Singapore Airlines / food poisoning
My name is JM. I flew from Adelaide to Bangkok last June on business trip and became violently ill on the Singapore Bangkok leg of the jounery. I ordered a vegetrarian meal for lunch and ate it after our departure from Adelaide whcih consisted of a type of veg/potatoe pie.
I was vomiting on the plane with severe gastric disturbance. The staff did not help me at all even after I told them what was happening. I mamage to make into a cab in Bangkok however I had to make an emergency stop on the tollway otherwise I would vonited in the taxi. I wrote to a Nikolaos Vlachos of Passenger Services Executive of SA and there reply was that the onset of Food Posioning can take up to 2 weeks for the symptons to appear afer ingestion. This only partially true. The other version brought on by containmated food is 5-6 hours after ingestion. I am a lawyer and studied medscience so I do know something about this topic. They became more dismisive as I re-butled their explanations. Eventually they just ignored me the story is that thyy did not conduct a thorough invevstigation and maintained that their food handling procedures were of the highest standard, They were so insensitive and unporefessional to the point I will never fly with them again. I was also too sick to go to hospital all I could do was go the hotel and then bed. I wasted an entire trip.
More Singapore Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Singapore Airlines - refusal of compensation for delayed flights 
- Silkair (Singapore Airlines) - never received our refund 
- Singapore Airlines - lost/delayed baggage 
- Singapore Airlines - lost property and damaged bag
- Singapore Airlines - bad service 
- Singapore Airlines - poor audio-visual monitor on board
- Singapore Airlines - flight to singapore 
- Singapore Airlines - Illegal credit card charges
- Singapore Airlines - scalded by hot coffee on board sq 106 on 24 april 2019
- Singapore Airlines - In-flight security