Complaints & Reviews

Airfare refund - [protected]

I bought 2 airfare ticket manila - auckland worth $1, 432 NZ dollar, upon succesfully paying my booking. It pop up that visit my email to check my itinerary. An hour after there were no itinerary from bravo fly. So i called their customer service. And to my surprise the customer service asst are angry with me and telling that they havent booked with the air asia. An hour after i called again i called again and telling me that i need to pay another $99 because the airfare increase. So i browse the review of bravi fly and found out that they have poor reviews and most of them are negative.

I decided to call again and request to cancelled my booking since they havent yet booked with air company. They told me that it took 24hrs to get my refund.

And the money i payed according to them "When taking payment, we use a secure standard procedure called “temporary credit limit” where the amount the customer should pay upon booking is simply 'frozen' and not withdrawn from the customer's available funds."

But upon checking with my bank, they have told me that the money was automatically transmitted with their bank and it was not frozen on my bank.

I called the customer service and telling me that it tooked 3 working days to get my refund and change to 3-15 days. I do not know if i can get my money back again. But hoping that this company has a heart that my hard earned money will be back to my account.

This bravo company is totally a scam. Please do returned and process my money back to my account. According to my bank it will only take 3 days to refund the money if bravo fly will only processing my refund.

Airfare refund - [protected]

Terrible service and false info

TERRIBLE SERVICE & false information about discounted airfare

I cannot begin to warn you about the HORRENDOUS SERVICE provided by this company!!! Here are the details:
Booked a flight through Kayak.com, not aware it was a third party doing the booking (1st problem and unacceptable practice from Kayak) - The booking company turned out to be Airfare.com
The fare was a little better than others, but not much, and definitely not worth the aggravation and excess charges.
Change fees are $350 DOLLARS, when the airline only charges $200.00, but they claim its the airline. So they are charging $150 dollars above the airline fees for themselves.
It is an absolute nightmare to make any changes, since they are incredibly inefficient. Unfortunately, you are forced to go through them for any issues with your ticket.
I needed to make a change to my outbound flight, so I sent a request through their site.
24 hours later I had no reply or confirmation of receipt, so I called their "customer service"
The agent that answered spoke broken English and sounded like he was eating while on the call with me.
He informed me my record showed no change request, so advised me to send a follow-up email.
This time I sent it directly through my Outlook, so that I would have proof of my communications.
30 hours after that, still having received no reply, not even an acknowledgment of having received by change request, I called in again.
I asked to speak with a supervisor, who turned out to be even worse than a regular agent, if that's even possible. Aside from taking 15 minutes to come to the phone, "supervisor" Robert ID # 308 was incredibly rude and provided false information, as follows:
He claimed requests are answered within 24 to 48 hours. My request was placed 56 hours ago and still no reply or acknowledgment of receipt.
When I pointed this out, he said that my matter was not urgent so they would take longer???? This is Christmas time so it is urgent.
When I complained that I had not even received an acknowledgement my request was received by them, he threatened to hang up on me!!!
When I commented on the extra $150 dollar change fee above what the airline charges, he said I didn't know that, but I actually do, because I am a trained travel agent and work as an outside sales agent. But when I said that he countered asking me why had I booked through them then...actually that is a good question, the answer is the fare was a little lower than what I could get, but mostly that I was fooled into thinking I was booking through Kayak, not this joke of a company.
I ended up accomplishing nothing other than aggravation, although I did have the pleasure of hanging up on him.
I'm considering purchasing a whole new ticket, just to avoid paying them any change fees.
If you care about your money, time, and most importantly your peace of mind, don't use this company ever. I'll be sending an official complaint the BBB and to Kayak.com, because it makes them look very bad having this kind of rip-off company associated with them.

Refund Not As Promised in Email

Booked flights via Airfare.com. Later cancelled and requested refund. In an email from Airfare.com was told that for $1200 would receive a full refund within 6 to 8 weeks. Although charge and conditions seemed out of line, thought it was the only recourse since the tickets were not refundable. After 9 weeks received a partial refund and the balance was never received resulting only a minimal refund given the extra 1200 charge. Did not receive a response to further contact via email and previous phone conversations were not fruitful. Suggest going directly to the airlines to attempt refunds vs. trying to work with this less-than-ethical firm.

Airfare.com: Fraudulent; Atrocious “Customer Service”

On February 26, 2014 I booked a flight on Penair through Airfare.com. This was the first time I had heard of Airfare.com, and the first and LAST time I will ever “do business, ” if you can even call it that, with them. I was lied to, I was interrupted on the phone, I was hung up on, and I was left with no choice but to file complaints in as many places as possible.

After purchasing my ticket online, I received a confirmation email, which included my confirmation number and booked flights. Buried within the body of the email was the phrase “reservation waitlisted”. What does this even mean? I called Airfare.com and spoke with a representative who was nearly unintelligible and extremely rude. I explained that I had just purchased a ticket and received the email I described above. After being put on hold for about 10 minutes, I was told that “the airline was unable to confirm my reservation”. When I asked for additional details of what exactly this meant and whether or not I would be confirmed a flight, as well as whether or not my credit card was or would be charged, I was only told that I would need to “make another reservation”. Throughout this conversation, I was repeatedly interrupted, so I really didn’t get a chance to fully ask my questions. Eventually, because I was getting nowhere with this person who was becoming more and more difficult to understand, I asked to talk with someone else.

Usually, when you ask to talk with “someone else” you get someone who is more helpful and more knowledgeable than the previous person. This was not the case. This individual, while somewhat easier to understand, was even more ill-mannered than the previous, interrupting me more and providing false information. To begin with, he said that I first received a confirmation email, followed by an email saying that the airline cancelled the flights I had booked. For starters, this is not the correspondence I received from them. Secondly, I was now being provided a different explanation for my supposed reservation that was patently false. The airline still offered the flights (I later booked with them directly).

By this point, I explained that I wanted to have something in writing from Airfare.com stating that my reservation was cancelled and that my credit card would not be charged. I had to talk over the representative to make my point: I want to be sure you are going to charge me for something I don’t have. “Fine, I’ll do it now, ” he said. But when I got the email, I was shocked to see that all he said – word for word – was: “Unable to confirm by the airline, and you card is [sic] not been charged yet.” The key word here is “yet” … my card has not been charged “yet”. When I pointed this out, all he said was, “You need to make another reservation.”

With that, I called Penair directly, and explained what had just happened. The woman I talked to was as helpful as she could be, given that the reservation wasn’t initiated directly with them. She did say that she could see my name in the system, but that a seat hadn’t been assigned, and that it would be up to Airfare.com to initiate that request. She also confirmed that both flights were active – that is, that they were not cancelled – and that seats were available. She also added that similar complaints had been made by others who had made reservations through Airfare.com … every detail. I asked if she would be able to cancel my reservation for good and confirm that, but again, she could not because it was not initiated directly through Penair.

