Sears Rebate Center / ridiculous way to credit consumers
Sears employs a classic bait and switch with its purported "rebate" enticement for large appliances, which it runs several times per year. It offers 10% off one appliance, 20% off two appliances, and 30% off three or more appliances over $399 in value. But the incentive is nowhere near as good as it sounds because soon after you sign on the dotted line, the friendly folks at Sears disclaim any knowledge of, or connection to, your rebate. Instead, you are directed to the Sears Rebate Center, which either intentionally or incompetently mismanages the rebate process, taking no action on the rebate for at least eight weeks while Sears holds your money and earns interest on your savings.
The Sears Rebate Center employees will cheerfully inform you that "it takes 6 to 8 weeks to process your rebate application" as if that is a perfectly reasonable amount of time to log something into a computer. Then after six weeks of "processing" the application (which any mechanized system with a handful of staffers could do in a single day), Sears then takes "up to 30 days" to mail the check to you because the company inexplicably chooses to send the check via third class mail.
Nothing makes a customer feel so appreciated as when a Fortune 100 company sends rebate checks via third class mail. Rest assured, the billing statement for the full price of your appliances will be "processed" in less than two weeks and mailed via first class mail so that you will have to bear the entire brunt of the cost of these appliances for weeks before your money is returned to you. Sears should be ashamed of itself. Rebates are a ridiculous way to credit consumers for sale prices on appliances and the money should be taken off at the cash register as it is at Best Buy, Home Depot and Lowes.
More Sears Rebate Center Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- [Resolved] Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washing Machine - F1 error 
- Sears Brands - drill drive
- Sears Kenmore Elite - Model # 795.74025.412
- Sears Brands - refrigerator issues, not wanting to replace it
- Sears Parts Direct - I am complaining about return and overall service
- Sears Johnson City Mall - credit for cancelled item