Sears Home Improvement / inproper installation
On Feb. 27, 2008 my wife & I had a new furnace installed in our home. I'm a truck driver & on the road alot. When I got home & saw the furnace, I was quite impressed. But then I noticed where they had broken the wood molding that surrounds the outer edge. When I asked my wife if they said anything about the molding she said no. Needless to say I was upset. I called the Sears department manager & yes I was quite blunt with him. the repairs were made. Now during the furnace installation one of the installers had to go under the house, (we have a mfg. home). At some point during that time the installer indicated to my wife that our AC was low on freon. Since it was still quite cold outside we couldn't test the AC. Now that the warmer weather has set in we decided to call a certified AC company. The technician discovered that the quick disconnect lines and the seal were damaged and that we had no freon in our system at all. To have the system fixed and the AC charged it has cost us $618.00. We've lived in this home for 12 years and have never had a problem. Even last year we ran the AC without incident. Once again I called the Sears Home improvement dept and spoke to the same manager. He indicated to me that since we went to an outside source he wasn't going to do anything about it. I said to him we can do this professionally or we could do this the legal way. He again replied he couldn't do anything or should I say won't do anything. Since when does Sears dictate to customers who they call for other home work? We own this home and who we decide to call for repairs or improvements does not require the approval of Sears Home Improvement Dept managers.
Now I'm concerned how the furnace man released the freon or did he really capture the freon ? If he just released the freon into the air he violated federal law and he endangered my wife and granddaughter.
More Sears Home Improvement Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Brands - je more elite
- Sears - master protection agreement not honored
- Sears Brands - protection agreement division
- Sears Home Improvements - gutters and soffits
- Sears Brands - working conditions