With that I called Airfare.com again, and spoke with who was now the third representative that I had to deal with. And another unintelligible one. But this one was even more offensive, and provided more lies. He said that I had received yet another email – one an hour after I booked the flights – saying that my “reservation was cancelled” and that I would “need to make another reservation”. When I explained that I did not receive such an email, even in my spam folder (which is perhaps where all Airfare.com emails belong), he again said, “You need to make another reservation!” and hung up on me.

Immediately, I called American Express. I told the woman who took my call what had happened, and with great sympathy she said that she would put a note in my account that any charges from Airfare.com are not to be processed; only a charge directly from the airline. At least now I could be assured that Airfare.com would not commit credit card fraud against me by charging my credit card for something I did not actually buy.

I am not the first to voice a complaint such as mine … just Google “Airfare.com Complaints” and wade through grievance after grievance on website after website about people’s experiences with Airfare.com. I didn’t just have a fluke experience with a couple of bad apple employees. Airfare.com’s modus operandi is to provide its “customers” with false information, impolite and disrespectful representatives, and worry and wasted time over the trip they are trying to arrange. If they are trying to get themselves fined by the Better Business Bureau and to be put out of business, they are well on their way, and I am willingly going to help them to that end.

False claim of unavailable return flight

Airfare.com claimed that they were NOT able to find me an available return flight after I changed my retun date and paid a change fee of $350. I personally looked the availability of flights in the airline involved and found that, contrary to arfare.com's claim, there were many seats still availble on the requested return date. I am trying to ask for a refund of the change fee since I no longer intend to use the retrun ticket I originally bought from airfare. I did not realize how bad this agency was until this experieince. I hope people will read all the complaints about airfare and will not use this agency.

Don't ever book tickets through www.airfare.com

This website sucks! I booked the tickets and tried to cancel it. The agent asked me to be with them and told me that there was no cancellation fee if I stay with them. I booked a new ticket and was told everything was settled. 5 minutes later, I got a call from that agent and she said that I need to pay $500 of cancellation fee. It's like I was fooled.

I tried to talk to the superviser Charles and he had very bad attitude. His attitude was as bad as hell. He was like whatever, you need to pay the fee. It's not a attitude to a customer.

Don't book any tickets with them ever!!!

double charge

On August 3, 2011, I purchased a round trip ticket to the Philippines using my credit, then I was told by the customer service, his name is Peter, that the credit card did not go through (refused by the bank according to him). I called the bank regarding the issue and was told that there was no attempt or request for such a transaction so how could they deny it. Then I called back Peter and told him what the credit card customer service had just told me. To make the long story short, I decided to use my debit card(which was a mistake) so I can finish the transaction that morning. Later that day, I received a confirmation of my itinerary from Airfare. After a couple of days, I went online to manage my flight reservation but could not access it, so I called up Cathay Pacific customer service regarding the issue and was told that I have a reservation but the eticket number that was emailed to me is not the same ticket number on their file. I called back Airfare and spoke with Peter J (I think this is the initial he gave me when I asked him on his email address). He was very polite to tell me that there was a mistake and gave me a different eticket number which was later confirmed by Cathay Pacific as the same eticket number they have on file. I was assured by the Cathay Pacific customer service that I am confirmed with my flight as far as they are concerned. But the story did not end there, while the transaction happened on August 3rd, my debit card was not charged not until August 8th as shown on the transaction record of the bank. Since I was not sure what happened (usually my debit card is charged right away at the time of the transaction), I decided to call my credit card bank and was told that my credit card was charged the same amount charged to my debit card.
I called up Peter last week and faxed him a copy of the credit card statement for the month. He said I should not be charged with my credit, in fact he verified the last four digit of my debit card as being charged. He said he will email me on any update. A few days later, I emailed Peter to follow up but as of today, Sept. 8, I did not hear anything from him. I tried to reach him this morning and after a long wait, a customer service said he will transfer me to him. I waited for awhile but did not get Peter on the phone. I hope the operations manager can follow up this matter right away and also want to make sure that the eticket I paid through my debit card is valid. The flight I am referring to is for CX845 leaving JFK 12/17/2011.Thank you. Nestor

Fraud Air Fares

This company is a DEFINITE FRAUD.
I booked a reservation and proceeded to pay and after I pressed book now. It brought me to another window with a booking number that said:
Transaction Error
Please don't refresh this page We hold your booking because of some errors in transactions
Please call us now with your booking reference number to fix your problem
Your booking reference number :
To speak to a live agent now Call
1-800-AIR-FARE(247-3273) Or [protected]
Call Center Hours Open 24 Hours / 365 Day

Then I called and ended up wasting 2 hours of my time, I spoke to several people and none of the representatives were able to answer the simple question -What this message meant? or able to honor the price and flight I was trying to book! They put me on long holds, hung up on me, twisted and manipulated every word I said, claimed there was no manager available and/or the representatives then claimed to be a “manager“. They proved to be completely UNPROFESSIONAL AND INCOMPETENT PEOPLE who just play with your head when you call about any problem.

The message their website generated said "NOT to refresh the page, my booking would be held and to call them and they would fix the problem" in order to complete my transaction. The representatives told me my transaction was cancelled and to close that window and start a new booking. By the time all this was done and over with the prices had dramatically increased and I was not able to purchase a ticket to see my family. This price and flights never existed they just sucker you to get your personal info including my credit card number. THEIR FARES ARE THE BIGGEST SCAM. They also claimed to be a legit company in business for more than 30yrs. I am documenting my problem so that other people do not get scammed! I will continue to report it and hopefully this FRAUD COMPANY WILL EVENTUALLY BE SHUT DOWM. ( I reported my credit card stoles right away)!!

• To
    Total SCAMMERS Sep 08, 2011

This company is a DEFINITE FRAUD.
    Transaction Error
    Please call us now with your booking reference number to fix your problem
    Your booking reference number :
    To speak to a live agent now Call
    1-800-AIR-FARE(247-3273) Or 703-379-1777
    Call Center Hours Open 24 Hours / 365 Day

Bad service

I purchased a too good to be true fare. My cc declined as a fraud flag. I still went through some fraud process with another card. They took my money and issued one of their tickets. Surprise to me the airline did not see me on their list. After being ousted back and forth I sent a pointed email pushing for my ticket to be issued. The email chain below is how it was handled. Beware. It is actually funny.

Adrian, This was always about the ticket being issued, not about payment. You got paid almost 3 months ago. The airline never confirmed the ticket until 3 days ago... I still do not think Chris will ever get this. I will be happy to share your response in defense of your company. But at this point I am going to post all correspondence on every website possible to show any one who cares to know exactly how much your company cares about and treats it's customers. I work in the service industry. I know a good employee when I see one. You took a bad situation and made it better. I am glad you are the manager. It appears you will be okay here. Thank you for your time. If you or your manager would like to call to discuss I would be happy to share best practices.

On Aug 10, 2011, at 8:23 AM, <[protected]@airfare.com> wrote:

Next time, try using a credit card that works.  That will save you some time.  Also, your sarcasm is not lost to me and I see no humour in it.  Please do not blame me for your inability to follow instructions.  I did not tell you to use a faulty credit card.  That was your decision.  Whether your buying candy or airline tickets, if you use an invalid credit card, you will be required to use a different one.  Is this lost to you? We could not take your money and therefore no tickets were issued.  The tickets were issued after your payment problem was fixed.

Let me break it down for you nice and simple:

Invalid card, no money.  No money, no ticket.  Resolution of payment problem, access to money.  Receipt of money, issuance of ticket.

Please note that the resolution to the problem above is primarily up to you and any time or effort wasted during this process is up to you.  Perhaps you are suggesting I reach into your wallet and submit a new card myself?  While this would certainly make the process go faster, I feel uncomfortable doing so and respectfully decline.  Hopefully you will be able to sate your hunger for candy bars on your own without my holding your hand.  Hopefully.

As a member of the legal team, I do understand the simplicity of your claim.  I do not understand however, why you fail to see your hand in the problem.

Again, I would like to reiterate for good measure, because, well, it just seems necessary given your refusal to understand the basic concepts of the situation.

We didn't have your money.  We couldn't issue your tickets.  We now have your money, you now have your tickets.  Did you think we would issue the tickets on credit? I apologize, but we don't work that way.

Did that work?  I certainly hope so.

I am now considering this matter closed and require no further correspondence from you.

Did you think this was harsh?  I have already submitted a complaint about myself to my manager.  You know him as Adrian.  I thought I'd save you some time.

By the way, you probably used Airfare.com's confirmation number with the airline.  This leads to obvious issues and if you don't understand the ramifications of supplying the wrong confirmation number (it is a little bit like submitting an invalid credit card ---something that seems to be lost to you), please contact a customer service representative and they will be happy to assist you.
Chris

Subject: Re: [FWD: Re: Urgent regarding your booking with airfare.com]
Date: Tue, August 09, 2011 9:05 pm
To: "<[protected]@airfare.com>" <[protected]@airfare.com>
Cc: [protected]@yahoo.com

Very nice Chris. Your focus on the cc auth coming from a company my bank flagged and declined matter not.
- the hoops I had to jump through to make payment were certainly an inconvenience but I chalked that up to airfare.com perhaps being a start up company. Later on I discovered you have been in business for quite a while.

But the heart of the matter was missed (and as a legal team member perhaps you would understand the simplicity of my claim). My apologies if I had not made it clear enough so I shall repeat it again. The inconvenience was the time is spent going back and forth like a ping pong ball between you and the airline. You said it was the airline. The airline said it was you. If the tickets were indeed purchased, why did the airline have no record. Any one can take some ones money and issue a 'ticket'.
- I bought tickets from you, a travel agency or what ever your company represents itself as.
- while your company said the ticket was purchased and confirmed, the airline had nothing. No record of purchase was found when we gave them the confirmation number you gave me.  and obviously because of this, no ticket, confirmation, or seat assignment.
- any other time I have purchased tickets online this has never happened. Normally I get the ticket, the airline shows record of me, confirms, and has a seat issued.

Lets break this down even further; when we buy something from an online vendor (let's simply say you sold me a Hershey bar). You are going to take my money, pay Hershey and they give me the hershey.  So I call the company (Hershey's) and they say they have no record of any purchase thus no candy bar for me.
So where is my candy bar Chris? Pray tell. You have my money. I have no candy.
It makes no sense.

Thankfully, a customer service representative Adrian responded before you did and smoothed things over. The airline has confirmed there is a ticket and I am somewhat happy with your company's response and actions taken to make a bad situation better. Your response, well, your potential customers will come to their own conclusions.

I am sorry I was backed into a corner and thankful some one else handled this before you. I hope your company can use this as a coaching, counseling and training tool in the future to better serve your customers. Every one deserves this opportunity.

I just wanted my chocolate bar Chris. Nothing more.

On Aug 9, 2011, at 9:09 AM, <[protected]@airfare.com> wrote:

Please excuse me but I just received your case and can not quite understand what the issue is here.  You seem to be particularly belligerent for reasons that escape me.  From what I can glean based on the notes attached to your booking, you provided a card that was rejected by the airline multiple times, either through declination or simply due to the fact that they do not accept the type of card you presented.  As such, we ran a verification process for another card you provided in order to ensure your identity in relation to the card.  This method is employed by many internet merchants across the world (including financial institutions, such as PayPal), and any complaints regarding this process will fail to ring any alarms.

In order to help you I will need to understand just exactly what your complaint is.  Are your accusations based on the fact that we inconvenienced you?  Please keep in mind that instead of voiding your reservation and sending you on your way, we made upwards of five (5) attempts at working through the situation with you.  Inconvenience seems to be a 2-way street, here. Or is it the fact that your tickets were never issued (when they actually were)?

If you wish to work through this situation to find a solution, I will be happy to help facilitating matters.  If, however, you wish to dispute the charges, I will respond to them with the facts. Your bank will agree that we in no way infringed upon your rights, and that we only did what was necessary given the situation that you presented to us.

We will not bow to the oppressive nature of your thinly veiled accusations regarding allegedly criminal behaviour and threats of complaints.  We offered the best service we could for you and have full confidence in our defense.

I repeat: your tickets were issued and they are currently still open.  If you wish to fight us I can not stop you.  But I still do not see what the issue is.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to working with you;

Chris

Subject: Re: Urgent regarding your booking with airfare.com
Date: Sun, August 07, 2011 6:59 am
To: "Airfare.com" <[protected]@airfare.com>
Cc: "[protected]@yahoo.com" <[protected]@yahoo.com>

Actually I will make this easier. After several reviews and a consumer report about your company i pasted below this will need resolution by end of day Monday 8/8/2011 or I will simply dispute the charge as there have been no services rendered for my payment. I will also be happy to add to the lengthy list of negative reviews about your company and share my experiences with other travel professionals. I do not have time for these games and questionable business practices. By taking my money you have become my travel agent. Travel agencies are responsible for getting the ticket. I pay you. You pay them. They give you ticket to give to me. Very simple and not worth the effort I have gone through. Shame on you for taking up my time and energy over one of the most simple processes in business.

