COMFORTABLY SLEEP ON.

Let me tell you that I purchased an Aireloom mattress because over 20 years ago I had purchased an Aireloom Rip Van Winkle mattress that had a 30 year warranty (at that time). We slept on it several years and it is in our guest room now. We have had extended guests over the last few years and it does not show even a slight impression. It looks the way it did when I bought it. THAT was a mattress worth the money I paid back then. THAT WAS WHEN AIRELOOM WAS A QUALITY MATTRESS.

The only thing I can say at this point is since Kluft bought out Aireloom the quality has gone straight down hill. I am disappointed and outraged at the prices they charge for sub standard junk.

I asked for A FULL REFUND. I was told "It is not going to happen..."So?? Sit N Sleep keeps my money (that I am still paying on) and I am forced to buy another mattress I guess.

Janis Uriarte