Singapore Airlines / booking cancellation through krisflyer customer service and getting refund

Singapore, SG

Singapore Airlines, who take pride in its customer service and comfort at 35000 feet, failed by their Krisflyer customer service crew on ground.

I have been a SQ customer for the last 11 years, and prefer it over many other airlines in the region. But this event has left a sour taste for sure.

On August 7 2016, I booked SQ flight to BALI for 22-Dec for all my 4 family members by redeeming my Krisflyer points. I still had to pay around SGD$605 for taxes and surcharges etc, which I did.

Everything was good till the time, due to some family maters I had to cancel the booking on 1-Nov-2016.

1-Nov-2016
Since it was a point redemption booking, I had to call Krisflyer customer service for help. I was helped by a customer service representative - 'Winters’.
Since the credit card on which I had initially made the booking was cancelled by me, I was advised to write an email (for a written record) to kris flyer customer service detailing this information and advising them to use my other credit card for the refund (after necessary cancellation charges of course). Which I did.

4-Nov-2016
Then again on 4-Nov-2016, I was advised to provide a hand written request for the refund, stating that my old card was cancelled by me and the refund should be on the new card. Which I did, and waited for my refund.

26-Nov-2016
After waiting for 3 weeks for my refund, I again got a call from ‘Winters’, who wanted some more documents from my old credit card company. I found the repeated requests for additional documentation very frustrating and wanted to talk to her supervisor for a faster resolution. I was told that supervisor was busy and will call me within next few hours.

27-Nov-2016
After waiting for a day to talk to the supervisor, I again got a call from ‘Winters’ to wait some more time for the call from her supervisor.

Its been a month, and I want to talk to someone who can help me get my refund.

Sa