/link removed/

On May 28, 2011, at 1:35 PM, Airfare.com <[protected]@airfare.com> wrote:

Flights, Hotels & Much more.
Dear Customer,

Regarding Booking Number: YQCENE

As part of the authorization process to verify your identity as the cardholder, and to help us protect you from credit card/ or identity theft, we will attempt to contact your credit card company. Since this is sometimes unsuccessful, you can speed up the process by participating in our quick verification process. We ran a random amount on your card (under $5). Once either you or we verify identity of the card holder, your reservation will be complete. Please call your card issuer and find out the exact amount of this small pending charge and let us know that amount.
Please click here to enter the amount.
P.S. : Please note that this process is for verification purposes only and the amount will not be charged to your card.
Airfare.com customer service

To speak to a live agent
1-800-AIR-FARE(247-3273)
Or [protected]
Call Center Hours  Open 24 Hours / 365 Day (Site ID: ADR99)
Company Address
5110 ridgefield rd, Suite 409, Bethesda, MD 20816.
 Visit Us Now  Airfare.com  | Contact Us  | Send Feedback
About Airfare Since 1979 we have been focusing on discount airline consolidation. Airfare.com's premier travel reservation system uses a "real time" system to give you discounts to over 700 Airlines, 30, 000 Hotels, 25 car companies and now INTRODUCING AIR & HOTEL COMBO PACKAGES!
Copyrights [protected] © Airfare.com . All Rights Reserved
<bottom.letterhead>

• Pu
    pullingmyfunds Aug 11, 2011

wow, regardless of who was at fault or miscommunicating - I would not use their services for ANYTHING based simply upon their belligerent, sarcastic, openly hostile responses to you. "The customer is always right" seems to be lost on today's businesses...and the only thing that will teach them differently is the massive loss of business.

j.hill22 Aug 11, 2011

i don't necessarily agree with the way chris handled your situation, but you seem to have prompted such a response with your condescending language. i would not have reacted the way chris did, but i also would not have been happy if you talked to me that way. disrespect runs both ways here, and it seems like you're the one who prompted the responses. the only way you're in the right is because you're the customer, which can only carry you so far.

while i have never used airfare.com and cannot comment on the quality of the company itself, i can't say i have anything against their "no bs" attitude. you should have tried being nicer to them from the beginning? i don't see what's so wrong about running a verification process if you were submitting faulty credit cards. a business cannot run properly without protecting itself from the rampant fraud that seems to be occurring around the internet these days.

• Co
    concerned biz student Aug 11, 2011

you know anyone taking business classes in ethics or orginzational behaivor will tell you that "the customer is always right" statement is a lie. This was said or made up to make customers think that they have the power and contorl when it comes down to a situation. honestly do you really think that there would be fortune 500 companies existing today if the customer was always right? do you really think gas prices would be so high if the customer was always right? do you really think there would be a need for walfare or social security if the customer was always right? this is just an urban myth because everyone has problems and situations there is always an upset customer no matter what busniess it is. If you walk into wal-mart with a bad credit card you leave empty handed, but if you go to the same wal-mart purchase a non-returnable item ( which would be an open box product ) and say it is faulty then the company is wrong for selling that item? No, you were provided a serivce that you requested and you accepted responsiblity over such service. So, if the customer is always right how can a true business actually turn a profit? just a thought from a concerned business student.

j.hill22 Aug 11, 2011

i just realized chris from airfare.com wasn't a customer service representative but a member of their legal team. i'm going to assume they sent him due to your threats of disputing the charges. legal departments don't exist to treat you with exceptional service, they're there to protect the company's interests.

• Jk
    Jkoe1978 Aug 11, 2011

I agree completely with j.hill22. Working in any customer service field, you come across customers who are completely clueless and irrational. What Chris said is exactly what customer service people want to say to customers like the OP, but typically choose not to.

• Pu
    pullingmyfunds Aug 11, 2011

Er I'm not clueless, I have just worked in the "people field" my entire adult life, and "the customer is always right" doesn't mean you cave in to every complaint. What it DOES mean is that you treat your customer with respect in every situation, you have to know how to "de-escalate" a situation with class, respect, and kindness. Sometimes kindness and empathy will stop a bad situation from getting worse or downright just make it go away, "sorry" goes very far in these situations, even if it's "sorry, I understand your anger - I would feel quite the same, please understand that this is what occurred:..." I was a manager/administrator in a few jobs in which a large part of my job was exactly to de-escalate situations - and I was successful every single time because I know how to talk to people, the way "Chris" talked to him was wrong, period. Even a lawyer knows better than to talk to a customer the way he did, that kind of response only escalates, causes more enmity and often does result in the word of mouth, posting on internet, starting a lawsuit, or, worse case scenario (and very rare, obviously) someone walking into the place with a gun.

• Co
    concerned biz student Aug 11, 2011

**pullingmyfunds - no one is making jabs at you directly, it is just being refuted that "the customer is always right" because the customer is not always right. Walk down to the white house and demand them to show you what your good tax dollars are being used on? As a customer you have the right to know right???? Negative. However, with what your saying customers service is the key to any business relationship, people come and go like a revolving door because of how they were treated, but when looking at chris title, he is from the legal department, they are in place to defend the company, when a customer gets hostile and starts to threaten the company it has to be handled approperiately. There has got to be a reson that it was responded in such a manner, companys just dont come off the handle for no reason, and from your statement about the manager adrian it seems you had a pleasent converstation with him, so you cant put the act of a company on the hardest department of a company. As you say a lawyer would never talk to a customer like this, well if i was paying you thousands of dollars to be my lawyer then of course that is your customer but if you were on the stand going against the other lawyer then he is going to make you pee in your pants because he is trying to refute everything your saying. it goes both ways - treat people the way you want to be treated point blank - im not going to say yes ma'me no sir to a person who is threating me - espeically having worked customer service at many retail stores durning major holiday season - people get ugly no matter how nice you are sometimes you have to lay down the law for people to listen - honestly because people are jerks - im not in no way saying you were a jerk but honestly there had to be a reason for the "legal department" to get involed...and per the email the guy that was responding to you even complained to his manager himself about this for you, i mean what is the point of this anyway? the fact that the legal depart does not act like customer service reps? or the customer is "suppose to be" always right?
    Face to face customer service, retail, valet parking, bag packing at a grociery store, bellhopping at a hotel, being a waiter, yea unless you want to get into a fight with a customer, get written up or a compaint then customer is always right - but try pulling something like that with a major airline carrier, major credit card company, they will never tell you what you want to hear that is just fact.

j.hill22 Aug 11, 2011

pullingmyfunds, give it a rest. you're making it increasingly obvious that you're the OP in disguise. also, unless you have a JD and are a member of a bar association in any single state within the united states, you can't really speak on behalf of lawyers, can you?

lawyers' jobs are to make their clients happy. not the opposition. in this case, matt hittleman is the opposition. perhaps he bit off more than he could chew when he engaged the company with threats? you should stay within the realm of your understanding.

besides, it seems as though the customer service representatives did all that they could, but there really is a limit to what you can do when facing a customer who clearly thinks he's too clever to approach the matter with civility. judging by the context of these emails, chris seems to have been sent in for a sort of cavalry effect. in that sense, he did what he was supposed to do. as a company, would you prefer a legal team that fights fire with fire, or one that bends over backwards for a hostile customer? i'd personally prefer one that fights fire with fire. bending over backwards? you have managers/administrators for that. the legal field is not a "people field". stop comparing apples to oranges. it makes you sound even more clueless.

