Sears Canada / sears canada handling charge rip-off
By phone I ordered a vertical blind from Sears Canada, delivery of which would be 2 days hence. Within 15 minutes I realized having ordered the wrong size and immediately called back to cancel the first and order the proper size. The operator advised she could not cancel as it had not yet gone to shipping and I should call the next day. For whatever reason I forgot to call and the 2 blinds showed up on the expected date whereupon I refused the first.
When I received my statement it showed the original order and the return was credited to my account, however the $2.00 handling charge was still applied. I called Sears and they advised the charge would be reversed this time only and said that should I ever make a mistake in the future I would be stuck with the fee.
This was confirmed by Sears Customer Service whom also stated they have had numerous complaints on this subject. In fact she seemed amused that customers were angry. Further she told me the person taking thee second order should have switched me to Customer service who could have canceled the first order.
Well I have had a Sears card for over 35 years, but I don't any longer.
More Sears Canada Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Brands - ge dryer
- Sears Brands - kenmore refrigerator
- Sears Brands - customer support
- Sears - maintenance agreement
- Sears Home Appliance Service - sears in-home appliance service