Sirius XM Radio / subscription cancellation refusal policy

1 United States

Today I had great difficulty canceling my SiriusXM subscription because their employees are required to prevent you from doing so at all costs.

Today I received a letter from SiriusXM Radio informing me that my annual subscription was about to automatically renew at a cost of $228.53 for their minimum service. Last year I paid just under $100! I called to cancel because I am retired and I am no longer in my car long enough at one time to make it worth even a token amount (I have driven less than 2100 miles since January 1) and that is absolutely true.

The first person I talked to didn't have the ability or authority to cancel it and tried to, over and over again, convince me that I should not cancel (10 minutes of my time). I kept telling her, "...No! Please just cancel it..." several times and finally asked to speak to a supervisor. She argued with me some more for several minutes and then transferred me to a non-supervisor who proceeded to repeat the process for a full thirty-minutes. Time after time I told her I did not want any more sales pitches to just cancel my order. I finally told her that I would not renew my subscription and that if she did not immediately cancel it, I would report SiriusXM to both state officials and the Federal Trade Commission. After a few more sales pitches over my protests, I made it clear to her that I would never again do business with Sirius and that I would let everyone know about how I was treated. She finally reluctantly relented and processed the cancelation.

I talked to my wife afterwards and she reminded me that the same thing happened to her when she tried to cancel her subscription last year. This was obviously their company policy that was being followed.

Consider this a warning before you agree to even a trial offer from SiriusXM.

Ba