Fraud company!!!!

Be aware!!! Do not buy tickets from Airfare.com!!! Their customer service is basically non-existent, you will spend hours and will not be able to do anything about the tickets that you bought. After hours of waiting, they will tell you that you cannot do absolutely anything with those cheap tickets and you're stuck. They book you on non-connecting flights (where you need to get your luggage out at every stop-over) with not enough time to reconnect, they book flights (on the same ticket) withough telling you that one of the flights is ariving on one and leaving from a different airport, etc. Finally, they simply charge you twice for the same ticket and you cannot do anything because these are their terms. Credit companies will not be able to help you with it, so DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY - YOU WILL SAVE YOURSELF A LOT OF ANGST AND AGGREVATION.

• Si
    Simon 123 Nov 03, 2011

I had similar experience with this company. I am a frequent traveller: North of 1 million miles flown with American Airline and at least an equal amount flown with united plus affiliates. I dealt with practically every airline and nearly 100 different travel agents on line and traditional and in many countries over the years. Airfare.com is by far the worst booking agency of all of them. I did some checking of complaints about them and found that there are thousands of complaints and they all repeat the same issues. This agency is a scam and should be shut down.

The main problems with this company are hidden charges showing up on your credit card

Well, since I'm in the process of making flight arrangements for a trip to Australia, I've utilized the multi airline search engines to find the best deal on my international flights.

I came across this website which boasts of a possible 70% savings over other ticketing/booking companies like cheaptickets.com etc...

I entered my info and wow! I found a pretty darn good deal that would have saved about $200-$300 over all the other companies.

Great! I was ready to book! Then I got a funny nagging gut feeling of impending doom and gloom so I decided to research them and check out any reviews and most importantly, check them with the Better Business Bureau.

It wasn't pretty! The BBB rated this company with a grade F. (Works like our report card from school, folks. A-F with F being the kind of grade that would get you grounded and in summer school if you'd been sent home to Mom and Dad with it.) So, I checked out even more review sites and only saw maybe 4 reviews that were favorable. However, the BBB showed that in some cases, the company didn't even respond to the BBB complaint/inquiry.

Seems the main problems with this company are hidden charges showing up on your credit card and costing you hundreds more dollars, etickets being improperly issued and not issued in some cases at all and very rude customer service when and if you're able to get someone to talk to you at all! To be fair, I will say I called and a representative answered promptly but still, the negative reviews say that you get the run around and one person was on the phone with them and it took 9 hours to get things straight and that they were hung up on several times.

CROOKS

SCAM!!! AIRFARE.COM AKA WHOLESALE TRAVEL CENTRE, INC. DO NOT TRUST THEM!!! Dear friends, if you work hard for your money, don't let this crooks take it from you!!! They offer cheap CANCELED or none valid tickets for over 70% off. If you read their POLICIES and REGULATIONS, you realize that they know exactly where you going to end up. "Once purchased, these tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE / NON-RE-ROUTABLE. Under absolutely no circumstances will the airline refund these highly discounted airline tickets. The ticket(s) you are purchasing are completely NON-CHANGEABLE after the first travel date has passed. Ticket Upgrades /or frequent traveling mileages are purely at the discretion of the airline. Please check directly with the airline."... ...BECAUSE THEY KNOW IN ADVANCE THAT THE TICKETS WILL BE CANCELLED BEFOR THE FLIGHT. ... and look at their cancellation fees ($250 - $350)/TICKET, regardless if you cancelled it or they did..., and last but not leased they are prepared for lawsuits cause they include..."It is agreed by and between the Purchaser and Wholesale Travel Center, Inc. that all disputes and matters whatsoever arising under, in connection with or incident to this Contract shall be litigated, if at all, before the Circuit Court for Fairfax County in the Commonwealth of Virginia, or as to those lawsuits to which the Circuit Court for Fairfax County in the Commonwealth of Virginia lacks subject matter jurisdiction, then before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, U.S.A. to the exclusion of the Courts of any other county, state or country" NO BETTER BUSINESS BUTEAU MEMBERSHIP AND THEY DO NOT RESPOND TO BBB COMPLAINTS. BEAWARE AND STAY AWAY!!!

Damage Resulting
I wish someone had told me this before, cause I learned it the hard way!!! LOST A LOT OF MONEY...for now...

dishonest and misleading practices

I recently booked and online trip via airfare.com. When a family tragedy occurred I had to change the date of my departure. As the ticket was non-cancellable and non-refundable I expected to pay a penalty for this action. I checked directly with the airlines (United and China Southern Airlines who were both wonderful to deal with) and they both said that an admin fee of $250 would take care of the problem. I felt that this was fair and was prepared to pay. The airlines recommended that we make the change through airfare.com since that was how we booked it.

We tried for 5 days to contact airfare.com via phone, through their website and via email. After 5 days they finally responded and sent an "itinerary change form" that we had to sign and fax back. They agreed that when they received the form the change would be processed and we would be charged $250. Although annoyed that it took 5 days to get an answer I was satisfied with the result - until the next day.

After Airfare.com received the form (and now only 2 days before my departure) they called to tell me that I needed to pay a $350 admin fee ($100 more than the airlines said they would charge) PLUS an airfare difference of over $1450. The total of my trip was now to be over $2300 ($890 for the original fare PLUS $1450 in new fees). When asked why they said that this is what the airlines were charging them.

So...I went on to their very own website and fares with my same itinerary (with only a 2 day advance purchase) were only $950! Also, after talking with Airfare.com I called the airlines directly and they again reiterated that the only fee was a $250 admin change fee and there would be no difference in the fare.

Ultimately China Southern airlines felt bad for me and cancelled the tickets through airfare.com and fixed my problem with a simple $250 change fee.

I feel that airfare.com was extremely deceitful and dishonest. They are also VERY had to get hold of and will not return calls until threatened.

DO NOT EVER book anything through Airfare.com. Use another online agency or go direct to the airlines.

Special Operations Team Sep 16, 2010

Airfare.com understands that unexpected situations may come up to where your travel plans must be changed; however, we remind all travelers that fees and the difference in airfare are due upon changing your reservation. Airfare.com has no control over the airline ticketing prices. Prior to booking a reservation, the rules and regulations are presented twice for review while entering information and again before proceeding. By booking a reservation our customers have agreed to the rules and regulations of this ticket which again state: “Once purchased, these tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE / NON-RE-ROUTABLE. Under absolutely no circumstances will the airline refund these highly discounted airline tickets. Changes are permitted for a change fee, but only if they are made prior to the date of the originally scheduled flight. The tickets you are purchasing are completely NON-CHANGEABLE after the first travel date has passed. You must pay a change fee of $200 per ticket for domestic flights and $350 per ticket for international flights. If the new tickets cost more than the original tickets you must pay the difference. If the new tickets are less than the original, the airline will not credit the difference. Therefore, the total cost will be (The Change Fee) + (The Difference in the Cost of the Tickets). You must travel on the same airline in the same class. Rerouting is not permitted.” These are the change rules and regulations that all travelers agree to before booking a reservation. Airfare.com will do our best to accommodate travelers needs, but we will follow the rules and regulations that were presented prior to booking.

