Silverleaf Resorts

Posted: Nov 4, 2015 by

Unethical

This timeshare has been a complete nightmare! We have never taken a vacation & have been married 20 years. It all sounded great & after being so tired & hungry at the 1hr turned 5hrs of hounding from one manager to the next we gave in that was in July 2015. I have yet had anything they told us be true they always tell me oh that person didn't know what they were talking about. I can't take it anymore I just don't have money like that to pay for something that useless. Now they ask where is your dream vacation, then "Oh you don't earn enough points with your program. We wanted to go to Galveston beach that was at least the main reason to buy & now "Oh its impossible to ever get a room there except maybe in the winter" REALLY! I have seen a few people say they stopped paying, can you do that ? I don't want anything on my credit. I cant keep paying for a room that I cant use or really you don't own & maintenance fee's for what? Please if anyone can help I would so appreciate it.
Complaint comments Comments (4) Complaint country United States Complaint category Timeshares / Vacation Rentals

Comments

N  15th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
The best thing to do is to hire and seek out a real/estate property lawyer.
Best of luck.
A  25th of Jan, 2016 by    0 Votes
After MANY "Owner updates" and all the hoopla provided, such as ~ "we will have you in every month for an update and that will help you in paying for your maintenance fees", it has become very FACTUAL that Silverleaf Resorts is a HUGE CON!! The "updates" are NO MORE THAN A HIGH PRESSURE SALES EVENT'!!! Further, when I have explained very clearly to the member services representative DURING an update, that I was having serious health issues ~ CANCER ~ and was experiencing financial difficulties, I was told ~ "pay what you can as often as you can and that will keep the financial folks off my back." Well guess what ~ I just received a threatening letter of FORECLOSURE due to take effect March 1, 2016. I have FOUR PAID FOR DEEDS, one for every Child when I pass on (I am 84) ~ quite a bit of money invested~ and the only answer I have gotten from the financial group is NO RELIEF for back maintenance fees. I WILL keep going to the next level of Management to ~ HOPEFULLY ~ find someone that will provide me with an alternate method of "catching up" on my maintenance fees rather than foreclosure. GOOD LUCK huh? NOT!!!
A  19th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
Get an attorney. This is wrong what they have done to you.
N  19th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes