SingTel / activation of services without my authorization

I am very frustrated with Singtel services. It just show that they do not take care of their customers personal information carefully.

I signed up for a mobile plan for my sister last two years as she agreed to pay it on her own. After months of not paying, i suspended the plan as i was afraid that it could affect my Mio Tv services. However, i still received bills of the mobile plan that i have already suspended. I then decided to go to the Serangoon Branch to settle the outstanding bill in installments. They convinced me that during that installments the mobile could not be used, but it still in used and the bill keep increasing. I called in to enquire what is going on, and i got to find out that my sister used my name and NRIC to activate the number.

Therefore, i arranged for a password to be asked whenever i called in their hotline after i permanently terminated that number, so as to avoid my sister calling in and reactivating the mobile plan. I have also paid the full amount of the termination fee which is $700+. However recently, i received a total bill of $800 for that mobile. I called in to check, and I was shocked that they said I called to reactivate the mobile plan. I told them that it wasn't me and it was my sister, I also told them that how is it possible for my sister to call in and reactivate the number as I am the only person who knows the password that was set in. And they said that the password would not be needed if the person who called in can verify the account by giving the correct address and NRIC. I was shocked when they said that as they convinced me that they will ask for the password everytime there is a call in for that my account but the opposite happens.

When I demanded for an apology, such as a waive from the total bill, they said they could not do as such as it wasn't their fault. From the way i see it, even though i have taken every precaution to avoid overbilling, they still charged me without my authorization. I really am disappointed in their services and way of words. I hope someone could do something about this.
Jun 30, 2015

SingTel / Singapore Telecommunications Logo SingTel / Singapore Telecommunications
Customer Care Service