We apologize about the inconvenience, we are experiencing a heavy call volume due to the travel season. We are working to get your call answered as well as the calls of others and want to thank you for patients.

Again, I apologize for the experience you had with us, please give us the opportunity to make it rectify your situation.

Scam

I purchased tickets to Zurich on Airfare.com in January. A month later I got an email telling me they...

Fraud Company

DO NOT use this site, they are fradulant and will tr to scam you. I attempted to book a flight with them and...

Fraudulent activity

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH AIRFARE.COM THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY!!!

On 2/19/2010, I began searching for airline tickets for my boyfriend, my sister, and I for a vacation we are planning to Europe this summer. I went to Kayak.com and found decent tickets through one of their sponsored sites, Airfare.com. It seemed fairly routine until I had to put in my bank's 1-800 number, but as I had never done business with Airfare.com before, I did not think much of it. What did strike me as odd, however, was that as soon as I put in my information into the system, I received a phone call from an Airfare.com representative who told me I need to fill out and fax back an authorization form that would give them permission to charge my card and complete my transaction . They also informed me that I needed to fax them a copy of my driver's license and credit card. This seemed extremely strange, but when I questioned this, they told me that I should black out all my information on the cards, and that they just need to see that the name on the credit card matches the name on my ID. They said this is all for my own security, and that they are just trying to verify that I am who I say I am, and that the extra precaution was being taken because we were trying to purchase one way tickets and that we have different last names. I still did not feel right about the whole thing, but since I have never purchased international airline tickets before, I thought maybe things were different than when buying domestic tickets. Then, I saw on the authorization form (please see the attached form), the word “signed” is spelled incorrectly as “singed” near the bottom of the page. This was a major red flag for me, as spelling errors are extremely unprofessional. I then noticed the form says “I hereby authorize WTC to charge my (credit card name)”--I thought the tickets were from Airfare.com, and did not know who WTC (Wholesale Travel Center) was, so I did an internet search on the company.

The results I got were frightening. Page after page, complaint after complaint, from tons of people who have been swindled by this company. Apparently, they take your money, make a reservation for you, either never put the reservation through so you are never ticketed, or cancel your reservation days before you leave so that you are stranded at the airport. You get to the airport, find out you have no tickets, and then find that if you are able to get through to someone at Airfare.com, you either get hung up on, transferred, or left on hold forever. If you actually get to speak to a representative, that person speaks terrible broken English and will only tell you that there are no refunds.

So, the first thing I did was check my bank account. I found that the despite the fact that I did not sign and fax the authorization form, the authorization had been put through and was showing up as a pending authorization from Continental Airlines. I immediately called Airfare.com and told them that they absolutely do not have authorization to charge my card, that I would not be sending in the authorization form, and that they need to cancel my reservation right away. I was told that it was too late, and there was nothing that could be done. All tickets are non-refundable and that is just how their policy is. I told the representative repeatedly that I did not sign the authorization form, and they do not have permission to charge my card. The man had terrible English, I could barely understand him, and no matter what I said to him, all I could get out of him was that it was too late, and their policy does not allow refunds. The representative was then trying to hang up on me and give me an extension to a supervisor I could reach the next day, and at this point, my boyfriend got on the phone and tried to reason with him. He repeatedly told the representative that we are not signing the authorization form, and they do not have permission to charge my card.

The next morning, I called to speak with a US Bank representative to see what could be done on my end. After I told my story to the first representative, she immediately put me through to the fraud department. When I first started to tell my story to the fraud specialist, she stopped me and said, “Did you do business with them?” I told her that yes, I intended to and I did give them my card number. She then said that my case would be a dispute, not fraud. I asked her to please listen to the details of what had happened, and upon hearing the whole story, she said, “Oh no, that is fraud!” and immediately began the fraud process for me. However, I just received a letter from my bank—they are denying my fraud claim, and I am now out $1400.I REPEAT, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH AIRFARE.COM THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY!!!

Special Operations Team Jul 22, 2010

Since 1979, Airfare.com parent company has been dedicated to accommodating travelers with top value airfare made possible by discounted airline consolidation. In 1995, we became the first airline discounter to go online. Over this period of time, airfare.com has continually strived to provide world-class customer service and affordable airfare prices. We handle hundreds of thousands reservations a year and have dealt with millions of different transactions since our company has been in business. We are a fully bonded travel company, a verified merchant of authorize.net, an ARC appointed member of ASTA, a member of IATAN, Visa Verified, a member of Master Card Secure Code, Diners Club International, Discover Card Financial Services, American Express, and all bookings are Secured by GeoTrust Secure Socket Layer.

Airfare.com understands that identity theft and fraudulent charges happen every day when making online bookings. For this reason airfare.com is 100% committed to protecting cardholders from fraudulent transactions. We work with the law enforcement authorities, VeriSign security officials, airport authorities, AntiFraud.com, Internet Fraud Watch, Merchant Fraud Squad and Merchant 911 on a regular basis. The authorization form was a required document to prove the identity of the card holder. We have requested this form with the copies of the credit card and photo ID only to protect our customers, not to commit any type of fraud. 97% of our bookings are to international destinations and many of the destinations have a high incidence of fraud so we have to double check for fraud frequently in these cases to protect our customers. By doing this process we have identified hundreds of cases of fraud ever month and report them to the authorities.
    However, as of July 14th, 2010, we are now using a new system that will help us in protecting our customers from identity theft; so, we will not be asking for our customers to send in copies of their credit card and photo id. In certain cases we will still request the authorization form with requested copies and dollar verifications. Hopefully in by doing this process we can still protect all of our customers from identity theft, fraudulent charges, and still provide 100% customer satisfaction to all of our clients.

Airfare.com is a fully bonded travel company that follows all rules/restrictions placed upon us. Our company culture also insists upon exceeding customer expectations by looking for every avenue to assist our customers. If you have any comments, questions and/or concerns please feel free to contact our Special Operations team at [email protected] This team is specially dedicated to working diligently to resolve every customer concern.

