Sears Oasis Washing Machine / washing machine does not work

1 Hanover, MA, United States Review updated:

There is one word to describe the Oasis Washing Machine LEMON, we have had nothing but problems with it. We had to have the service people out to fix the machine every couple of months, the Service Tech even said that the machine is no good! I was a loyal customer of Sears, I will not buy another product there.

To

Comments

• Ju
      5th of Sep, 2008

I am now on my second Oasis machine and the 7th repair visit. Randomly, the machine gives me an electronic signal F51 and it will not function. I am left with a full, wet laundry load, the repair person shows up, giggles things around, temporarily fixes the blasted machine, only for the same thing to happen again. When I spoke to Sears about the lemon law, one person says I qualify, the next says I do not, since no parts were needed. Is there anywhere to go to get help? I will never purchase another Sears machine.

• Su
      2nd of Oct, 2008

my oasis went out about the exact same time with an F51 code...I also was told these washers were being recalled, and mine did qualify. I called today to schedule service, but was told by a very rude "phone person" (not their real title, I will not say it was customer service person because for obvious reasons), and also was told it did not qualify. Asked to speak to a supervisor, and they hung up on me, called me back 1 min. later, and hung up on me again. What a bunch of deadheads. Who does Sears think they are fooling? THEY MUST KNOW THEIR TIME IS LIMITED (IF THEY HAVE ANY TIME LEFT IN SALES).
    THEY MUST BE SMOKING CRACK.

• Bc
      21st of Nov, 2008

My machine is only 1 & 1/2 years old. I also got the F 50 signal. I called Service Dept. and scheduled an appt. Made arrangements to be home. Sears didn't have the courtesy to show up nor call. The next day, the service man did show. Couldn't repair due to having to order many parts. He rescheduled me for a week later. He also told me that Sears had a problem with the machine and the machine had been revamped. Image, I'm looking at over 10 days without a washer. When I called the "Supervisor, I was told to visit a laundromat. I paid over $1200. plus tax, plus extended warranty. I have never been so appalled before in my life. Sears should never state, Satisfaction Guaranteed". I asked them to overnight the parts and they said it wouldn't happen. They also told me to go to Aaron Rents or somewhere to rent a machine. After, they make the sales, the customer service stops. I will never buy anything else from Sears

• Po
      5th of Mar, 2009

UNFORTUNATELY for us, we purchased the Kenmore Oasis HE washer and dryer duo for $2, 400 not including service contract for both 2-1/2 yrs ago. I HATE, HATE, HATE this washer!! LET ME REITTERATE--I HATE THIS &*%$(@ING WASHER!!

Both machines are digital function and last Friday 2/20, the Power Button on the washer wouldn't come on when pressed. My husband called the Repair Center and was told they couldn't send a Service Tech until the following Friday (2/27).

This is totally unacceptable!! In THIRTY years of purchasing ALLl our appliances from Sears, this is the first time (and the LAST) I have had to wait a WEEK just to get a repairman in and another week for a part to arrive. Well, the part (circuit board) arrived yesterday and we have a repairman coming Friday 3/6 between 8AM & 5 PM!!

Sears has lost a longstanding Best Customer and we will NEVER buy another thing from Sears ever again!! No wonder this store is in the crapper but NOT going down FAST enough!! Sears & Kmart they deserve each other!!

C & J Zbornik