Silverleaf Resorts

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 by

Won't give me information

I have been an "owner" for 2+ years now. I wish i had said no, but their persistent salespeople used every trick in the book and duped me. Now they have been acquired by orangelake and now holiday inn vacation clubs.

They will not give me any information about this change over the phone. Won't email or mail me documentation on the changes and what they mean. Instead, they require me to drive 4 hours to them and sit through a presentation, which i cannot do. (Also, "presentation" seems like another sales pitch to me). Just send me the information about "my property".

They did offer me a stay, however it would have to be on a friday or sunday night...But there is one problem with that, i work, i cannot take the time off. So basically, i get no information about something i "own".

As a side note: the interest rate on my payments is 17% - holy crap! I am "paying it off" and financing it another way asap. The monthly "maintenance fee" for a place that i am only allowed at for 1 week a year is $90/month...Yes, $90 per month! For one week a year.

When i asked how i can get out of this, the answer was basically, well..You can't. You can "sell" it at a loss (Silverleaf makes the profit), you can wait till its paid off and "maybe" silverleaf would take it back from me...

Ripoff, waste of money, pain in the ###.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Timeshares / Vacation Rentals

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree