Select Comfort / Dissatisfaction

1 Abilene, TX, United States Review updated:

We bought a Sleep Number bed back in 2003. I slept on it for about a year and a half but started to get back aches so I began sleeping in the extra bedroom on a regular bed. My husband still sleeps on the Sleep Number bed but is constantly complaining about back aches. I really regret buying the bed but we spent so much money on it that we feel we need to use it. Kinda silly huh. I wouldn't recommend this bed to anyone. It is starting to sag in the middle. Every once in a while I'll sleep on it with my husband but would get up in the middle of the night to go to the other bed since I'd wake up with backaches. This was one of the worst purchases I've every made. I won't make that mistake again.

Jo

Comments

23rd of Jan, 2009

I am sorry to say that we also had a bad experience. Not only the product hasn't delivered the promised "no more back pains", but now after only 2 years and 2 months of purchase (we did not assemble it until a few months later when we moved), the pump has gone dead.
    I can blame my back pain on little of exercising, bad posture... but we paid a very high price for a pump that stops working for no apparent reason after only 2 years of use. New buyers beware, the company only ocvers 98% of the cost of the pump in the first 2 years, after that only 72% ($114.83 withTx&S&H) with 4% reduction every year after.
    Ohhh, wait!! Maybe the pumps are not made for uncomfortable costumers who actually can't stick with only one pressure setting because the bed is not any more comfortable than any other.

• Yv
      27th of May, 2009

I agree with maria. I have had this bed for 4 years now and hasnt helped my back, I still wake up with back pain. When I purchased this bed I was under the impression it had a 20 year warranty, but now since my had controller is loosing the numbers on the display I have to pay for a new pump because its all connected. I should have been more aware that the 20 year warranty is limited, for every year you own this bed after 2 years, a 4% reduction is what you get stuck with. I have a regular posturepedic queen bed in my guest bedroom and find it more comfortable. For the money you spend on this bed, you would think the warranty would be better. I wish I never bought this bed.