[Resolved] Sears Home Services / sub-contractors used by sears

MA, United States Review updated:

So for those who have read my complaint on Sears Home Central we have the following with regards to the sub-contractors they use.

1st Giant Heating out of bridgewater mass., is someone to avoid. their work is shoddy, without question below average and there is a good chance you will have call backs and damages. They had to return mutliple times to evaluate the vibration of the newly installed furnace. On the 2nd trip they simply lied about it but on the third trip they acknowledged that they had lifted the pipe which was not rattling against the floor, sheetrock or both. They would go on to say that the electrician that was noted on my first item evidently no longer works for sears or they have not seen them.

However, they went on to try and bubblegum the vibration rather than simply fix it. The 2nd item is the thermostat. While they installed the correct one they simple screwed it into the sheetrock. When I observed this i indicated it appears rather loose, yes? Well usually we hit a 2x4 at which point I say, " ahh I don't think so".. Maybe you should use the sinkers and reinstall.

Through-out their initial install they did nothing but complain of how little they earn from Sears in doing this work! They complained about other subs and issues related to working with Sears.

They damage things after installation and try to walkaway from their responsibility and are not someone I can recommend. For that matter perhaps I would advise to stay away from Sears as their track record from my viewpoint is not a good one.

• Resolution statement

• Kenmore Customer Care's Response, Jul 06, 2011

Dear dwb54:
    I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. We’re very sorry to hear about the service you have received from our team and we apologize for the frustration this has caused you.
    My name is Susan and I am part of the A&E Solutions team. We understand your frustration and do want to see how we can be of assistance to you. At your convenience please contact our office at [protected]@aefactoryservice.com so we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with a contact number and the phone number the furnace is listed under and we will contact you directly. In addition please include your screen name (dwb54) in your email for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.
    A&E Solutions Team
    A&E Cares

Dw

Comments

• Dw
      Jul 07, 2011

Thanks A&E however I don't need another "service" but will end up using local and knowledgeable contractors. For that matter I should have used local contractors to begin with. Sears Home Improvement (except for two front line people have tried with various degrees of success to resolve these problems) Services with regards to quality workmanship has been abysmal. They fail to provide information for Peter Adams when requested multiple times. They fail to repair/replace related damages caused by their contractors but seem to endorse the concept of let the homeowner worry about repairing the damages. For something this expensive one expects much better delivery and performance.

• Dw
      Feb 12, 2012

Update: After going back and forth with the Heating Giant's insurance company on damages to the door - enough was enough so I sued Brian Martin for damages. The story they told was utterly amazing. The Magistrate must have thought so to as the court found in my favor and awarded damages and court costs.

What they were apparently unaware of (as it was irrelevant to this matter) was that Sears had offered to settle "shoddy" work on the furnace installation. That was also refused (and will be updated) in my other complaint.

During the interim I had a sears service tech come to service the boiler to make sure after all this it would be ready for the heating season. When he saw what was left behind he was not impressed so much so he noted the "shoddy" work in his tech notes.

I was then informed by a different Sears sub-contractor that it would have cost me $1200 - $1500 to fix the mess left behind. You can read what did transpire as an update to my other Sears Complaint.