• Mi
    MIMI_F Aug 07, 2010

Dear friend,

It happened to me too, the exact same thing. It's almost like you copy/paste my story with airfare.com
    This MFS recharged a cancelled ticket (which was cancelled by THEM on the date of the flight) to my debit visa card two months later, and the same bank !!!CHASE!!! ( now I really feel that they are also in on this scam) allowed them to do so even after I disputed with their fraud departement as faudulent charges. I went back and forth between the bank and this MFS, and nothing happened. I am still out of 1007.00 dollars.
    I contacted the FTC and OCPA, and I am waiting four their resolution. If you look on other complaint websites, you'll see howmany people got scammed by this company. I think if we stick together we can put this MFS out of business. I will try to gather as may victims as I can, and I will sue this company for $$$$$millions$$$$$$ for emotional and phychological harm and distress .

Special Operations Team Aug 09, 2010

Dear Traveler,
    I am not satisfied with the experience you had with airfare.com. Please email me with your booking reference number, contact phone number and a good time for me to call you at [email protected] I promise that I will look into this situation and I will do what we can to resolve the problem.
    Again, I apologize for the experience you had with us, please give us the oppurtiutnty to make it right.

• Me
    meves Nov 14, 2010

Seems everyone complains about this company but nobody 'REPORTS them... why not?

• Te
    tekeli Dec 20, 2010

I ordered a round-trip ticket from Springfield, MO USA (SGF) to Istanbul, Turkey (IST) on 12/15/10. The departure was for 12/29/10 and the return flight was for 3/16/11. After reviewing the confirmation email (while I'm buying another tickets to my friends from my credit card, i thought that the company have a good deals and told my friends about it), I discovered that the date of departure is not what i ordered, it was 01/29/10 instead of 12/29/10. If the change was for couple days ago or couple days later, it would not be problem however 1 month later which the date i never been interested is not good for me at all. I tried to reach Airfare customer service many times by phone and email prior to my departure, the customer service did not allow the issue to be resolved until now.(Of course they were rude and even told me that "it is your problem!!" I have paid $785 for this ticket. Since I don't have long time to solve this problem i probably will buy another ticket and my money is gonna be trashed! Of course i will dispute it and try to get my money which i didn't get any kind of service yet! I also have another problem now about my friends ticket is on the right date for now but they are asking me to send them more information by fax and by my hand writings..which they didn't ask me before..as i read from the previous comments on web it is not a good idea but not sending is not a good idea neither cause they will charge more and more.. I saw that there are company answers to all complaints and 99% of them are copy/paste :(

• Sr
    Sree_2503 May 24, 2011

These people are complete scam!!! unfortunately I happened to come across these reviews only after I was duped!!! I bought a single airline ticket (to and fro) from Chicago to Delhi, India and they charged three times for the same ticket amount. I went ahead and set up a dispute against those charges with my credit card company, but it is a lot of stress and anger and frustration when you know somebody has charged you more than $2500 just for nothing and you are gonna end up paying APRs on them!!!
    Airfare.com reps, if you happen to read this post, please bother to at least respond to my email.

Sree

Airfare.com Crooks

One word: CROOKS. I bought tickets to India via airfare.com. Since we had our 6 month old daughter travelling with me, I booked the tickets, way in advance. Everything seemed fine until AirIndia cancelled the flight and waitlisted me and my family on another flight almost a day before my original schedule. I called the airlines who agreed to give me a full refund and asked me to contact the travel agent. The customer service of airfare.com turned out to be absolutely rude and they hung up a few times, even yelled "..you got a good deal, what are you complaining about ?" before hanging up on me. After about 25 calls, I was able to reach "Rex" who charged my credit Card $200 as "cancellation fees" for a guaranteed "Full refund" for flight tickets, which were cancelled by the airlines. Knowing that is the only way to atleast get back some money, I agreed. The full refund was MINUS the agent fees !! Airfare.com had charged me for booking the flight and then for cancelling the tickets for a flight, that airlines had cancelled. It was an absolute nightmare which costed me $ 375 for NOTHING. I would ask anybody and everybodyOne word: CROOKS. I bought tickets to India via airfare.com. Since we had our 6 month old daughter travelling with me, I booked the tickets, way in advance. Everything seemed fine until AirIndia cancelled the flight and waitlisted me and my family on another flight almost a day before my original schedule. I called the airlines who agreed to give me a full refund and asked me to contact the travel agent. The customer service of airfare.com turned out to be absolutely rude and they hung up a few times, even yelled "..you got a good deal, what are you complaining about ?" before hanging up on me. After about 25 calls, I was able to reach "Rex" who charged my credit Card $200 as "cancellation fees" for a guaranteed "Full refund" for flight tickets, which were cancelled by the airlines. Knowing that is the only way to atleast get back some money, I agreed. The full refund was MINUS the agent fees !! Airfare.com had charged me for booking the flight and then for cancelling the tickets for a flight, that airlines had cancelled. It was an absolute nightmare which costed me $ 375 for NOTHING. I would ask anybody and everybody to stay away from airfare.com. to stay away from airfare.com.

• Ha
    Happy Traveler Mar 14, 2010

Airfare.com is a scam. My daughter booked a trip to Europe through them. When the reservation came through it showed the wrong dates. She immediately called and was told it would cost $350 more to change her dates. She went online and found numerous examples of this same “bait and switch” scam being used on unsuspecting customers.

When she called United Airlines they told her the ticket had been VOIDED by Airfare.com even though her account was charged the full $887.83.

THIS IS A SCAM FOLKS.

Special Operations Team Jul 22, 2010

Airfare.com does not change reservations without the written consent of the traveler. Airlines are constantly updating their systems with new flight times and routing. There are times where notifications are not sent to us. As a result, we cannot notify the passenger of an airline schedule change. When we do receive notification, we make every attempt to advise the passenger about the schedule change – by phone and email. Airfare.com will do everything possible to help the traveler find acceptable arrangements, with the ultimate responsibility placed on the airline to give the approval on accommodating the passenger’s schedule change. Airfare.com strongly recommends travelers to constantly check their reservation with us and the airline.

It is Airfare.com’s belief that providing world-class customer service is a top priority. We are committed to answering all questions and handling all issues. All of our agents are thoroughly trained to handle all of our travelers needs. In the interest of providing effective and timely service to our travelers, airfare.com does utilize off-shore call center services to supplement our U.S. team. Airfare.com takes customer feedback very seriously and has enacted a major overhaul of the customer service department beginning in July, 2010. Airfare.com is committed to our practice of providing out clients with world class customer service.

joelT Oct 06, 2012

I'm having the same problem.

criminal?

i had a similar experience. why do they want me to send my personal documents, no other travel agent i know of needs this. what makes them so special? is it that thay are really Identity thieves? it's very suspect. the customer service is the rudest and worst i have ever encountered. give airfare.com a wide birth. they are unprofessional boardering on criminal.

