Shoppers Drug Mart

Posted: May 14, 2017 by

security guard

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Canada
On Wednesday, May 10 my daughter and her friend went to Shoppers in Lawson Heights, Saskatoon to find eyebrow pencil. They tried different cosmetic products. Security guard came to girls and asked if they have money to buy or just trying. Girls said they're browsing. Then security told them to buy or get out. He said if they ever come back to the store they are better to come with mom. After my daughter told me that I took her back to the store again. When guard saw me and my daughter coming inside he started to run from us. I called for the manager. She came in company with that guard. I explained her the situation and asked what is the reason my daughter was discriminated like this. The guard said people can't come in store to try products, they have to buy it. My daughter talked to me in our first language and same guard was yelling to us not to use other language than English. He told me that he will do something that my daughter never ever will be able to enter shoppers. I asked his name which he refused to give me. I asked where I can fill a complaint manager and him refused giving information to me. Isn't it a discrimination of all kinds? From what time we can't try the cosmetic product in the store? The guy who achieved 0 in his life will tell us to get out? Is it the policy if your stores?
Updated by AnnaKazak, May 14, 2017
Also when my daughter asked what's the problem guard said he will call the police. So when I came with my daughter I told him to call police now. So him can explain to police his behavior. He refused to do so.
Updated by AnnaKazak, May 14, 2017
First of all my daughter is 17, which is not considered minor. Then, she's working and responsible person. Secondly, she came to me because that's what guard wanted. And, yes I will fight for my child as normal mom will. Lastly, I got mad because she was forbidden to speak her language plus to everything else. Doesn't simple guard takes to much on himself, dude?
Complaint comments Comments (4)    Updated: Complaint country Canada Complaint category Employees

Comments

N  14th of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
I cannot believe this complaint and that someone could be so ignorant. NO your daughter may NOT go in a store and use the products, how the frack is the store suppose to sell used merchandise??? This is no different than if your daughter had eaten from food packages or drank from drink containers, and put back those items back on the shelf. You should have been forced to pay for the used makeup and your daughter forbidden in the store without a parent ot guardian present. Instead of whining about discrimination, of which there was none, why don't you teach your daughter some manners?!
D  14th of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
Why is that? There are testers in the store which are supposed to be used for testing. That's what my daughter did. That's what all people do. Try tester first and ten buy the product. How food items and manners are related to issue?
N  14th of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
Eyebrow pencils are never offered as "testers", just perfume and lotions are offered. I am positive your daughter and friend opened packages of makeup that were intended for sale and "sampled" them. So now they store cannot sell the merchandise. That is the same as stealing and that is why the guard was upset! At 17, yes your daughter is considered a minor. She is a minor till she reaches the age of 18. As far as speaking your own language, you are entitled to speak any language between the two of you that you want, there is nothing anyone can do to stop that.
@neatdude Agreed!