Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. / cancellation fee
I bought a new powerboat in April of 2007 with Sirius Radio installed from the factory. A 6-month free subscription for Sirius was given to me upon purchase. When I called to activate the system, I was asked if I would like to take an additional 6 months for the standard charge. I said yes. (I know, my mistake). At the end of the full year (6 mo free, 6 mo charged) I was contacted three times by the Sirius Sales Department asking if I wanted to re-up my subscription. Each time I said no. During the first month after the subscription ran out, I turned the radio on to see if it had been cancelled, and I listened to the music. During this time the radio was on I lost contact and I received an error message on the screen. I never received any written or phone contact from Sirius over this issue.
Now, I have been contacted by NCO Financial that my account has been turned over to them for collections. The amount is $94.52!
Upon contacting Sirius I was told that the fee included one months usage after the end of contract, plus $75.00 collection fee. I explained that I was contacted by their sales department and I told them three times that I did not want to re-up my contract. Twice, I was told by the Sirius agent that they would wave the collection fee and I would only have to pay the one month of usage.
They also told me twice that they would contact NCO and correct the amount I owed down to $15.54 for one month usage. Now after the third contact with Sirius I find out that my account is closed with Sirius and I must pay the total amount of $94.52 to NCO and then call back to Sirius again and they will refund me the $75.00.
I just don't trust Sirius to refund me the $75.00 after I pay NCO the $94.52
What you think?
More Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. Complaints & Reviews
- Sirius XM - lifetime membership trap 
- Sirius Satellite Radio - consumers beware of sirius radio! 
- XM radio - Billed for services which never received! 
- Sirius Radio Canada - Poor service - illegal credit card charges 
- XM radio - Don't buy XM Radio 
- Sirius XM Radio - subscription cancellation refusal policy
- Sirius XM Radio - lifetime service scam
- Sirius XM Radio - lifetime subscription scam 
- SiriusXM - life time subscriber switching service to a new radio after 3 tries
- Sirius XM - xm radio service