Sirius Satellite Radiodon't be fooled about account holds.

I was a loyal customer for 10 years with Sirius but due to the economic crunch I decided to cancel my monthly subscription with Sirius several months ago. Of course the retention department attempted to do everything possible to keep my account active. One final option they provided was that they could put my account on temporary hold for several months. This would eliminate a reactivation fee that is normally around $50 in the event I chose to reactivate my account. As a bonus they would provide me 1 month free when I reactivated. 4 months later I see a monthly subscription charge on my statement. I was surprised as I never requested the service to resume. I of course called to obtain reimbursement and official cancellation of the account. After roughly 30 minutes I was told sorry we'll reimburse you only less than half. Crazy as they offered me an additional 3 months of service if I stayed but they wouldn't reimburse $12.95? Finally after getting a manager involved the company decided it was best to reimburse the full amount.

Don't be fooled. If you want to close your account just close it completely. Don't take this bait and switch tactic. I had every intention of reactivating in better times but I'm not inclined to give them my business now in the future.

Comments

• Ba
      Aug 17, 2009

I just tried to cancel my account at the one year anniverasiy date (it never worked- there is no reception on the east coast trains) -which occurs in one month. they told me it would be 75 dollars to cancel early- even though I am pre-paid for a year! they said I had to call only on ONE PARTICULAR DAY- the actual anniversary of the 1 year subscription- to be able to cancel without additional charges or fees. Then they hung up on me!

this is without a doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with in my whole life! I would not get another subscription if THEY paid ME an annual fee!