[Resolved] Sears Kenmore Dryer / 9 dryer delivery failures

Denver, United States

Sears appliance delivery gross incompetence is hard to imagine without experiencing it as i unfortunately had to go through. 8 failed delivery attempts for one kenmore dryer. Only one delivery mistake was triggered by the otherwise very supportive sears sales office giving mis - information to the sears warehouse. The other 7 delivery failures were caused by the sears warehouse mis - management and carelessness. The errors ranged from failure to keep appointments (4 times) to placing the dryer vent in the wrong location prior to delivery (3 times) . As some know, sears delivery protocols include notice of next day delivery time after 6pm the night before delivery. They then give themselves a 4 hour delivery window where someone (Me or my handyman) must be available to receive delivery. That equals 28 hours of our time, plus the time being there during the failed deliveries, plus the time to set up these failed deliveries with my renters.
The colorado sears warehouse is independent from sears stores. I appreciate the sears sales outlet for giving multiple price discounts to compensate for the incompetence of the sears warehouse.
Recommendation: if you buy a sears appliance, pick it up. Don’t depend on sears warehouse to do a competent delivery even if it is free, which it usually isn’t.

• Resolution statement

• SearsCare's Response, Feb 24, 2014

Former Sears appliance buyer,
    We apologize for the trouble you experienced with your dryer delivery. My name is David with the Sears Social Media Support Team. I can see that this situation has caused you a lot of frustration and I thank you for letting us know about this. If you would like, we would be happy to have a case manager contact you directly to discuss this experience and assist in addressing any concerns you may have. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Former Sears appliance buyer) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We look forward to talking to you soon.

David W.