Sirius/ XM Radio / rip off

Sirius is a RIP OFF!! Their customer service passes you around like a hot fir cracker. They have a strict strategic sales pitch, Lifetime subscription 1st. Which makes no sense if you are smart. They want you to pay 499.99 + a music royality fee of 76.50. But a lifetime subscription doesn't transfer to another vehicle if you sell your car and if your radio breaks you have to pay to replace it. They bill your credit card automatically after you complete your intial subscription hoping that you will forget to cancel. The use homebased agents to handle their calls, that are not trained, that send you in a complete circles. No supervisors will have come to the phone because their really aren't any. The best strategy to handle their customer service, is to threaten to cancel your service, they will transfer you to a department that will bargin with you on a cheaper price. Now is it fair that some customers pay 142.45 for an annual subscription then others who state they want to cancel can get an annual subscription for 77.70. or 5 months for 20 dollars. All of the customer service representatives will tell you something different everytime you call. They make false deals to sign you up and then bill you something that you didn't agree to later. They call you while you are at work, and they use agents with strong accents so you can't understand what they are saying.

Comments

• Si
      2nd of Jul, 2013

I generally let it lapse and wait for a deal offer. I called last year for a 6 month renewal - for $30. I paid per credit card and made it expressly clear to destroy my card # after the charges went through. I was told no problem.
    Being trusting, I forgot about the issue and moved on.
    I just called after a letter re: renewal. It turns out I was charged $188 for a year and they kept my credit card number on file and would have renewed had I not called!
    I am furious with them! They had the gaul to say it would be a $2 fee to delete my card number, but they would be kind and waive it. They offered me many deals. I offered them mine: free for a year to make up for the cheat they pulled on me. They said no, so I offered to post the truth on the internet. If I cost them a few customers, then I have done my job, and I have spared a few souls the pain I went through.
    If you can get it for $5 a month, sure. Any more = NO.