Sam May 19, 2009

I had the same issue with that company and ended up closing 2 of my credit cards-the ones they were trying to run- and threatend that I will complain to the BBB about their actions.
    It's now clear to me that they are a bunch of crooks who won't stop at anything. The first rep. said I needed to fill out a form and fax it to them to cancell my ticket and stop running my credit card, and I will not have to pay any cancellation fees! the second said I have to pay a cancellation fee of 100$ and said"We don't charge a, ot"!
    I will never use them again and I will report them to all the cpmpanies who use them to search for tickets!

Personnel ID theives

October 31 2008, Airfare.com, refusal to cancel a purchase while in process.

I was purchasing tickets through Airfare.com today, when I got notice that my credit card could not be processed. Through email I was asked to FAX my card info, card photo-copies and drivers licenses. I called to find out if this was a legitimate business, staff person said to cross out parts that I did not want to be seen and FAX to process my card. I called again to say that I will not do this as it was too much information to be given out and in to cancel the reservations. This time the staff person got upset with me when I stated that I wanted cancel the tickets. I hung-up. He immediately called back wanting to know why I hung-up. I told him I was cancelling the tickets, and he stated that he would “get the sheriff to collect the money.” – well done customer service, I hung-up again. I then called my bank and they put a conference call together to yet another Airfare.com staff person who repeatedly recited their policy. Several times he stated that I needed to fill out a form that would not be processed until Monday. He repeatedly stated that when I pushed “continue” it was saying I agreed with the terms of the purchase. I feel once I got the “Airfare.com Has Sent You Authorization form to Sign” email and did not send it back in after Airfare.com requested it, I therefore did not authorize the use of my card. Airfare is trying to have it both ways- either my card was invalid or not, it seems it was not until I did not want to FAX my personnel information and cancel the transaction. I find it difficult to understand why my card was not ok to be approved, could not be approved without my “authorization” after it was requested, and now can not be canceled, all within a couple of hours time. Lessons learned, never use debit card on-line, and never use Airfare.com.

• Pa
    pauly Nov 02, 2008

• Ra
    Raidah13 Jun 08, 2009

I bought a ticket at a great price in the States about 5 days in advance and they requested that I confirm payment with my bank from France. I did so, and the bank was adamant that payment had been received on Airfare.com's part. I thought all was clear for me to travel until that day, so I took a shuttle to the airport about two hours away. On the way there, I decided to call the airline company because I was skeptical that airfare.com had failed to respond after payment was confirmed. They said that I had a reservation under my name, however they could not let me on the flight because my ticket was not issued. I called airfare.com and they said that I needed to send authorization for my credit card before the ticket could be issued. My flight was leaving in a couple hours, but I was still able to get all the info I needed to send. I called them back, but now they were saying that they had not received any funds, so they could not issue my ticket. I had my mother go to the bank and talk to the manager of the branch to see where the money was. The bank said that the exact amount for my ticket had been received and thus could not canceled or withheld. Airfare.com, however, was maintaining that no payment was received and could not issue the ticket. Naturally, I was not allowed on my flight. I contacted the bank again, and they still said airfare.com had my money and they could do nothing about it. Airfare.com said that they never received payment. Now, I have $1200 I can not track down and am stuck with family a couple hours from where I live. Airfare.com is playing ignorant and have failed to offer me any kind of assistance. I think they are a fraudulent company, not to mention extremely unreasonable with their customers. Through this whole ordeal, I must have talked to the entire company and I failed to find anyone helpful. In fact, they are quite the opposite. For example, if you ask a question they tell you something completely unrelated that accommodates their stance. I would ask the same question over and over again to have someone complete ignore it and tell me that everything was ok. Yeah right. They also are really bad about talking back, cutting you off, hanging up on you, and not calling back. And of course, when you want to talk to a superior or someone with authority, the person who you are talking to is automatically it. Once I was directed to their financial department, but when I asked to talk to them a couple of days later to one of the jerks I was talking to, I was told there was no such thing. I have to say this is the worst business I have dealt with.

• Ca
    Caoimhin_B Nov 04, 2009

I wish I'd read this before booking with them
    First off, none of the people can really speak English, which makes me wonder if they are really using this information for identity theft.
    I've called American Express and I will be sending them a strongly worded letter suggesting they refrain from business with this company

Jack Newman Jr Jul 07, 2010

This is a fraud website, which gave me tons of trouble. I'm still trying to get my money back! They charged me more than 1000 dollars and the "so called" air ticket is voided after contacting with the airline company.
    I'm wondering why this fraud website can become the agent of so many airline companies!!!

Special Operations Team Aug 09, 2010

Dear Traveler,

• Mr
    MrBMM Jun 01, 2012

I had booked online on Airfare.com for a trip to India. Later, I had change in plans. Instead of return early I had to return late. I first tried to cancel the ticket and found out the ticket was a non refundable ticket so I was hoping to do a date change.
    Whenever I tried to reach the toll free or the other number listed on the site it took 30 mins for someone to even answer, there would be just music. When I got to them, they would not even provide any response and say send an email. Once I sent the email they never respond. I had to follow up with 2 to 3 mails before I could get any response. Again since I didn't get a proper response I tried calling again and the agents used to just hang up on me.
    Then they said if you have to change the flight fill up a form and send a fax, when i tried faxing there was no response. I tried calling again and again it took 30 mins and they just hung just as told my confirmation number.
    I was hoping atleast there would have been a better response. I finally just cancelled the ticket even though I am taking the same flight on the same day on the onward journey. I lost close to $1500, just to try and save some 20 bucks.. Please dont use Airfare ever even if you get a cheaper ticket. This is a request and a suggestion to anyone who uses Airfare.com

• Ih
    Ihateairfare.com Jun 29, 2012

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE
    I called – and talked to someone, quite rude, on the other side of the world, he even finished the call without solving my issue
    Not worth at all. Airfare.com also charged us extra for paper tickets and those never arrived, when I called I was told that the policy changed and now they issues etickets. I will never use them again

my tket purchase

i purchase a tket on the 10/12/08 from siouxfalls to atlanta for a friend, when i tried to check the next day with the airline that accepted my offer, the trip was canceled. Why? i do not know. I call all their phones numbers that mentioned 24hrs, no one answer for the whole day.
Hope this complaint will help me to know what is going on with them. Thanks.

• Af
    afaf solomon Nov 02, 2008

I have been using airfare.com for 10 years. They are the most honest company in the market now.
    I respect very much what airfare.com is doing to secure our cards/ data, they don’t take any third party booking unless they make sure 100% that card holder is very much who is claiming that he is the card holder and if he is well a wear of his purchase or not, with all the fraud that is going on in this world, and if that is the only way they can actually stop the thief’s and all the card identity thefts then be it, , the only one will get upset from that are the thief’s. If you are not one of them then you should not worry.

Christy Nov 10, 2008

Are they ever gonna pick up the phone?
    I tried to call them for 5 times for 30 minutes, but never answered.
    Why does it say 24-hours customer service line since they never answer?
    Is this website working properly?
    I mean, to me, airfare.com seems very suspicious.