Sears Manitowoc / slipped on a wet floor

1 United States

I slipped on a wet floor, this was observed by a male clerk that was present at a service desk. At the time of the slip there were no wet floor markings. The initial shock of the fall other than pain in my elbow and forearm was a little disorientating as to what I should do other than being very embarrassed and feeling very uncomfortable, I looked for assistance and the clerk ignored me, and was more interested in seeking to place signs where I had slipped. After searching/seeking assistance I returned to the service desk, where there was present the same male clerk and now a female. The male clerk would neither take my name or make a note of the incident, and expressed no interest in my issue or the extent of my injuries, the female was extremely rude and was more interested in pointing out the languages that were observed on the wet floor signs. Eventually the female took my name and address. I left the store and sought medical assistance. I was seen at the local Emergency Dept, had x rays taken, prescribed pain killers.

I woke up the next day with extreme pain in my right back, however that is not the cause of my complaint and the extent of that is a separate issue. I phoned the next day to request that the store acknowledge and pay for the medical costs, to which the female who responded, basically laughed at me and told me to contact the store attorney. I phoned again a little later and spoke to someone who identified himself as Chuck, he after a series of admonishments on how to observe floor and store safety, stated that I had no witnesses and therefore I cannot have any claim, nor will the store acknowledge any incident.

What I do want to reiterate to ALL CONSUMERS is I believe there is an effective policy of all stores to make it very difficult to make a claim of any kind, CONSUME BUT DO NOT COMPLAIN, I would additional advise that if you do go into a store, particularly this SEARS store in Manitowoc, WI , you go in accompanied and not alone. Especially if you are of a different ethnicity.

I would like to see the video surveillance tape of time index 6.45 - 6.55 PM 101806 of the area in question, just to prove my case, which I am sure will quite conveniently disappear. However I did keep a tape recording of

1: Talking to the store clerk and their admitting that an incident occurred.
2. The two responses made by the clerk operating at the stores.

I do enclose a copy of my talking to the store clerks so that other people if this is made publicly available, will see how bad things are for people who genuinely slip and fall.

If there is interest in hearing the humiliating laugh, and the other call to the store you are more than welcome to request it.

Andrew

Fox Lake
WI 53933

On the 18th October 2006 at approximately 6.45pm, at the Sears Store at 700 E MAGNOLIA UNIT 220, MANITOWOC, WI 54220. [protected]

An