Sify Broadband / Poor service and cheat!

1 India Review updated:

I have recently took sify broadband connection on january. After the expiration date on feb i had again renewed my sify broadband connection 128 kbps for 799 and people from sify came and collected the money on 25th of feb and after there had been no sign of connection and my sify cable operator. I had call many times sify customercare but everyday they say that they would get it right within 24 hrs but every morning they give a call and gives me the no. of my cable operator. And tells me that i need to contact him for getting it right.So, when i call he doesn't even pick the call instead disconnect it.And the sify customer care they do not have a definite answer for it.Its been more than fifteen days i have no connection. I am totally fed up with these ###.They need to be taught a lesson for these .I insist someone who is having the same problem should report this to the LAW .According to Indian Constitution of law there is a law against these kind of frauds. SIFY SUCKS!!!

Comments

30th of Jul, 2008

(Satish Gaikwad on behalf of Sonali Lokegaonkar)

(Address: B/403, Bhumiraj Abode, Sanpada, Navi Mumbai).

Sify log in id: sonali_gloke

Complaint Description:

Rain water coming from inside the cable.(Sify Broadband).

Case-> 7263313 - informed sify customer care for the above problem on 25th July, 2008.

The story:

The sify person came on the same day nad noticed the problem. We asked him to verify the cable connection on terrace. He told us that he will verify thesame and let us know. Till date he is vanished.

I called up sify customer care again on 30th July, 2008 and came to know that the case log has been updated as "the cable has been replaced and the problem has been resolved. But till date neither the cable has been replaced nor the problem has been resolved.

How sify can log the wrong information without resolving the problem.

Today, 31st July, 2008, I called up the sify customer care and came to know that the case description was something like " The cable problem is there from customer PC end" .

What is this nonsense ?

Case ->7288240

Description: Customer harassment...

I launched a complaint to sify for customer harassment against case -> 7263313.

Conclusion:

They are cheating the customer by updating the wrong information in the case log and not resolving the problem.

30th of Jul, 2008

Aggree with the poor service and cheat..

• So
      22nd of Jul, 2009

Hi,

My account id is sonal_18. I took Sify Broadband on 16th of June 2009 and had terrible problems thereafter.

My connection used to get disconnected every 2 days and the reason i got was connectivity error because the

franchisee people didn't connect it properly.

Ultimately on 30th of June 2009 i got my connection disconnected for 4th time which never returned before 4th of

July for which i was promised extra time on broadband (never ever given).

The most harrasing part is:
    1. I never got any refunds or extra hours.
    2. I had to call 1000 times to Sify and Franchisee and Sify people used to come during my office hours and say you

are not in home how will we check?
    3. When asked to come at 6, very adamant and used to say working hours till 5 pm only.
    4. One day i had to stay at home for them the whole day waiting till 5 pm and then they arrived at 8 in the evening

(after wasting my whole day) and restored my connection and even took a sign that it was my fault that i don't stay

at home during afternoon so my connection is restored after 4 days. What the hell man!!!
    5. The franchisee never picked up phone after 5 pm so no use of calling them after repeated disconnections.
    6. Call sify and they say will be solved within 24 hours which never happens as i explained.

Atlast i asked for a refund and i was given the reply there is no refund of installation.

I lost Rs. 520 (fee monthly), Rs. 100 (line maintenance), Rs. 500 installation. All in all Rs. 1120 lost.

Ultimately i took Airtel Broadband and i am very happy with their service.

The Franschise of Sify i am talking is at Jwala heri, Lamba Complex. People involved from their side:
    Sanjay:9212979764, Kamal:9250924362, Mr. Vijay from Sify:9711683301, 9312041961 and Mr. Amit from Sify:9871778008.

These people should be booked for Fraud before some other person is duped of his hard earned money.

BEWARE OF SIFY AND NEVER TAKE THEIR SERVICES.

Regards,
    Sonal Sinha

• Su
      25th of Jul, 2009

SIFY SUCKS

• Vi
      24th of Oct, 2009

Does anybody know of some vendor for SIFY by the name of Shrikanth in Bangalore?

Or any other vendor's name?

He took money from me and then called me to say that the connection is not available in my area. And then he still has not returned the money. Now his phone number has also changed.

Thanks a lot.