Shoppers Drug Mart - Oakville Place / horrible experience in cosmetics dept and then at the cash

Oakville, ON, Canada Review updated:

I was looking for a gold nail polish around the holidays and so pulled about 6-8 polishes from their display. I proceeded to try the colours on a nominal part of my nail to test for colour.

The cosmetics girl who was dusting the shelves with a feather-thing then caught my attention when I was walking away, asking, "Do you expect me to put those away, or are you going to?" I stated that I was actually walking away to get some service, since nobody availed themselves to me until then. She then proceeded to tell me that it was such a health hazard to try on nail polish and that I should have asked for tape to cover my nails. Disgust and demeaning in her tone and manner.

On one hand I can appreciate this, on the other - have you ever been to a SALON for a manicure or pedicure?? Do they crack open a new bottle every time you cross their threshold?? Unhygienic? Polishes are shared ALL THE TIME without sanitary considerations, even in the best salons.

Besides, why did she have the time to dust the shelves with a fluffy feather rather than extend decent service? I'm so tired of hourly-paid cosmetics employees thinking they have to one-up everyone else to prove something. I called the manager and got, "I'm surprised because she's one of my best" which translates to "I have no intention of doing anything about it because I like her."

Cashing out at the front was also a joy - no eye-contact, totally bored and not at all friendly. I haven't been there since and would advise against anyone visiting the Oakville Place Shoppers location.

Sa
Feb 2, 2017

Comments

• Wi
      3rd of Feb, 2017

In a salon you are aware you are getting used supplies and have the option of bringing your own. When I go to a store to buy something I do not want to buy used merchandise. YOU might have something wrong with you that can contaminate the product that I am going to buy. How dare you put your germs in something someone else will buy. She should have made you buy every one of them.