[Resolved] Sears Kenmore Washer / master protection agreements

1 GA, United States Review updated:

Well it happened.. the front load washer started making a bumping noise when spinning and bits of plastic started showing up in the wash. So we think no problem we have the Master Protection Agreement that we have paid for 7 years to keep in under warranty. Call Sears to request the repair today 5/14/2013 and are told the first available service date is 6/11/2013. Don't know what world Sears lives in but normal folks can't go almost a whole month without washing clothes. This is unacceptable service, Sears you are losing customers because of this. We have several items under this Master Protection Agreement and are paying a lot of money each year for this protection. We won't happen again, fool me once shame on you..
My advice if you are considering buying from Sears or their Warranty service DON'T.

• Resolution statement

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, May 14, 2013

Dear GaHack1,

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle issues from start to finish with one dedicated case manager. I found your post here and wanted to reach out and offer our sincere apologies for the length of time it is taking before our service team can come out and diagnosis your washer issue. Also, because of having a Master Protection Agreement on your washer, we do offer compensation for your laundry costs while your machine is not working properly. We'd like to speak with you regarding this situation as well as speak with you regarding your customer service experience. We value your business very much and want to make sure that everything that can be done to help you is being done. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (GaHack1), phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com.

Susan R.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

Ga
May 14, 2013

Comments

• Ke
      11th of Feb, 2010
    Sears Kenmore Washer - The pump on washer keeps going out
    Sears
    Toledo
    Ohio

We purchased a Kenmore Front Loader Washer and Dryer from Sears, which is not paid off yet. I replaced the pump on my Kenmore washer the middle of August. In three months, it needed to be replaced again. Being retired I cannot afford a new washer or to keep replacing the pump. At present, I cannot get the washer to work a full cycle. I must keep turning the washer on and off - turn it to the rinse and spin cycle - then to drain and spin cycle.

17th of Dec, 2010

I have the same problem does lemon law apply

14th of May, 2013

Don't think a month is a little time issue. Seems like really poor service to me. Not what I paid for.

17th of May, 2013

Hi Susan,
    I sent you my information on the 14th. Today is the 17th and haven't heard anything from Sears. If you are going to reach out to us and handle this issue I would appreciate if you did it before the June 11th appointment.

Mike Bryan
    Long Time Sears Customer

17th of May, 2013

CaryGrant,

Don't think that was addressed to you. Are you a moderator of this board? What's you deal. Just a troll?

GaHack1

• Ms
      21st of May, 2013

@ Cary: Eh, I don't know. His internet rant did get a rep over here. Albeit, that it seems like they are just trying to do damage control since they are now telling him that he is eligible for laundry reimbursement, instead of when he called. But you do have a point, you do catch more flies with honey. He could have probably solved it over the phone, but companies are very concerned with their brand and image (those are interchangeable with each other, I might add) to the point where Sears has a "Social Media Support Escalations team" whose job it is to patrol the internet looking for situations like this. The responder is doing her JOB, making Sears look good, and I am glad he updated that they hadn't contacted him yet, on the chance that Sear's concern is just a facade, I would want to know if they really don't fix his issue and that the response is just for show. Social media has a ton of power these days and crabbing online will get a result. Like you though, I always make sure I am pleasant when I want something, and I can't think of a time when it didn't work. But seriously, you don't have to defend Sears, they are an evil corporation like all the rest. You can be a long time customer to a company and decide to discontinue doing business on merit. I have and avoid places now that had sneaky warranties that were a hassle to use.

28th of May, 2013

MS and Cary,
    I meet the Sears technician today at my house 5-28-2013. Looks like they will be replacing the washer under the Master Protection Agreement. I will say the tech was professional and very courteous. We did get service two weeks before the original appointment. My biggest concern was the time for a scheduled appointment 4 weeks seems like a stretch to me. Being in the service business myself I would consider that unacceptable for my company to take 4 weeks to service a maintenance contract customer.

That being said Sears has stepped up an are going to replace the washer due to the cost of repairing our current washer.

Cary there is no straight line to get from the customer service rep on the 800 line to Susan the Social Media Moderator without posting something online. But I will retract my statement about not buying from Sears as they are taking care of this issue. If I could make that bold I would.